Healing Skill Ups?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Healing skill ups?
Healing skill ups?
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-28 20:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hallowed Water, you need the key item that allows anima infusion to make it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-28 20:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

you act like everyone should know <.>;.............

never heard of it lol

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
Server: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-09-28 22:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
they made holy water +1 long ago which near always cures doom anyways. So if you're doing something important or low man, can just befriend a veteran alchemist

Bahamut.Gimpness said: »
first off :3 i was capped at 90 within a couple days of leveling my mule... so idunno what ya'll doing wrong :x... that and hasn't testing been done to show healing magic does pretty much nothing. As in we used to think it worked with cursna but now it's shown that it doesn't? just the *slight* impact on cures.
healing magic skill capped really helps a whm soloing or taking dmg, much lower chance of interruption and yeah other useless things like increased potency with cure nukes

oh, i guess that's true :3 cure tank go!
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-09-29 12:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

it took me forever to cap healing skill when abyssea came out. I think I went like 1-2 months being only on WHM where I didn't get a skill up (before the patch where they increased the chance of skill up)

I never bothered going out of my way to skill up the skill once besieged stop giving many skill ups because of our lvl. Some people have suggested going to Abyssea - Empyreal Paradox, getting refresh atmas and just casting cure over and over either using spellcast to do it automatically or doing it yourself. You don't ever run out of TE and you get the refresh atmas, although I've never tried it, by the time I heard about it I was capped.

Also about the invisible, I'm thought any spell casted while under invisible made invisible wear I would be surprised if just because it had no effect it didn't wear, anyone check this yet since it was mentioned? If so that's a pretty cool trick.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-09-29 12:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
My healing skill hasn't been capped since 75 and I play it everyday. Just FYI.

Yup, this.
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-09-29 12:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

healing skill ups have always been few and far between. before the level increase, i was capped at 90, now it will take a long while to be capped again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2011-09-29 13:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I capped mine from 361 to 396 in about...12ish hours total? I was constantly seeing .4 and .5 without skill up food, earring, kupowers, etc. The first wave was 361-372 in about 4-5 hours, the final 24 levels was overnight, which GREATLY surprised me.

The last time I did this with Healing and Enhancing, it took 3-4 days of each, with constant over night leveling and the last 2 levels took HOURS, it was ridiculous. The over all skill up rate has definitely improved, and if you choose to use the earring/food, you'll hopefully see yours cap even faster.

My trick was just refresh gear and Cure 1 spam on myself with a turbo controller on PS2 and for Enhancing, Barfire on RDM. This and Enhancing are the worst things to skill up, even more than Summoning skill, since the last update I was able to cap that just doing Diabolos Bloodpact spam on Bluffalo in a few hours.

Obviously if you don't play on PS2, Xbox or have a means to idle skill up, then yeah, this will be extremely slow. I never had much luck on skilling up on undead or the "no effect" method.

If you and your wife don't mind the PS2/Xbox method, rather, if you play on either, it's worth it, but if not, follow the advice of others here.

On a side note, I tried Enhancing for WHM and after a couple hours only got ONE level. I'm wondering if the formulas are different based on skill grade?
 Cerberus.Zaub
Server: Cerberus
user: Zaub
By Cerberus.Zaub 2011-09-29 13:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have found skilling up all magics and weaponskills significantly slower post 90. However, for healing specifically, would strongly recommend a couple of sessions against the skeletons in northern Abys-Attohwa (forget name and exact location, am at work, but you take the flux way at the top, cross the chasm, go thru tunnel and end up at bones camp). They only melee, don't cast, and are perfect for offensive heal/divine/enfeeb. Wear /nin and a little pdt- gear (I throw on Mounted Champion/MM/Allure just to make life super easy) and go to town (one at a time...). It has always been my understanding that healing skill faster when used offensively against undead (could be old wives' tale, but my experience seems to bear it out). Good luck.

Edit: post below reminded me: use Cure 1, pull the skele back in the tunnel. Takes maybe 20 minutes (or more) to kill it with cure 1. Dont use Surya's staff, wear an earth staff but dont engage.
[+]
 Shiva.Kewitt
Server: Shiva
user: ginger
By Shiva.Kewitt 2011-09-29 13:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The best way to skill up anything is to cast it on NPC.

