Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I currently have;

Aceso's Choker -15%
Cure Clogs -10%
AF3 +1 Legs -8%
Loquac. Earring -2%
SubJob /RDM Fast Cast Trait -15%

It makes total of -50% cure cast speed. I hear that cure cast speed caps at -80%. Is it true? If I merit whm cure cast speed, will I get -70% or caps at -50% with no benefit from merits? Please assist on this subject if you have tested already.

Thank you,
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-10-03 10:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Rihoko said: »
Hello,

I currently have;

Aceso's Choker -15%
Cure Clogs -10%
AF3 +1 Legs -8%
Loquac. Earring -2%

It makes total of -50% cure cast speed. I hear that cure cast speed caps at -80%. Is it true? If I merit whm cure cast speed, will I get -70% or caps at -50% with no benefit from merits? Please assist on this subject if you have tested already.

Thank you,

As far as I know you'd get the benefit of the merits.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-10-03 10:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about it being 80% (new to me, thought it would be 50% like most things).

But you are forgetting the spell Haste for 15% and Goading Belt for 5% (if WHM use it that is).
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2011-10-03 10:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste has an affect on recast times. It does not affect cure or any other spell cast speed times.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-03 10:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cap was raised a couple updates ago, 80% is correct.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-10-03 10:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

lolwut

Edit: I wonder if SE will increase the haste cap as well (unlikely but can dream).
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-10-03 10:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure Cast Time merits stack with all other Cure Cast time sources.

And yes, Goading Belt is all jobs, so a WHM could use it as part of a Haste set.
 Siren.Shinshi
Server: Siren
user: Shinshi
By Siren.Shinshi 2011-10-03 10:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The fast cast cap got raised to 80% a while ago, yea.

Also merits are really good because sometimes, if you have a lot of lag, your gear might not swap fast enough.

Light arts from /SCH would give 10% fast cast.
An obtainable other 5% come from the Orison Locket, and
not as easy to obtain, but Anhur Robe suposedly gives 10% :( but yea Voidwatch... -.-
[+]
 Cerberus.Caylene
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-10-14 12:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Rihoko said: »
Hello,

I currently have;

Aceso's Choker -15%
Cure Clogs -10%
AF3 +1 Legs -8%
Loquac. Earring -2%

Thank you,

I've read that the current cap is 80% on cure cast.

Goading belt or any other haste gear will not help with casting times. I'm sorry that people still think this. ><

Here's my cure cast set- I'd like to get my hands on a few more pieces (winged wand for one, since I use tefnut to cure), although the winged wand alone, assuming the prolix ring is the same as the loq earring, would put me at the cap.

This is my setup, and puts me at 78%- assuming the prolix ring is 2%, and with full cure cast time merits, and using /rdm.

15- feet
12- legs
10- neck
2- ammo
2- earring
2- ring
15- /rdm
20- merits
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 13:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemTotal Percentage
12%

Upgrade your surya's for curing to +3, that way you can macro between the two.
27%
39%
54%
Cure Cast Time Merits (20%)74%
Sub Job Fast Cast (10%-15%)84%-89%

Only thing that would be difficult to get is the body, there are other options though:

5% Fast Cast/Cast Time
10% Fast Cast/Cast Time
12% Fast Cast/Cast Time

Obviously any of these bodies can work, just anything under 12% (if your /sch, /rdm doesn't need a body and you'll just need 6% to cap, although a body would be much easier) you'll want to add another fast cast piece to reach 80%. You can choose Aceso's Choker and overshoot it, or something like Loquac. Earring or Incantor Stone if you just need 2%.

Anything under 10% though I would just suggest using an Aceso's Choker if you can afford one/find one.

Keeping your precast pieces (your fast cast) to a minimum is important, so you have enough time to equip what ever is during your midcast (in this case, your cure equipment).

Something you should remember though: Cast time equipment does the same thing as fast cast EXCEPT it doesn't reduce the recast time. The only problem here is you need to have fast cast equipment on during midcast to get the -recast.

