Dreamland Dynamis Information?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dreamland Dynamis Information?
Dreamland Dynamis Information?
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-09-27 11:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
I pretty much have the proc system down (Just wish other members of the ls did, XD) I'm more interested in finding out what new items force-popped NM's have for us.

This is one of the items, apparently:
Moepapa Mace

Possible the other Moepapa items drop from these NM's too?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-27 15:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

* The 6 Moepapa items probably drop from Dynamis - Valkurm NMs.
* Qufim is likely all the 6 Aife items
* Buburimu is probably the 7 Tjukurrpa items.
* Tav is likely the 3 Portus items and Alucinor Mitts

1 Item per "Lost" NM and 3 for the boss, it seems? Similar to the other re-worked zones. I think we have locations for 3~4 of the items on bgwiki.

Tav bosses appear to have 1 R/Ex item each, probably with a high (and maybe 100%) drop rate, but you can't control which one you fight.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-09-27 15:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I just found Aife items are in Buburimu
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-09-27 15:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Carbuncle.Shokox said: »
the cave thingy towards jeuno in dynamis qufim. theres a ??? point way back there requires like nightmare blood or something. and theres bats/spiders down there too D:

Ahh, was just compiling what was known on BG as of this morning. It's incomplete for sure. D: I'd recommend people stay on BG and read as they go along and or read BGwiki, which Byrth seems to be updating constantly.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-27 15:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh? The reported Aife drops are off Lost Scolopendra and Lost Stringes, which are in Qufim.

I went and filled out the probable drops. They might mix and match zones, but this fits too and fits the old pattern.

I had some free time today, so I updated most of the Dynamis stuff on bgwiki. The main Dynamis - Buburimu/Qufim/Valkurm/Tav pages are still not updated, because I'm miserable when it comes to formatting and Septimus has hinted he might do it.
 Sylph.Starstrukk
user: Xera
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2011-09-27 15:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
the cave thingy towards jeuno in dynamis qufim. theres a ??? point way back there requires like nightmare blood or something.

The ??? has been there. <_<
By Foxfire 2011-09-27 16:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said: »
Props to Xera, Aemora, Modoru, Byrthnoth, Churchill & more over at BG for testing and running it back.
I was mentioned! I feel special~.

Also Byrth or Rear, what setup did you guys use for your locked runs?

I'm thinking going THF/x, but would like to have an idea of what to bring.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-27 21:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I use WHM/THF to heal myself on DNC.
By Calipso 2011-10-02 01:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen an answer to this really, so I'm curious if someone has managed to proc white on a mob they aren't currently targetting.

My duo partner and I have been ae burning ws mobs and can pull in 400-450 singles a run, when we heard about the white stagger thing and decided to try without SJ. I know rng luck can be gay sometimes, mostly I just want to confirm it is possible to proc white on something you aren't currently targeting, or if we're wasting our time ae burning w/o sjs. (We have yet to see a white stagger on anything and get significantly less singles w/o sj, I've also read of other groups going 4-5 runs w/o sjs ae burning and not getting any white staggers either. Just bad luck?).

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere before!

Edit: I went and re-read the thread at bg and it seems more likely that myself and others have just had bad luck with rng. However, I wouldn't entirely put it past SE to make white procs current target only with how op aoe ws (magic to an extent) farming can be in dynamis, so I'd appreciate if someone knows for sure either way!
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-02 01:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like AE burning personally, Byrth does. It has to do with his proc character being himself, so pimped gear/macros etc. Mine is a mule so I prefer pulling 3-4 and doing JA's.

Either way, I think that a DNC/00 is going to be your best locked job. You can do either/or (WS/JA) that way and still be somewhat self sufficient.

I now do WHM/RDM MNK/THF and DNC/00 for my runs though.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2011-10-02 01:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The question was whether anyone has seen a 'white' proc on a mob that you do not have targeted. Killing 200 mobs with a 1% proc rate on white does seem quite high, so we were just wondering if anyone knows if white can proc at anytime or only on your current target.
 Fenrir.Crystenne
Server: Fenrir
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-10-02 15:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got out of Tav with my LS - I can confirm that White procs can happen with less than 5 TEs. We just got one off a Pug after getting our 4th TE.

This was with Dia so a single target. Our second was from a DNC step so I can't verify anything about cleave staggers. Just thought this'd be good to know.

Also Clusters freaking suck.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-10-02 16:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

White proc can happen on any mob, not just the mob currently targeted. Got two white procs from sandspin yesterday, both on unclaimed mobs, resulting in a total of 620 currency for just 2(3) (one RDM mule) of us.

