users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Help deciding on ACP body piece
Help deciding on ACP body piece
 Valefor.Yelsaewnor
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Yelsaewnor 2009-04-24 09:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... I beat the crystal yesterday but I still haven't decided which piece to get.

I would either like

a mage piece for BLM which I am leveling next (and possibly for BRD and WHM also which I already have) Somewhat tempted by a Fast Cast piece for BLM WHM and BRD since I do not have one yet. Have been told that for BLM it would not be helpful though.

or

a TP piece for DNC (and THF?) Currently TP in Rapparee Harness on both.

So I've been thinking either MAB + MAcc or MAcc + Fast Cast for mage piece..
or Dual wield + acc for DNC TP piece. Does anyone have any opinons regarding which would be better? Or some other piece that would work better than these for the jobs I mentioned?
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-24 09:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Which job do you use the most that is lacking in gear? For example, until last night (got my Togi!) my MNK was still wearing SH so I was going to get something to make up for that until I got something better. Now I'm gonna get Mirke for THF DW/ACC for TPing.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-24 09:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh, it's touch and go to use an ACP piece on BLM. People would likely go with the MAB and the Fast Cast. As a BLM, Fast Cast is iffy to begin with, so that's being left out.

supposedly, 2 INT makes 1 MAB, so it's be like getting 7.5 MAB, without the Conserve MP of a Weskit. Conserve MP can't be merited, and although kinda sucks when you want it is more useful than people give it credit for.

That being said, it does sound like a good thing to use /SCH, when MP is less of an issue. But again, you pull hate /SCH, you're dying. xD
 Valefor.Yelsaewnor
By Valefor.Yelsaewnor 2009-04-24 09:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My MNK is brand new, don't have Togi yet but I have Osode.

Just got THF hands 2 days ago so I'll be using THF more and its not that well geared.

Using Osode full time on BRD currently, don't have song duration - gear.

Don't really use DNC much... though I would love to.

I use WHM a fair amount but I'm not sure how much a macroed fast cast piece would help.

Don't have BLM yet, was just wondering about the eventual usefulness of a body I could make... since I will not have a genie weskit for a long time.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-24 09:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally, you'll have better pieces for whm/blm/brd. Sure, they may be a bit expensive (manteel), but they pwn the ACP stuff. Whm has Noble's, Blessed, and AF2. Blm has weskit. Brd has manteel and yigit.

While you won't really see any benefit in terms of tp speed with DW+3 over Haste+3%, the acc+10 is nice. You could also go acc/atk+10 for a WS piece if you don't have something better.
 Valefor.Yelsaewnor
By Valefor.Yelsaewnor 2009-04-24 09:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I would be best off staying away from the mage one?
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-24 09:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In fact, you'll LOSE TP for replacing DW+3 with Haste +3%. Unless it was fixed without me knowing and Haste does it too, more Dual Wield lowers overall delay...meaning overall TP return is lowered as well. Haste speeds up all movement and does nothing to actual delay, so TP stays the same.
 Valefor.Yelsaewnor
By Valefor.Yelsaewnor 2009-04-24 09:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have thoughts on the best augment to pair with ACC for a TP piece for THF DNC (or MNK)?

Would ACC and double attack (or crit) help all of them? Or would I be better off leaving MNK out and going for dual wield and acc?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-24 09:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the lower delay lowers tp per hit, however... You swing slightly faster with dw+3 than haste+3%. The only thing here is haste+3% doesn't lower tp per hit, so you'll reach 100% ~ the same time with each.

Yeah, I'd stay away from the mage piece if it were me with those jobs. You'll most likely get more benefit from the melee piece.

I'd go acc/atk tbh. If you need the acc, you get 10 atk 5 str/dex/agi over SH. The stats will also help with multi-hit ws's. And unless you have a Shura Togi, you'll get more benefit over Osode for Asuran.
 Valefor.Yelsaewnor
By Valefor.Yelsaewnor 2009-04-24 09:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That definately makes sense from the persective of MNK. And if haste off Rapparee and DW+3 will equal about the same TP gain then it may be best for THF and DNC as well. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. ^.^
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-24 10:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tl;dr, didn't read it all, but (And this is important) if you're EVER going to level RNG, go Mirke body with Snapshot and Ranged Attack. It's the absolute best body piece for RNG TPing, and one of the best for WS if you don't have Osode.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-24 10:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For your jobs Blm/Brd have other choices that are either better than ACP or almost the same that are cheap and easy to get.

For your melee Thf/Dnc/Mnk if you are only using Rappa and Osode then you would upgrade a F---ton with ACP. Making a dnc/thf/mnk hauby would by far be the best choice since you'd use it over all 3 jobs. Acc+10/Att+10 Mirke imo would be the way to go for you.

