Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Absorb-Attri
Absorb-Attri
 Sylph.Lorax
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-11-01 07:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Absorbed the Sharp Spike effect from Hedjetjet last night, no clue how much the atk+ was, but I went from doing 1.5k Cata's to 2.8k AVG with it up. It lasted for 18 minutes... I was freaking out lol.

Edit: The only thing I've ever been able to absorb from carabosse is shell, regain, and regen. The regain is 10/tick though which is pretty stellar. Lasts a few mins, 3-5~ from what I can tell.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-01 07:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toxleh said: »
tried absorbing preying posture on kaggan, used dark seal, got skillup/message proc but it wouldn't let me absorb it.

*edit* I should clarify that I was specifically targetting the intension and not the attack bonus etc.

Same.

I was treating the previous post of "if you can dispel it, you can absorb it" as law, and getting dissapointed frequently. It appears that there are some cases of resistance, or abilities that cannot be absorbed.
 Carbuncle.Hysoka
Server: Carbuncle
user: Hyso
By Carbuncle.Hysoka 2011-11-01 21:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Works fine on Usurper's eva boost move, w/e the name is.

And hummm, lasted lil more than 4 mins.

By veddertehtaco 2011-11-15 03:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i left game before this spell was out, just how decent is this? is anyone compiling what things theyve been able to absorb/details of said things?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-11-15 03:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

TAAAACOOOOOOOOOO!! How goes life man? the LS and I miss ya ; ;

Absorb-Attri is very decent when it lands! Especially on Belphoebe (VW NM) when she uses her TP "Winds," 10 TP/tic Regain on DRK is ***' BEAST. Tougher NMs like Orthrus and such obviously give trouble though.
By veddertehtaco 2011-11-15 04:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

im alright Q m'boy just busy with school/work/wifey cant really designate time for ff til things even out(eg when i get through my upgrading at least ><) i had to buy a new phone so i lost your number and worms ><!
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-11-15 14:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Do what ya gotta do man! Good to know you're hangin' in there too, and I've still got your number.