Also, BLU/00 destroys DNC/00 IMO. You can do both magic and WS (circle blade) procs, and you can pull 20-30 mobs at a time when they're all hitting for 0-9. I prefer to cycle between groups while waiting on repops since I tend to kill them all at once with whirl of rage.

Question! I've been wondering if you can double proc, from red > white. If you can't, then wouldn't getting less TE's actually be more beneficial? You would have more chances to proc white.

Edit: You'd get less singles, but I'm wondering how many white procs you can muster with no other staggers...
 Sylph.Washburn
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2011-10-02 17:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Does everyone in the party all have to be MAIN/00? or can you have like a RDM come in and refresh/heal other members, and still get the white proc?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-02 17:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Other people can have subs and be on the hate list, but the proc has to come from someone without a subjob.
 Odin.Jryan
user: jryan
By Odin.Jryan 2011-10-02 17:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you proc white on both nightmare mobs & beastmen? And are the beastmen mobs subject to the 0-8 8-16 16-24 proccing system?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2011-10-02 18:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jryan said: »
Can you proc white on both nightmare mobs & beastmen? And are the beastmen mobs subject to the 0-8 8-16 16-24 proccing system?

Yes on nightmare mobs. Not sure about beastmen. No on specific hours. Beastmen are still procced the same way as in cities.
 Ifrit.Shagg
Server: Ifrit
user: shagg
By Ifrit.Shagg 2011-10-07 09:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

only a player with subs locked can proc white, but everyone in the group doesn't have to have subs locked (dnc/locked ftw). the only way to unlock subs after you enter locked is vie the somnial thresh hold, and yeah you can't proc white if you unlock subs this way. if you enter with sub unlocked, there is no way to lock your sub.

also, they nerfed aoe ws/spell proc rates, so no more aoe farming (not effectively anyway)
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-10-31 09:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Punchus said: »
Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Bismarck.Punchus said: »
The question still remains. Has anyone gone in with subs locked and unlocked them or is there not a way to unlock them any longer?
Yea, you click on the Somnial Threshold and remove the restriction.

And I'm pretty sure that if you enter with subs locked and unlock them via the Somnial Threshold it will cancel your ability to proc white. I am asking if there is a way to unlock them similar to how it used to be done. Killing a couple certain mob? Clicking on a couple ??? That type of thing.

No.
Somnial Threshold is the ONLY way to lock/unlock subs once entered.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Burkey
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-01-23 04:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

quick questions: the nms in valkurm - can you proc them? do they drop 100s?

by nms i mean the tree (stqemcte....) and the goobue one and others like that. just fought the tree 3 times in my last run and tried staggering the whole time until its hp ran out, no 100s no proc

jw, thanks
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-01-23 04:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, and yes. (gotten several 100s off them) The procs are random and don't necessarily correspond to their relevant times (as an example I've triggered the tree with ws while trees were ja time, and other times it's been ja while trees were ja, and other times didn't proc at all - assuming it was magic).
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-01-23 05:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there are no relevant times because the NMs drop all currency, not just one type. White proc will cause them to drop 2 100's, but if you're trying for white, you're doing it wrong.

Oh and like any NM, you do not need to proc them for a 100 to drop.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-01-23 05:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

the force-popped NM's can be proc'd as well and we've gotten 100's off of them. However, they're considerably harder than their counterparts
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2012-01-23 05:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The Tree NM follows Sandy currency proc times.
Since the trees are on Windy currency it makes sense that tree was on a different proccing time.

When trees are on JA proc mode the NM is in WS proccing mode, I think.
Killed it around 10 times so far (normal proc all times) and got only 2 rare coins so far :(

Easy enough on DNC/00 + THF/DNC duo. Altough I usually need to watch out with Saber Dance, sometimes you're just gonna need a couple of Waltzes against him, his TP move is not dangerous but not to be ignored either.