For enhancing magic I was getting 5 levels on a level 8 besiege casting shell and protect.

For healing magic. Take her to a camp with undead... and just spam cure 1 you will get a lot more skill ups.

Also skill up food and ring help!
 Asura.Werdxi
Server: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2011-09-29 13:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

if you want healing magic skills ups. have a tank friend hold undead while you cure bomb it. you'd be surprised how fast your healing will go up. its how i do it every cap raise and it takes pretty low time compared to 8 hours of curing yourself afk
 Bahamut.Chanelee
user: Chanelee
By Bahamut.Chanelee 2011-09-29 14:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I had all magic skills (cept divine) capped at level 90. Atm I'm at 405 Healing Magic (which is innate skill + 4 merits and probably some idle gear in there too). Ive been getting a lot of skillups just from casting Reraise and spamming cure + na during Buhkis spam for my Gambanteinn. Seems like, for me anyway, skillups come often during spamga of Abyssea NMs or Voidwatch.
By Arthion 2011-09-29 14:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

//load autoexec
//autoexec register time_*.* cure
sleep
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
Server: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-09-29 15:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been under the impression that higher healing magic skill increases your interruption resist rate, which is great for (lol)PLD.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-29 15:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It does, but enemy level impacts the formula pretty severely. You're going to get interrupted regardless on pretty much anything VT+, certainly any serious NM.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-29 16:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Werdxi said: »
if you want healing magic skills ups. have a tank friend hold undead while you cure bomb it. you'd be surprised how fast your healing will go up. its how i do it every cap raise and it takes pretty low time compared to 8 hours of curing yourself afk

Or you could combine the idea of curing non-players and being AFK. Go to a GoV area with passive mobs, load your curing script, go AFK.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-09-29 16:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
Asura.Werdxi said: »

Or you could combine the idea of curing non-players and being AFK. Go to a GoV area with passive mobs, load your curing script, go AFK.

definitely giving back to the community there. care to PM me the script you use? excuse my ignorance in this
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-29 16:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't care enough about my healing skill to have one :s

Should be extremely easy to make for anyone who's comfortable with spellcast and the like.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-29 16:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

dats cheating
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-09-29 17:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
definitely giving back to the community there. care to PM me the script you use? excuse my ignorance in this

no idea if it works
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-29 17:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
dats cheating

no u
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [80 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Chumm
Server: Shiva
user: ithorien
By Shiva.Chumm 2011-12-19 02:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon the bump.

I tried skilling healing on non-aggressive mobs with fairly low skill (208) in Abyssea Attohwa. It is true that you can cast cure on mobs while sneak/invis is up and they won't drop, however you can NOT gain skill ups using this method. I don't doubt that it worked at some point, but apparently it's been patched. I was getting about a level a minute on skeletons but just wanted to see if I could afk it on non-aggro mobs, not a single skillup in about 100 casts.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2011-12-19 03:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Has to have been mentioned here 100 times but just in case, Cure bomb undead besieged. Keep cures smaller to save MP and keep mobs off you longer.

I made a whm mule; 2 box Charged Whisker burned him to 90whm/45blm and capped his healing magic from like 15 or 20 in 3 Undead besieged events at 90. Divine was capped sometime after when I wasn't paying attention~ Near constant .5's every cast until about 250, then they still are .5's after that just less often. Every other cast or so.

Now Enhancing is a different story ...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [332 days between previous and next post]
By Arialis67 2012-11-15 07:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

As main whm, Healing is absolutely the WORST thing to skill up EVER!!!
Gone are the days of going out and healing marids, and I do miss those! I haven't been capped healing since 80, and in normal parties as well as abyssea, skillups are few and far between.

Now, several posts have mentioned cure bombing undead, and it does work, but not that well for me. The best skillups I have gotten since getting to 99 come thru the massive amounts of endgame content I do as main whm (ie: NeoEinenjar, NeoLimbus, Voidwatch, and Provenance). Take my word for it, get in all the shouts you can, have her go main whm, because its not the only thing she'll cap doing the higher lvl activities. I usually get at least a full lvl of healing per day, and getting close to cap.

GL and have fun !!!