BST In Dyna.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST in Dyna.
BST in Dyna.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-12-02 12:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if i had the gear i'd test it... i was just having fun with the gear sets.
By Brolli 2011-12-02 13:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said: »
Wearing pdt and eva pet gear is completely unnecessary in dynamis. I only use 2-3 stacks of delta food per run with zero of both. I make those stacks for like 2k gil.

I wouldn't bother with an eva or pdt setup inside of dynamis. Yuly rapes everything without it.
against 1 mob , 1 by 1 yes, but 3 or more (links) it's not that smart wearing full haste gear, i have been farming tons of times with my friends (badwagon dynamis bsts) with not a single pdt and they have some problems handling 3+ mobs spamming food all over/using more than 2 yulis for dynamis
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-02 13:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Brolli said: »
Wearing pdt and eva pet gear is completely unnecessary in dynamis. I only use 2-3 stacks of delta food per run with zero of both. I make those stacks for like 2k gil.

I wouldn't bother with an eva or pdt setup inside of dynamis. Yuly rapes everything without it.
against 1 mob , 1 by 1 yes, but 3 or more (links) it's not that smart wearing full haste gear, i have been farming tons of times with my friends (badwagon dynamis bsts) with not a single pdt and they have some problems handling 3+ mobs spamming food all over/using more than 2 yulis for dynamis

Well theres ur problem.
[+]
By Praeter 2011-12-02 15:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a ridill, so I don't have any personal testing on it, but I'll never understand why a Bst or Thf uses Ridill, even on EP mobs. Especially for Bst there are so many better options you can use.

I just started working on Farsha. I currently am using 2x Pdt axes. I'd like to do a -def axe, but was thinking of doing the DA one. I use spellcast and macros so I always start in a capped haste and full DD set for myself using red curry buns. I have sets for full pet att and also pet def minus proper axes. I desperately need to get final moogle mission done, but the pre-req stuff is so annoying!
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2011-12-02 15:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Praeter said: »
I don't have a ridill, so I don't have any personal testing on it, but I'll never understand why a Bst or Thf uses Ridill, even on EP mobs. Especially for Bst there are so many better options you can use.

I just started working on Farsha. I currently am using 2x Pdt axes. I'd like to do a -def axe, but was thinking of doing the DA one. I use spellcast and macros so I always start in a capped haste and full DD set for myself using red curry buns. I have sets for full pet att and also pet def minus proper axes. I desperately need to get final moogle mission done, but the pre-req stuff is so annoying!

Because I already have mine.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-02 15:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Increased WS frequency and availability of TP for Sambas/Steps.

As far as THF goes, because they want to show off.
By Praeter 2011-12-02 15:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
I don't have a ridill, so I don't have any personal testing on it, but I'll never understand why a Bst or Thf uses Ridill, even on EP mobs. Especially for Bst there are so many better options you can use. I just started working on Farsha. I currently am using 2x Pdt axes. I'd like to do a -def axe, but was thinking of doing the DA one. I use spellcast and macros so I always start in a capped haste and full DD set for myself using red curry buns. I have sets for full pet att and also pet def minus proper axes. I desperately need to get final moogle mission done, but the pre-req stuff is so annoying!
So you like using a shitty weapon?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-12-02 15:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Brolli said: »

Sorry but I do dynamis on my bst and my friend's bst, and I have no issues. His BST is gimp as all *** holy hell, and mine has no pdt or eva for my pet. I have no trouble handling links on either of them, ever. I spam delta food too. If you get a lot of links just hit noisome when its up. Yuly dominates all of dynamis even on a gimp bst.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2011-12-02 15:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
I don't have a ridill, so I don't have any personal testing on it, but I'll never understand why a Bst or Thf uses Ridill, even on EP mobs. Especially for Bst there are so many better options you can use. I just started working on Farsha. I currently am using 2x Pdt axes. I'd like to do a -def axe, but was thinking of doing the DA one. I use spellcast and macros so I always start in a capped haste and full DD set for myself using red curry buns. I have sets for full pet att and also pet def minus proper axes. I desperately need to get final moogle mission done, but the pre-req stuff is so annoying!
So you like using a shitty weapon?

If dyna were just based on kill speed then I might put effort into making the DA, def down, or 2-4 axe, but because it's proc based and that adds too many variables to take into account I don't really care that much.

Saying I have a Ridill and that alone being the reason I use it wasn't meant to be an insult, just a statement of fact.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-02 15:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always thought Ridill would own for BST/DNC in dyna, just realized BST has an E in sword though :( 275 skill at 95, thats missing out on like 100 attack and acc :/ not sure if it would matter versus easy prey 75 content, but yeah
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2011-12-02 15:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
I've always thought Ridill would own for BST/DNC in dyna, just realized BST has an E in sword though :( 275 skill at 95, thats missing out on like 100 attack and acc :/ not sure if it would matter versus easy prey 75 content, but yeah

Definitely makes a difference. If I didn't already have it it's not something I would seek out. If my axe hits for 100-110 then Ridill will hit for 50-60. This is also with 370 axe skill and 280 sword (with suppa).
By Praeter 2011-12-02 15:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Decimus, I see what you are saying now. Most that own a Ridill just use it cause "u jelly i swing fasterz lulz".

I don't actually know what's best to offhand with Farsha as I need to do more research. I've rekindled my love for Bst and I don't have any use for a different empy weapon currently as I only play Ninja, Monk, and Bst as DD. I have Kannagi and Rev. Fists +2, with the intention of doing Vere slowly while my group works on GA.

If anyone has any recommendations for Farsha/??? please share! Also, how is Cloudsplitter? Or do most still use Rampage?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-02 15:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on a 2-4 Axe for the reasons I stated above. Higher WS frequency and more abundance of Sambas.
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-02 15:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Decimus, I see what you are saying now. Most that own a Ridill just use it cause "u jelly i swing fasterz lulz".

