[Dev] TH9 Vs TH10, What's Better?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » [Dev] TH9 vs TH10, What's Better?
[Dev] TH9 vs TH10, What's Better?
First Page 2
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-06 11:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This is kinda on the borderline of why did I post this, but I've always heard from people that TH9 is better than TH10.

10-06-2011 12:55 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Our Community Team counterpart over in Japan, Mocchi, with the aid of the QA team, decided it was time to do his own kind of Myth Busters, FFXI style to determine if the myth about the drop rate of Treasure Hunter 10 being worse than Treasure Hunter 9 was true or not.

They headed out to Mount Zhayolm to slay 1000 Sulphuric Jagils. 500 with Treasure Hunter 9 and an additional 500 with Treasure Hunter 10.

So was it true…or is this just another myth that got busted?

1. Is the Treasure Hunter effect really getting stronger like it should?
    When the Treasure Hunter effect increased, we checked not only the message displayed, but the actual values that were originally set and found that it was increasing like it should.

2. TH9 vs. TH10
    Since it would take a ridiculous amount of time to test this by manually increasing the Treasure Hunter effect to 9 or 10 via attacks and what not, we prepared special equipment that gave us Treasure Hunter+9 and Treasure Hunter+10 and tested it on MNK/WHM, removing all the other equipment. As a result of our testing, we determined that we got more Pugil Scales with Treasure Hunter 10.

※This is a screenshot from actual testing.

While we don’t want to be the destroyers of anyone’s dreams, let us know if there are any other FFXI myths you would like busted

Anyways I thought that was a little interesting. Nothing really news worthy but interesting /o/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-10-06 11:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

But why go to Ru, which is no longer other than you believe?

But really, already my ads are now in Japanese. Amazing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2011-10-06 11:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

10 turned out to be better than 9?

Who would've imagined.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-10-06 11:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the general consensus was Koki > all?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-06 11:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said: »
10 turned out to be better than 9?

Who would've imagined.
You would think so, but it is one of the highest ratted dev post in months and it has only been out for 4 hours.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-06 11:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes please test this on rare drops and seals. :D
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-06 12:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

no weeaboos on this forums?
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-10-06 12:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What I want to see the devs do is test TH2 vs. Higher TH levels (as players have already done) to show that anything above 2 is pretty much garbage. Maybe they would see that the additional TH from MAINING thf isn't an overpowering factor of the job.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-06 12:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
it's too bad we can't have someone kill 1000 mobs with th1, 1000 with th2 th3 th4 etc and see the results of each percentage wise to see if they actually slightly go up with each

on average I hear some people claim 2 is the most or 7 and now 9? oh lord lol
There's been some testing on various forums. Droprates do increase, it's just a very small increase for any level beyond TH2.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-06 12:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Camate already translated the whole thing, damn lol.

Will post in a sec.

Okie, OP updated
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-06 13:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the mythbusters twist he put into it lol
[+]
 Shiva.Gihzah
user: Gihzah
By Shiva.Gihzah 2011-10-06 13:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just going to leave this here. (Rather old testing)

Testing one.

Testing two.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-10-06 18:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Could just be me imagining things. but i thought TH1/2 Worked differently then the rest.

That being they are a much higher improvement. Guess it really does not matter much, Just, they'd technically be testing TH11 vs TH12... Since they're testing straight TH+1 values.

So they'd need to test TH7 VS TH8 to see if those values were skewed.

IDK. Doesn't matter. Testing was nice. at least they semi-confirmed they can view the formula for TH here:

[quote}but the actual values that were originally set and found that it was increasing like it should.[/quote]

Unless im reading this in the wrong context
 Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce 2011-10-06 18:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I lol'd because I've been watching MythBusters all week.
[+]
 Leviathan.Laphine
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Laphine 2011-10-06 19:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

silly test imo. The real issue is on the THIII trait. It seems to be working like a gear/proc boost, which is completely unreasonable (it really should work like THI and THII). This is among the reasons people started settling for /THF.
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-10-06 21:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I read somewhere (and therefore used to believe) that TH was an "extra roll", and so if a drop had 10% drop rate, you'd have 2 "rolls" to determine if you would get it, thus making it a 20% drop rate (a 100% increase from no TH -> TH1)

Regardless, the testing linked in this thread essentially shows the same correlation with theoretical drop rate/increase I was convinced to believe...