White Mage has very heavy cast time pieces, so your recast won't be the same as if you used fast cast. I'm not saying don't use -cast time pieces, but just keep it in mind. Also, on fast cast equipment the recast time is half the fast cast. For example if you have a 2% fast cast earring, you'd have a 1% recast earring as well. That is the difference between the two, and the power that goes with fast cast.

Light arts is not fast cast, but it lowers each equally 10% so it acts like it. Red Mage sub however gives 15% fast cast (~7.5% recast, which I think would round down to 7% but I'm not sure). Depending on the White Mage you may, or may not have a full set of equipment for cures and in fact might have fast cast equipment still on during your midcast, in which case you would have -recast time. You may not, so if you do replace these pieces ultimately fast cast and -cast time is the same.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-14 14:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice post, but I think its broked Kalila D;

Stretches the page really far, or at least on my screen it does <.<
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 14:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

which part? >.>; send me a PM lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 14:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Broked on firefox >.> sec
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-14 14:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

D;
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 14:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> it was 500px%... so 500% of the screen >.>
[+]
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2011-10-18 13:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Minor detail regarding /sch -- From the testing I've seen, Light Arts (including Celerity) is multiplicative with other fast cast options, not additive.

So, for Kalilla's 4-piece set of 74% cast time reduction, adding Light Arts would put you at 76.6%, whereas /rdm's Fast Cast trait would put you at 89% (capped to 80%).

Essentially, you'll need 78% Fast Cast combined with Light Arts to reach the cast time cap. Subbing /rdm, you only need 65% (45% from gear, assuming 20% from merits).

For /rdm with merits: Clogs+AF3 pants+Heka body+Loquacious would put you at 44%; or Clogs+AF3 pants+Orison Locket+Loquacious+staff for 46%; etc. Fairly easy, regardless.

For /sch with merits, you need 58% in gear. Excluding Heka body, it's doable with: Clogs+AF3 pants+staff+Aceso's+Incantor+Loquacious+5% body. Higher tier bodies give you room to mess with other options.
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Server: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2011-10-18 14:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

While I guess its possible because I've never tested it myself, I find the "light arts" being multiplicative with other fastcast options a bit off. Seeing as SCH doesn't have any natural fast cast, if a SCH were to use /whm, then it would have been noted by now fairly confidently that it wasn't 10% fastcast. Just my 2 cents

edit*: Also, /blm doesn't give fastcast, or Elemental Celerity (as its for BLM50) so if any SCH decided to use any sub but rdm, they would have noticed if the 10% fastcast theory was off. (using dark arts in this situation though)

edit**: Unless of course, Light Arts / Dark Arts simply gave -10 Magic Casting Time for appropriate spells, not affecting the recast. But again, with how long SCH has been out now, it would have been noted somewhere on a much more grand scale.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2011-10-18 14:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Unless of course, Light Arts / Dark Arts simply gave -10 Magic Casting Time for appropriate spells, not affecting the recast.

Arts gives both -10% cast time and -10% recast time.

The recast has been definitively tested as being multiplicative; the fast cast aspect has been tentatively tested; unless definitively countered (which has not yet been the case), it can be expected to follow the same rules as the recast.
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Server: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2011-10-18 15:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just dont think it makes much sense for SE to do that, as SCH/WHM or SCH/BLM, using your testing" wouldnt even notice an effect, as they have no fastcast outside of gear for the JA to be multiplicative to
 Kujata.Savain
Server: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-10-18 15:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question now is, how exactly would one macro this or stick it into spellcast to have all of the casting time actually work? I couldn't get spellcast to switch my gear fast enough for /sch, cure clogs, +2 legs, jeweled collar with +3 (switching to orison in cure set), veela, & loquac (with 5/5 merits).
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-18 15:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really sure what your talking about "multiplicative", but then again I'm doing the halloween event so I'm not focusing on reading much >.>
 Leviathan.Yogurt
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Yogurt 2011-10-18 16:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Savain said: »
The real question now is, how exactly would one macro this or stick it into spellcast to have all of the casting time actually work? I couldn't get spellcast to switch my gear fast enough for /sch, cure clogs, +2 legs, jeweled collar with +3 (switching to orison in cure set), veela, & loquac (with 5/5 merits).
Code
<if skill="healingmagic">
    <if notspell="raise*¦*na">
        <equip when="precast" set="curecast"/>
    </if>
</if>

(Taken from Aikar's spellcast.)
If your having problems you can add <precastdelay=".2"> or some value before the equip line.
ninja edit: syntax correction.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-18 16:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, you can delay the precast to allow time to equip gear before you start casting.