I don't actually know what's best to offhand with Farsha as I need to do more research. I've rekindled my love for Bst and I don't have any use for a different empy weapon currently as I only play Ninja, Monk, and Bst as DD. I have Kannagi and Rev. Fists +2, with the intention of doing Vere slowly while my group works on GA.

If anyone has any recommendations for Farsha/??? please share! Also, how is Cloudsplitter? Or do most still use Rampage?

Cloudsplitter sux, only time i use it is for amber lights. For now its only rampage untill i finish guttler.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-02 15:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »

Cloudsplitter sux, only time i use it is for amber lights. For now its only rampage untill i finish guttler.
what kind of dmg does it put out in dyna? not worth the ODD?
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-02 15:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant really say because i dont use it, rampage will do 1.5-2k. But all other testing ive done i dont see any reason do it besides amber or not to ruby by accident. With the tests i did 800 was the average topping at 1.2k a couple times.

Fully buffed in abyssea with atmas the ODD might be worth it, but bst just swings too slow otherwise.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-02 15:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

While I'm thinking of it, I don't want to start a new thread but what are you guys using to WS in dyna? This is what I've been using but I have some questions.. Legs are Crit rate+4

a) Pipilaka vs. Anguinus vs. Bier +1 vs. Soil?
b) Twilight mail vs Adaberk?
c) Does Epona's belong in Rampage?
d) Flame sachet vs. Demonry core? (4 dex should bump it up a tier)
e) Mekira-oto +1 is obvious upgrade
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-02 16:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Legs have str+3 crit hit+3. Farsha is 90 and the other is DA. It's not the best set but its works.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-02 16:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, that body's augments "killer" is damage +2% on most things. Is that why you prefer it?
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-02 16:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, that body's augments "killer" is damage +2% on most things. Is that why you prefer it?

Yea, wiki says it caps at 25% bouns.
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Yuffy
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2011-12-07 08:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Increased WS frequency and availability of TP for Sambas/Steps.

As far as THF goes, because they want to show off.
^

As for the difference in skill, in Dynamis, it doesn't matter. Though, if I wasn't lazy, I would rather go with an OAT/2-4 Axe as the difference in DoT must be huge.

About using Pet: PDT/eva in dynamis, rofl. As someone said earlier, go in full DD. There is no such thing as Pet tanking in dyna, even with 5 mobs on the ***, one of them being a NM (sup Nant'ina).

Now the hard part is fiding a decent Axe for the main hand when you are a bandwagon BST. Looks like Alard's Axe +2 or Charmer's Merlin are the only "ok" and cheap Axes :/
 Fenrir.Frobos
user: Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2011-12-29 20:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been averaging 230-260 singles per Valkurm run after I got my routine down. I just started about a week and a half ago. My first run I made about 90 singles. It took me a few days to figure it out and develop a routine. I go in during dead periods. I'm also working on a 2-4 times attack axe to help speed up kills. 5/5 Ruinator made a huge difference in my yield per run. Everything else is luck. My highest was 261 singles. If something that is in my routine is camped I'll switch to another mob in that JA proc time frame. Today though it was kind of packed and I came out with 149 singles. Most of the time was spent wandering around looking for mobs. I went in during prime NA time today.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-12-29 20:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow 230-260 thats nice :O I can only manage maybe 100-150 because every single zone got 20+ people at all hours and being from EU don't help, so forced to dyna-tav alot :(
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-29 20:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Frobos said: »
I've been averaging 230-260 singles per Valkurm run after I got my routine down. I just started about a week and a half ago. My first run I made about 90 singles. It took me a few days to figure it out and develop a routine. I go in during dead periods. I'm also working on a 2-4 times attack axe to help speed up kills. 5/5 Ruinator made a huge difference in my yield per run. Everything else is luck. My highest was 261 singles. If something that is in my routine is camped I'll switch to another mob in that JA proc time frame. Today though it was kind of packed and I came out with 149 singles. Most of the time was spent wandering around looking for mobs. I went in during prime NA time today.
Average 230-260 yet your highest was 261 and you sometimes get 149. Methinks you dunno what an average is :/

I average 250 when I'm the only one in the zone and I'm getting ridiculously lucky on procs and drops.. er... wait... average?
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2011-12-29 20:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

There are around 12-17 people in the zone when I go in. But I don't generally see anyone around where I camp. Maybe another BST sharing it with me sometimes but there are enough mobs for us both honestly. The only time it slows down is when there is a party of 4-6 there killing at a camp. That's when I know I can't compete.
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2011-12-29 20:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I like round numbers :( Let's just say my highest was 260! And the 149 was because I entered during prime time. It was very busy in there which I usually don't enter at that time. So my usual yield during my normal farming time is 230-260 for about 7 days straight. I hope that makes sense. As of right now I assume I'm lucky.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2011-12-30 00:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said: »
Wow 230-260 thats nice :O I can only manage maybe 100-150 because every single zone got 20+ people at all hours and being from EU don't help, so forced to dyna-tav alot :(
Well I'm from EU and I can tell you that the best time is pretty much EU only :p

It's not rare that I'm alone in the area when I solo on my mules which helps a lot seeing how gimp they are :(
 Fenrir.Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2011-12-30 03:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That's exactly when I do my runs lol.
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-12-30 09:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

A consistant 1.1-1.2k for me with 85 Farsha and offhanding a TP bonus +100 axe, Normal cloudsplitter gear otherwise. I'd say it was worth using to be on par with rampage at 95 if you kept up AM, But @ 99 Ruinator is just too good. For Dyna i still mainhand farsha and offhand either a pdt or eva axe.. thinking about making a str one or pet attack+.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7