TH Drop rate Increased DR %
0 10% X
2 20% 100%
3 30% 50%
4 40% 33.333%
5 50% 25%
6 60% 20%
7 70% 16.666%

So each level of TH after 1 would become less effective, and stop being effective once the rate hits "100%"
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-10-06 22:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if TH were "rolls," it wouldn't work that way >_> You don't add the chances, you have to multiple the chances of it not dropping and subtract that from 100. And this in itself ensures that drop rate will never reach, as you say "100%."

And it wouldn't really be surprising if it was decreasing returns.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Veruna
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2011-11-18 12:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What they didn't show us, was how many 'scales' they got while testing. For all we know it could have been..

TH9 - 345 Scales
TH10- 346 Scales.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-18 12:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Where he says "let us know if you want any other myths busted"

Tell me if capping blue just makes more logs and ore drop :|
[+]
 Leviathan.Jihiro
Server: Leviathan
user: Jihiro
By Leviathan.Jihiro 2011-12-14 10:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Testing over hundreds(thousands) of +2 drops and empyrean, I concluded that TH6 is the best.

The consistency of receiving full monster drop table and/or receive multiple drops of on particular item is in favor of TH6. TH6 is the magical number.

Under TH6, there is a noticeable scaling to drop rate as one would expect. As you progress up the TH levels, drop rates increase and returns get higher.

Over TH6 there are significantly diminishing returns. The drop rate for multiple items of the same type is lower and the likelihood of complete monster drops happening is lower as well.

I noticed this after doing many empyrean NM runs and farming many +2 items and began recording down my findings and was quite shocked at the immense drop rate fall between TH6 and TH7+.

I have the excel sheet somewhere, need to find it. Will post it when I find it.

One thing to note, though: as a THF, I have never ever been able to proc TH9 or higher normally (with brew you can proc to TH10 easily). I have done countless long battles (45mins+) while applying the appropriate SA and TA with AF3+2 gloves and can only get TH8.

Expect to be shocked at TH6 vs TH7/8 when I find that excel!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-14 10:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Due to extensive research done by the Fourchon University of Science, diamond has been confirmed as the the hardest metal known the man. The research is as follows.

Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed.

They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an out into the wall, and the wall came out fine.

They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors.

They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond travelling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours.

They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards midwestern Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour.

They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused two wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with two buildings in downtown New York.

They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive.

Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall travelling at miles, and the result proved without a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known the man.
[+]
 Shiva.Damonz
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2011-12-14 11:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Due to extensive research done by the Fourchon University of Science, diamond has been confirmed as the the hardest metal known the man. The research is as follows.

Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed.

They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an out into the wall, and the wall came out fine.

They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors.

They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond travelling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours.

They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards midwestern Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour.

They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused two wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with two buildings in downtown New York.

They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive.

Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall travelling at miles, and the result proved without a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known the man.
This
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-12-14 11:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

All these testings are fine and all, but Hollywood already gave us the answer. 1 movie, 4 sequels and Th1000 is always the cool one to have around in pty.
 Bismarck.Upgrayedd
By Bismarck.Upgrayedd 2011-12-14 11:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO more testing please!
By oncura 2011-12-14 11:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

....+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1......
By AsuraVanzan 2011-12-14 11:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You win!! I love this.
 Carbuncle.Luckyy
Server: Carbuncle
user: Luckyy
By Carbuncle.Luckyy 2011-12-14 11:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So what is the limit for TH to be procted? I have seen TH12 done 2 times on the NM crab in Jugner, and that resulted in 2 V-Belts dropping out of 3 fights.
[+]
 Bismarck.Upgrayedd
By Bismarck.Upgrayedd 2011-12-14 12:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if the Fourchon University of Science can conduct such experiments using Diamondium or Diamondillium.
First Page 2