THF XML Silence Echo problem
 Fenrir.Tessy
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-09-24 14:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

I just took this from my DRG'S XML for when silence, and when I push a maccro it uses "Echo Drops". So I just put the same lines into my THF XML, but it dosen't work. Now I'm not sure I can sue the exact formula for both job. So if I done the wrong thing, may I ask how I so write this to make it work for thf?

Thank you!

My current XML HERE
 Asura.Mekaider
Server: Asura
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-09-24 14:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
<!-- Sub job different than NIN, so we dont need Suppa -->
<if Subjob="DRK|WAR|SAM|RNG">
<action type="equip">
<rear lock="yes">Etheral Earring</rear>

Why no suppa?
 Phoenix.Souleman
Server: Phoenix
user: souleman
By Phoenix.Souleman 2011-09-24 15:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

cancelspell should be after the echo drops (where you have the action type return).
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-09-24 15:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mekaider said: »
Quote:
<!-- Sub job different than NIN, so we dont need Suppa --> <if Subjob="DRK|WAR|SAM|RNG"> <action type="equip"> <rear lock="yes">Etheral Earring</rear>
Why no suppa?

Because THF ain't my main job. just use it when I have to according to LS or out hunting solo for stuff :)
 Shiva.Pheare
Server: Shiva
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2011-09-24 15:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tessy said: »
Quote:
<!-- Sub job different than NIN, so we dont need Suppa --> <if Subjob="DRK|WAR|SAM|RNG"> <action type="equip"> <rear lock="yes">Etheral Earring</rear>
Why no suppa?

Because THF ain't my main job. just use it when I have to according to LS or out hunting solo for stuff :)

I think what he's saying is the way that is set up is it's meant to swap out suppa for ethereal earring when you're not /nin. THF gets dual wield natively now though so suppa would still be effective without /nin.

I see you don't have suppa at all though. I assume it's just some old copy/pasted code that doesn't even really need to be there.
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-09-24 15:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Souleman said: »
cancelspell should be after the echo drops (where you have the action type return).

I see, well strange part is that it works in the same order for my whm, but I'm thinking this might be solution for not working.

<if BuffActive="Silence" CommandPrefix="/ma|/magic|/ninjutsu">

See on my DRG and WHM I use /rdm & WHm uses /blm/sch and that line is set for "/ma|/magic| But sense it diden't have the ninjutsu I added that sense I'm not had DNC sub when tested I was /nin, wich use ninjutsu. or is that an to easy solution to the problem?
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-09-24 16:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Pheare said: »
Fenrir.Tessy said: »
Quote:
Why no suppa?
I think what he's saying is the way that is set up is it's meant to swap out suppa for ethereal earring when you're not /nin. THF gets dual wield natively now though so suppa would still be effective without /nin. I see you don't have suppa at all though. I assume it's just some old copy/pasted code that doesn't even really need to be there.

Yep that is correct, I'm still learning how to write these SC, so most of mine is taken from freesite and adapted to my needs. But one common problem is I need the echo part in 95% of my SC's so when copy&pasted the one from DRG and WHM to THF it dosen't work on THF, but they both work fine on DRG and WHM without any problems.