Haven't tried the Goobue NM but I've been tempted to. Is he hard? Easy? Your experience with him?
On Valkurm when I duo with my partner we usually do Trees > Puktraps > Sheeps > back to start.
Which is fine, those 3 types of monsters are very easy and completely not dangerous, altough Puktraps and Sheeps can get very annoying with their sleep TP moves. Wish I could just farm trees and nothing else >_>

Still, not many other options to pick from.
For Sandy it's either Sheeps, Sabotenders (EEEW) or Hippos, and with Hyppo's annoying TA rate, Terror and Dispel, I'd get the Sheep's sleep TP move anytime.
For Bynes you have either Puktraps, Flies and Funguars.
Funguar's Dark Spore is random and dangerous, they can also hit you with several annoying debuffs (altough nothing dangerous). Flies have uh... Dark Sphere and poison? They might be better than Puktraps I guess, never tried 'em.
Sound more dangerous than Puktraps tbh.
If I have to waste TP to heal me and my partner in the end I will kill slower, so we're back to square 1.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-01-23 06:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
The Tree NM follows Sandy currency proc times.
Since the trees are on Windy currency it makes sense that tree was on a different proccing time.

When trees are on JA proc mode the NM is in WS proccing mode, I think.
Killed it around 10 times so far (normal proc all times) and got only 2 rare coins so far :(

Easy enough on DNC/00 + THF/DNC duo. Altough I usually need to watch out with Saber Dance, sometimes you're just gonna need a couple of Waltzes against him, his TP move is not dangerous but not to be ignored either.

Haven't tried the Goobue NM but I've been tempted to. Is he hard? Easy? Your experience with him?
On Valkurm when I duo with my partner we usually do Trees > Puktraps > Sheeps > back to start.
Which is fine, those 3 types of monsters are very easy and completely not dangerous, altough Puktraps and Sheeps can get very annoying with their sleep TP moves. Wish I could just farm trees and nothing else >_>

Still, not many other options to pick from.
For Sandy it's either Sheeps, Sabotenders (EEEW) or Hippos, and with Hyppo's annoying TA rate, Terror and Dispel, I'd get the Sheep's sleep TP move anytime.
For Bynes you have either Puktraps, Flies and Funguars.
Funguar's Dark Spore is random and dangerous, they can also hit you with several annoying debuffs (altough nothing dangerous). Flies have uh... Dark Sphere and poison? They might be better than Puktraps I guess, never tried 'em.
Sound more dangerous than Puktraps tbh.
If I have to waste TP to heal me and my partner in the end I will kill slower, so we're back to square 1.

yea the tree nm is pretty cake to solo dnc/thf, just need to watch out for a couple hits in a row which youll probably want to waltz. as noticed im sure, his swings are like tp move drill branch --> similarly the goobue nm just spams beatdown (or w/e its called) and stuns/binds you (i forget) constantly; he also charms you so..lame to solo unless you know its coming and can run out of range

when i solo/duo i have been doing flies->hippo->goobue, repeat; however, due to competition and frustration ive moved to flytrap->sheep->trees. it was at the point where we were competing for pops with 10+ solo bsts among others every run where it kinda got to me. the first set of mobs is probably easier and definitely closer which draws more attention im sure; the latter is much less busy and honestly not bad at all tho.

when it comes down to it:

flies - aoe poison (50/tic) and aoe cursed sphere (~500+ dmg)
flytrap - aoe para (annoying, maybe 50% para rate) and aoe sleep (soporific, hits dont wake you up, lasts ~15-45sec)

hippo - gaze terror (~15sec) and para move i think?
sheep - aoe sleep and aoe slow

goobue - aoe silence (who goes /nin?) and gaze para
trees - nothing, maybe bind+blind but yea..

sooooo first set if you want to stay close between mobs, second set if you want less competition

EDIT: calipso, helel, liltrouble thanks for the info on the nms^^
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2012-01-23 07:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
yea the tree nm is pretty cake to solo dnc/thf, just need to watch out for a couple hits in a row which youll probably want to waltz. as noticed im sure, his swings are like tp move drill branch --> similarly the goobue nm just spams beatdown (or w/e its called) and stuns/binds you (i forget) constantly; he also charms you so..lame to solo unless you know its coming and can run out of range
Eeew, totally not trying that NM then, especially if Duo.

Quote:
when i solo/duo i have been doing flies->hippo->goobue, repeat;
Which part of the map? there are several spawns. Mind pointing me to one approximate coordinate so I can check where the ones you mean are on the map?
Not a lot of competition on my server for Trees>Puks>Sheep.
Nobody is at puks/sheeps, sometimes there are people at trees instead.

Quote:
flytrap - aoe para (annoying, maybe 50% para rate) and aoe sleep (soporific, hits dont wake you up, lasts ~15-45sec)
Forgot about the para... yeah it's annoying, maybe not 50% but definitely very high rate.

Quote:
hippo - gaze terror (~15sec) and para move i think?
They also have a high Triple Attack rate and, the move I hate most, Dispel!!! GRRRRRR! Hate it! ><
Or at least they had it in old Valkurm, but I suppose they still have that in the new valk.

