Maat Fight problems
First Page 2
 Kujata.Infinian
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Infinian
By Kujata.Infinian 2009-04-24 11:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anybody give me some tips on fighting maat cuz im having some difficulties. I fought him the first time and he asuran fisted me twice within only a few seconds... i thought about it and was like "it can happen, i'll just try again" so i did... and he Asuran fisted 3 times within 5 sec for over 800 dmg... what should i do?
 Kujata.Infinian
By Kujata.Infinian 2009-04-24 11:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD maat fight btw
 Bahamut.Ragnell
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-24 11:39:30
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Have you looked?

Anyways Speaking of maat fights, I'm due for mine soon, I just need my HQ staff
 Kujata.Infinian
By Kujata.Infinian 2009-04-24 11:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i've looked at how to do it, i just didnt expect him to blast over half my health away with his tripple asuran fist...
 Bahamut.Ragnell
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-24 11:42:44

Maat doesnt require TP to use it, he can spam it all he wants
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-24 11:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This should be obvious by now, but with the new Level Sync revolution...the MOST IMPORTANT part of Maat on PLD is CAP YOUR SHIELD SKILL if it is not already capped. Yagudo Drinks are very important also. Sentinel is your friend in any fight like that...people use it at the beginning to negate damage at the beginning, that's stupid and wrong. Maat spams TP as the fight goes on, yeah.

Save Sentinel til you feel he's getting low enough to spam TP, or until you REALLY need a damage reduction while you fill yourself back up.

Potions are of course nice, but remember MP is always more important than HP. 5 MP average makes about 25-30 HP. A Vile Elixer helps a lot too in a bind.

This is an arguable point here: I personally Invincible'd when he did just to stalemate that and take it as a 30 second break to breath and calmly do everything I needed to. A lot of other people will argue that that break is needed when you're closer to dying. For instance after two asuran fists, left with 100 HP. Using that would save your ***...but to each it's own.

PLD Maat is flexable because shield procs on both of you make it a long and grueling battle. Not to mention the cure spams on himself. You'll get em though.
 Diabolos.Aphy
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-24 11:43:50

I Think (though never tried cause I dont have pld leveled) that you sleep TP with an opo necklace and ws him, then eat a tp wing (Dantelious or something) and ws him again and then you invincible and get tp and WS again and I think he dies, but I could be wrong :x
 Kujata.Infinian
By Kujata.Infinian 2009-04-24 11:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

-_- thats the gayest thing i have ever heard of... so basically beating him is almost a luck of the draw kind of thing... and hope i invinsible when he does it?
 Kujata.Infinian
By Kujata.Infinian 2009-04-24 11:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

aight, thank you guys! i appriciate it :D
 Bahamut.Calyxx
user: calyxx
By Bahamut.Calyxx 2009-04-24 11:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

do you have to cap your WS to fight matt im about to get to fight him and hate bringing my WS up "damn you level sync" just wandering what to get it to please let me know cap prob. i guess

and does anyone know i cheap way to get the Opo-opo Necklace only need it for matt fight and cant farm anymore so dont know how to get 100k guess i could do 100 teles with my sub whm lol any ideas ???
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-24 11:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. At the start of the fight, opo and sleep to 300%. Spirits Within at 300% does a nice little touch of damage that he can't shield proc. xD A few maats are luck of the draw fights. PLD has a touch of that too.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-24 11:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

WS meaning your combat skill? What job are you on? And the Opo necklace can be free if you did the headstone Zilart mission...you just need to be willing to go all the way through Ifrit's Cauldron for it. Also, some people have them in storage. Try asking your LS if you can hold one for the fight. A lotttt of people have them for things like Ultima and Omega.
 Bahamut.Ragnell
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-24 11:52:22

Since the subject of maat is up

So far my Elemental is capped and My Enfeebling is 4 levels away from cap

This will be my gear going in

Anything here need to change?
 Bahamut.Calyxx
By Bahamut.Calyxx 2009-04-24 11:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Im DRK and dont know many people cause i dont play everyday mostly weekends.
and im talking about the level my weapon is at right now is only 223 >.< because of level sync so cap you think?
 Bahamut.Ragnell
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-24 11:57:58

Calyxx said:
Im DRK and dont know many people cause i dont play everyday mostly weekends.
and im talking about the level my weapon is at right now is only 223 >.< because of level sync so cap you think?