Edit breaking down each of your jobs and what you currently use vs ACP.

Blm - You said that its up and coming but we can assume that you will be using NQ weskit. ACP +4Macc/+4Mab is slightly better than NQ weskit but not as good as Genie as a nuking body. The upgrade is very slight though and unless you were a heavily nuking Rdm or Blm main with very limited funds I would not go this route. Now, going with 4Macc/4FC is the second best drain/aspir body you can get behind Nashira. I would suggest this body to Blm main who already have Genie but lack Nashira and don't have another job that would benefit from the ACP body.

Brd - You are currently using Osode on brd which for debuffs is perfectly fine. ACP body with 4Macc/4FC for Brd is like a really weak manteel. I would still debuff in osode since body is an easy place to pick up Chr to get up to 120 and the FC doesn't help debuffs at all. Assaults are just too easy to do, to pick up a Yigit body which is much better for merits than ACP.

Thf - You are currently using Rapa for all situations, which TBH is pretty bad. Unless your on TW / casting shadows / attacking a mob with feint on, thf needs to be in an ACC body. I would say that 10Acc/3DW would be the best TP body for thf, but using 10Acc/10Att also makes the ACP a very good WS/SATA body behind Ant harness.

Dnc - See above ^

Mnk - Using osode is okish but ACP haub is much much much better. Better than NQ togi imo. Only things I would take over ACP haub for mnk would be Togi+1 (maybe), Usukane (with full set), Hachiryu (lolPW). It beats togi for the same reasons that Sam and Nin use Haub over Togi.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-24 10:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Tl;dr, didn't read it all, but (And this is important) if you're EVER going to level RNG, go Mirke body with Snapshot and Ranged Attack. It's the absolute best body piece for RNG TPing, and one of the best for WS if you don't have Osode.

Yeah, but that doesn't help them with the jobs they have now. And they can always switch later. :P
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-04-24 10:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yelsaewnor said:
Anyone have thoughts on the best augment to pair with ACC for a TP piece for THF DNC (or MNK)?

Would ACC and double attack (or crit) help all of them? Or would I be better off leaving MNK out and going for dual wield and acc?

I pulled this post from the Alla THF board. They've analyzed the hell out of the Mirke.

Full Thread (click on the link in the 3rd post for the 3-page thread made after the ACP body announcement):

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=10;mid=123947562152691104;num=43;page=1

Posted by Banality:

As melph has said, the two best options for DD is by far and away Acc+atk or Acc+DW.

Hauby (or as i saw it in the war boards, "Augy" I like it!)

Pro/con
Haub version is great for TP and WS and will serve as an EXCELLENT full time piece for ANY combination of SA/TA/WS and TP. If this is the only body piece you own on thf for hurting things, it wont be gimp. At all. Really. I mean it.

+The 5str makes up for the 1 dex/agi on DH for SA/TA and adds 2.5 atk over it.

+It does more DoT for melee than anything except Homam and Acc/DW mirke.

+It WS better than HH for multi hits and equivalent or better than NQ DH for SB/Man stab.

-However, It is behind skadi for multi hit WS. Behind DH+1 for SA/TA and SB/Man stab. Behind Denali body for TA. Behind Homam/Acc+DW mirke for TP. If you have skadi, homam, DH+1 etc, the only way you will get more DD potential out of mirke is Acc+DW as a TP piece.

Homam+1 version (Acc/DW)
Fortunately the -3% DW does NOT lower TP/hit on blau/sirocco with suppa. Going from 20% DW to 23% DW is the EXACT same bonus as going from 20% haste to 23% haste (3.9%). Since it doesnt lower TP gain, you just swing faster for the same TP. Also most endgame Thf setups will have 18-22% haste depending on rap and dusk vs homam. So imagining a body piece that goes from 20-23% haste is an easy reference. So, for the doubting toms, it might be better to conceptually "think" about it as Str+5/Dex+5/Agi+5/acc+10/Haste+3%. It seems haste makes a bigger impact on our peoples psyche these days and therefore will stop putting DW on the same level as the DA or crit. It isnt.

DW however does NOT stack with normal haste, so it doesnt multiply with buffs in the same increasing returns way that "real" haste would. It will ALWAYS be 20-23% with a suppa. (3.9% increase in damage/TP gain)

3% DW will forever be 3.9% increase in attack/TP speed for us /nin. 2% DA doesnt compete unless 2 is higher than 3.9 in your math world. Same with crits. For straight up damage, Str+5/Dex+5/Agi+5/acc+10/ and attacking 3.9% faster will beat the snot outta any other option when acc isnt capped. When it is, Rap>everything as always.