Quote:
goobue - aoe silence (who goes /nin?) and gaze para
Goobue are easy, but they're in the same timeslot as Trees, so I'd rather go on them I guess.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-01-23 07:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/25742/dreamland-dynamis-information/#1562021

its the last map in shokox's post.

the flies->hippo->goobue i was doing were the flies at siren sands beach, hippos east of the OP and goobue right next to hippos to the northeast...now looking at this map again i probably coulda switched to trees out of goobue but oh well. starting at 0-08 down at the beach at flies run up to hippo (snk/invis) then from hippo 20 second walk to goobue and back down to beach for new day, pretty close

the flytrap->sheep->tree i started doing recently were the flytrap east of yags leading to konchat, sheep thru the tunnel to konchat and the trees just northwest of the flytraps. starting at 16-00 in the trees its a minute walk to flytraps then maybe another minute flytraps to sheep, just going back up to trees from sheep takes a chunk of time off your clock and eats up which window you choose to do less of

...and yea, the hippo use dispel lol..take sambas off me all the time D:
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-01-23 08:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The gobbue NM does an AoE charm tp move (Attractant). Can be stunned, doesn't last that long when it goes off, and just hope no jerks are around if it does :). I think it uses it's tp moves in a certain order, only did it a few times so never really payed attention much. If we killed it, we either hope it procced easy or just tried to kill it really quick.

I haven't been back to valk in ages. Since the forgotten update, there's usually 20-35+ people in there on Odin. Sucks. We do Bubu now if we're farming coins, rotating between DC scorps, ravens, and mandies. A little more running than valk, but worth it as there's almost never anyone at DC mobs there.

Just wanted to add I did Sabos a lot in Valk. (Albeit the ep ones, not the DC ones). If you play it safe and save one of your stuns and/or don't feed it tp until you proc (assuming you can do enough damage to kill it while it's procced) they're pretty easy. (Our basic strat was to try to proc and to melee to 100 tp and if for whatever reason the mob wasn't procced by then, we'd turn and keep trying to proc, and when he procced we'd turn and sc him to death). Actually died less to sabos then to flytraps. Soporific is annoying.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2012-01-23 11:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
the flies->hippo->goobue i was doing were the flies at siren sands beach, hippos east of the OP and goobue right next to hippos to the northeast...now looking at this map again i probably coulda switched to trees out of goobue but oh well. starting at 0-08 down at the beach at flies run up to hippo (snk/invis) then from hippo 20 second walk to goobue and back down to beach for new day, pretty close
Hmm look closer than the path I usually do. Guess I'll try that one of these days. Thanks for sharing!
How many coins do you get solo?
Usually I'm at uhm... hard to make an average, it depends a lot on luck with TEs, I guess 120ish?
But my gear on BST sucks I have to admit. I have a very very limited inventory of items. I'm your average gimpBST using 5 AF3+2, Brego Gloves, Ogier legs, Epona, Rajas, Suppa, Brutal, Charmer's, Regain Axe, Twilight Belt, Ferine neck/back, a couple of other swaps for WS and then Monsterboots/Ogregloves for Reward.
So yeah, pretty gimp I know =/

Quote:
the flytrap->sheep->tree i started doing recently were the flytrap east of yags leading to konchat, sheep thru the tunnel to konchat and the trees just northwest of the flytraps.
That's the same Path I Follow, hardly anybody ever at Puktraps/Sheeps there, at least on my server.

Quote:
...and yea, the hippo use dispel lol..take sambas off me all the time D:
I'm more worried about Food. As much as Bison Steaks are cheap, it's annoying to have to re-use them >___>'

Quote:
The gobbue NM does an AoE charm tp move (Attractant). Can be stunned, doesn't last that long when it goes off, and just hope no jerks are around if it does :).
I see. Thanks Calipso but tbh more than about other players stealing it from me I'm worried about the NM making me uncharm in the middle of other mobs which will attack me as soon as I uncharm >___>''

Bubu has very nice mobs, I'd love to fight Dhalmels, Mandies, Vultures, Crawlers and Crabs.
I'm a bit more worried about TEs, if I recall the 20mins one can spawn in pretty dangerous spots surrounded by orcs and NMs! /panic
Hate soloing TEs, guess it shows enough from my posts lol

I never died to flytraps for now, but I see what you're saying there. Aggroing 2 at the wrong time can easily mean death.
Altough I got the impression pets are immune (or have very high resistance) to soporific and to the paralyze thing?