Warning though, if you switch targets before it starts casting it will cast on your new target.

Unless of course you typed it in manually to include the target you want.

so if you use <t>, <st>, <stpc>, <stpt>, <stal> or anything like that and you move your target before it starts casting it will mess up.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2011-10-19 00:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Savain said:

For your particular case (54% total fast cast, plus Light Arts, which should put total cast time at ~1 second), most likely you want to increase your midcast time rather than decrease it (just a guess based on how people usually try to solve this issue). If time between gear changes is less than half a second, things get wonky. I set mine for a midcast time of 0.6 seconds and it works fine (I likewise have 56% in gear/merits).

For the case of maximized fast cast (assuming 80%), that puts cast time at 0.5 seconds, which makes the gear swapping very difficult. I don't have a 'real' answer, but most likely you want to put as much of your regular cure gear on as possible during precast and hope for the best on midcast.

Kalilla said:
I'm not really sure what your talking about "multiplicative", but then again I'm doing the halloween event so I'm not focusing on reading much >.>

Multiplicative is when you multiply the two reductions together. 20% of reduction A and 20% of reduction B would have a net effect of (1-20%)*(1-20%) = 64%.

Additive is when the values add together before multiplying. 20% of reduction A and 20% of reduction B would be 40% total, leading to a final value of (1-40%) = 60%.

And because this is a complicated, incompletely understood issue, I'm going back and doing some testing of my own for better answers.
 Cerberus.Caylene
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-10-19 07:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
And because this is a complicated, incompletely understood issue, I'm going back and doing some testing of my own for better answers.

I've been working through this as well. I'd love to see your results, although I'm also wondering if this will end up being a "to each his own" sort of issue, since we all have different kinds of computers and internet connection speeds...so what might be .4 for one, might be .5/.6 for someone else...

ETA: If SCH fast cast really is multiplicative...def. gives me things to think about.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-01-01 07:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Minor detail regarding /sch -- From the testing I've seen, Light Arts (including Celerity) is multiplicative with other fast cast options, not additive.

So, for Kalilla's 4-piece set of 74% cast time reduction, adding Light Arts would put you at 76.6%, whereas /rdm's Fast Cast trait would put you at 89% (capped to 80%).

Essentially, you'll need 78% Fast Cast combined with Light Arts to reach the cast time cap. Subbing /rdm, you only need 65% (45% from gear, assuming 20% from merits).

For /rdm with merits: Clogs+AF3 pants+Heka body+Loquacious would put you at 44%; or Clogs+AF3 pants+Orison Locket+Loquacious+staff for 46%; etc. Fairly easy, regardless.

For /sch with merits, you need 58% in gear. Excluding Heka body, it's doable with: Clogs+AF3 pants+staff+Aceso's+Incantor+Loquacious+5% body. Higher tier bodies give you room to mess with other options.

Hmm, this is interesting info. Somehow I missed this post when I was reading the page. ><;

Anyone know what my cast time would be at with the multiplicative Fast Cast with these sets? Just wondering is possibly I might have a little too much and need to tweak down a bit.

I assumed this one was 72% casting time with /sch but I was counting fast cast as the same as cure cast. ie: 2% on Prolix Ring assumed to be 2% cure casting time.

This one was assumed to be 80% fast cast going by the same rules as above(actually 82%,I believe), but I just left it as is.

Any help would be appreciated, trying to fine tune this, and if by this multiplicative fast cast thing, I have too much, it means maybe I might possibly have more room for others things.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kimora
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kimmy
By Quetzalcoatl.Kimora 2012-01-01 09:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

When casting time reduction limit was 50%, white and black grimoire allowed you to break that cap, so a WHM/SCH could cast cures at ~34% instead of 37%. With new limits, very hard to tell if it still does since spells cast so fast, but it is something to keep in mind.