Edit: If you DONT have a Suppa for whatever reason it is a 3.66% increase instead of 3.9%. Still enough to digitally crush things like 2% DA, 3% crit etc.

My 2c. If you have homam/skadi/DH+1/Denali/Rap etc (basically already have everything) then you should get acc+DW because you have superior gear for individual actions if you macro correctly.

"but what about /war, /dnc, /rng, /drk etc!" For those you already have homam for tp and other stuff for SA/TA/WS. Haub will only be 1 step behind or virtually identical to what you already have. So yes get it just for /nin as it wont offer anything else to dagger/shield.

If you DONT have the uber WS pieces (Skadi and DH+1) you will likely be better off DD wise with haub mirke. It will WS better than any other gear. If you ALSO dont have homam, you can TP in it for excellent, near-homam results.

What I would do and the math supports when looking STRICTLY at a DD body.
*endgame thf with everything, Acc+DW because its all you can do thats better.
*Thf without everything, Haub will cover ALL your bases.

~~~~~~~

Basically, what Frobeus posted is right on. I just wanted to throw some more information at you from the THF perspective, although as has already been mentioned, the Hauby Mirke is also one helluva nice pice for MNK as well. Depending on how you augment the Mirke, you can make a strong piece for THF and DNC (Acc/DW) or THF and MNK (Acc/Atk).
 Leviathan.Syla
Server: Leviathan
user: Syla
By Leviathan.Syla 2009-04-24 11:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I'm going to do Acc+10 and Double Attack +2 for my MNK. I don't yet have a togi but am hoping to get one soon but I was thinking that both Acc and Double Attack would be great for a tp build since a Brutal Earring is the only other item a MNK can wear that has Double Attack (aside from being /WAR or having Shenlong's Baghnakhs ). It would also be really useful as a Hundred Fists zerging piece. Acc+10 is great for any zerg situation and the Double Attack increases your chances to have multiple attacks per round that stacks w/ Faith Baghnakhs. It doesn't have that much HP for a /DRK style zerg but as a galka I'm not terribly worried about that. Faith Baghnakhs, Brutal Earring, and Mirke w/ Double Attack is full of win for both /WAR and /DRK zergs imo. I also think it'd be a great WS piece for NIN since they're /WAR most the time anyway. It doesn't have the Atk+10 of a hauby but you should proc Double Attacks more often during Blade: Jin which is always nice. Even though Double Attack isn't something to be relied upon it is very nice when it does happen to proc especially during a WS.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-24 11:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Syla said:
Personally I'm going to do Acc+10 and Double Attack +2 for my MNK. I don't yet have a togi but am hoping to get one soon but I was thinking that both Acc and Double Attack would be great for a tp build since a Brutal Earring is the only other item a MNK can wear that has Double Attack (aside from being /WAR or having Shenlong's Baghnakhs ). It would also be really useful as a Hundred Fists zerging piece. Acc+10 is great for any zerg situation and the Double Attack increases your chances to have multiple attacks per round that stacks w/ Faith Baghnakhs. It doesn't have that much HP for a /DRK style zerg but as a galka I'm not terribly worried about that. Faith Baghnakhs, Brutal Earring, and Mirke w/ Double Attack is full of win for both /WAR and /DRK zergs imo. I also think it'd be a great WS piece for NIN since they're /WAR most the time anyway. It doesn't have the Atk+10 of a hauby but you should proc Double Attacks more often during Blade: Jin which is always nice. Even though Double Attack isn't something to be relied upon it is very nice when it does happen to proc especially during a WS.

Go with ACC/ATT. 2% DA is not going to add up.
 Valefor.Yelsaewnor
By Valefor.Yelsaewnor 2009-04-24 15:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious.... purely from the perspective of DNC gaining TP is dual wield still better than double attack? I know that dual wield would result in more damage than double attack but I am wondering if there is potential for a good TP gaining piece for DNC if I were to get ACC and DA.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-24 15:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yelsaewnor said:
Just curious.... purely from the perspective of DNC gaining TP is dual wield still better than double attack? I know that dual wield would result in more damage than double attack but I am wondering if there is potential for a good TP gaining piece for DNC if I were to get ACC and DA.

Personally, I'm gonna be going Accuracy +10, Store TP/Subtle BLow +4 for my DNC. I asked in another thread about DA over STP, and I was told that the DA proc rate doesn't return as much TP as the STP will. Don't have the math in front of me, but it was sound...
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-24 16:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I chose this with dual wield and double attack, for THF, but it was also ok piece to TP in with NIN as well.

User submitted image

but really isnt a big deal, from what i understand you can change it if you're not happy. just have to redo last fight iirc