Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Bladeburner Rokgevok Questions
Bladeburner Rokgevok Questions
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-09-25 19:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's a good spot to farm Odious Scales? Just wasn't sure if this dropped from any Orc, or if wiki was correct that it only dropped from 3 types. Also, does the level of the monster matter (EP at the start, or T-VT farther in)?

What's a good lowman strat for the NM? Was thinking about trying a BST but I dunno. Does proc on the NM make a difference on getting an Oneiros Sash?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-09-25 23:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

*bump*
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2011-09-26 11:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They do only drop from three types for a specific pop item; the odious scale drops from: predator, vexer and footsoldier but I believe they only drop from the higher levels ones (EM-T at 90, I don't remember seeing any VT-IT). My duo partner and I have been fighting the EP for the longest time and did not see a single pop item drop so we decided to go kill the higher level ones and long and behold, pop items started dropping soon enough. It says on the BG wiki that pop items only drop from the higher level demons for xarc so I assume it's the same for the rest as well.

As for the NM, I'm not really sure about a strategy. We tried to duo with an 90 Aegis PLD and NIN but he hits hard, strong magic and doesn't miss even in full evasion gear on NIN. It either just has high ACC or it's near lv 100. The biggest problem is that the ??? is at a spot where there's a buch of the higher lv orcs surrounding so links are gonna happen. You are either gonna have to sack pull or carby style pull with SMN or BST and run to the spot where the regular boss statue pops at. We did not win our fight due to all of the links.

Hope this helps.
 Sylph.Elgorian
Server: Sylph
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-10-08 05:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We've hit this a few times now.

Usually have NIN tank it with someone to stun -ga spells. Violent Flourish not reliable if it lands at all.

Isn't too bad really, main concearn is Charm-ga and getting it to a safe camp. We usually sac pull and have a backup tank (usually another NIN) on standby outside of charm range.

Very strong change of it depopping if everyone gets charmed.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [184 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-04-09 07:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone tried this recently @lv99? wandering if I can solo/duo w/ BSTs
 Valefor.Savain
Server: Valefor
user: Savain
By Valefor.Savain 2012-04-16 11:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't. Most if not all of the spawned NMs can't be soloed / duoed by BST. Maybe 3-4 could do it, but if taking that many, might as well get a real party