Sounds like {Skill} {Up} {Do you need it?} {Yes,Please}
If you are, I'll join you to cap my enfeeb and level my sword/dark magic
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-24 11:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Any DD should always, always cap their weapon before fighting maat. More skill means more ACC and more damage. God forbid you miss a hit on a Guillotine on Maat. ><
 Bahamut.Calyxx
By Bahamut.Calyxx 2009-04-24 11:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lol yes if your on tonn. want a skill up party ?? at the tree. i cant be on untill 8pm though damn work.
 Remora.Rhinok
Server: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-04-24 12:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to do this fight 1st time with no problem at all.
Tavnazian taco, 2yagudo drinks and 5 Hi-potions and an icarus wing
Ran in Used sentinal so id have it ready to use later on in the fight incase it drew on, Opened up with a Vorpal blade and just outlasted him, fight took about 4minutes, he never even WS a single time, just used maat bash like 5-6 times.
Sounds like ur just having unbelievably bad luck :/

I even got 7 Skill ups during the fight also
Amazed how easy it was as i forgot to use protect IV before i rushed in
 Bahamut.Calyxx
By Bahamut.Calyxx 2009-04-24 12:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

guess ill cap it then lol was hopeing someone would say didnt have to lol thanks for the input you all =)
 Bahamut.Ragnell
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-24 12:05:56

Calyxx said:
lol yes if your on tonn. want a skill up party ?? at the tree. i cant be on untill 8pm though damn work.

Yea but I'll have to leave around 9:30 eastern to get ready for 10k loss in EXP, I mean dynamis, so about 90 mins skills should cap my enfeeb aleast
 Bahamut.Calyxx
By Bahamut.Calyxx 2009-04-24 12:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

if anyone want to skill up with me at the b. tree (cant spell it) illl be on at 8pm central time send me /tell please Assist lol
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-24 12:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnell said:

RDM Maat is just Sleep Nuke Sleep Nuke Sleep Nuke.

Just remember to buff yourself and be ready because he will resist sleep at least once, make sure you have bind ready. I have done the fight for other people at 70 to break their limit and I have been 2/3. I would have been 3/3 if I had Chainspelled and nuked to my hearts content earlier.
 Diabolos.Aphy
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-24 12:07:56

Ragnell said:

Yes you go in like that u will fail. Trust me I was 1/5 rdm maat and he sucks balls! My suggestion, dont worry too much on elemental damage, ur damage will be fine as long as u dont nuke under 100 lol. Focus on an Enfeebling set. This is because sleep is affected by enfeeb, so is gravity and bind which you use alot more often and frequent than nuking. Whenever I got screwed it was because my sleep didnt stick, or my bind wore or grav was resisted, it was always an enfeeb issue.
Get urself some yag drinks, some enfeeb gear if u can (spider torque or enfeeb torque) and you should have a somewhat easier time.
 Bahamut.Ragnell
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-24 12:09:23

Aphy said:
Ragnell said:

Yes you go in like that u will fail. Trust me I was 1/5 rdm maat and he sucks balls! My suggestion, dont worry too much on elemental damage, ur damage will be fine as long as u dont nuke under 100 lol. Focus on an Enfeebling set. This is because sleep is affected by enfeeb, so is gravity and bind which you use alot more often and frequent than nuking. Whenever I got screwed it was because my sleep didnt stick, or my bind wore or grav was resisted, it was always an enfeeb issue.
Get urself some yag drinks, some enfeeb gear if u can (spider torque or enfeeb torque) and you should have a somewhat easier time.

There is a Enfeeb torque in that item setup
and I'm bringing Hi potions and yags and 2 stacks of Mulsum
 Bahamut.Calyxx
By Bahamut.Calyxx 2009-04-24 12:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol cant wait for dynamis j/k not looking forward to dieing that much. watched my friends die so much doing it but got some cool stuff eventually
but ill be skillin up so send me a /tell or ill see if i can send you one till laterz =)
 Hades.Feix
Server: Hades
user: DartX
By Hades.Feix 2009-04-24 12:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to beat pld maat with only a taco and 2 yag drinks, but I'm lucky and haven't ever been hit with Asuran Fists by him, and I've fought him 10x 3 pld 3 war 2 sam 1 drg 1 nin. I did them for fun :P but yea I guess I get lucky w/ the WS thing
 Bahamut.Ragnell
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-24 12:10:22

Icon said:
Ragnell said:

RDM Maat is just Sleep Nuke Sleep Nuke Sleep Nuke.

Just remember to buff yourself and be ready because he will resist sleep at least once, make sure you have bind ready. I have done the fight for other people at 70 to break their limit and I have been 2/3. I would have been 3/3 if I had Chainspelled and nuked to my hearts content earlier.

At what percent should I Chainspell and blast away?
 Diabolos.Aphy
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-24 12:10:55

oh duh sry I was looking at what u already put on as equipment, not off to the side. Yeah I never used hi potions but the yag drinks are amazing!

Chainspell nuke at 50%
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-24 12:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

And overall there is some level of luck to Maat. I went back and did NIN once that hit 75 (i broke on BLM). I was going really well and got Maat to about 50% when he did the impossible.

1) Starts casting Raiton:Ni
2) Readies Asuran Fists
3) Uses Mijin Gakure
4) Mijin Gakure deals a boat load of damage to Icon
5) Asuran Fist hit Icon for more than a boat load
6) Raiton: Ni Icon take a pin ***.
7) Icon dies.

It all too about 5 seconds to go from owning to dead and absolutely nothing I could do about it. He chose the perfect second once my first set of shadows went down.
 Bahamut.Ragnell
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-24 12:12:39

I'll use the Hi potions for convert if Chainspell doesnt finish him off, i'll need HP and rebuffs for him to aleast take one AF
First Page 2