Bismarck's Economy Going +8.5% Yesterday Is Now Down 10.57%

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Bismarck's economy going +8.5% yesterday is now down 10.57%
Bismarck's economy going +8.5% yesterday is now down 10.57%
 Bismarck.Darkhelmet
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: DH
By Bismarck.Darkhelmet 2009-04-21 10:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone able to explain the massive jumps? I'm just curious.

Everyone bust out their false economic knowledge, go!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Strey
Server: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-21 10:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Probally the gobbie bag items flopping all over.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-21 10:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

too lazy to dig up links. but most likely one of the indexed items being messed with or error.
someone throw link to thread.
and for god sakes people....... look for threads about stuff before you post about it
 Asura.Endelig
Server: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-21 10:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I love it when Asura suddenly goes from the top 5 to the bottom 5. Though I must say I would've believed it really happened here...
 Bismarck.Darkhelmet
Server: Bismarck
user: DH
By Bismarck.Darkhelmet 2009-04-21 10:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.. lazy ***.. let's get pissed about it!

I didn't think it would be in the bug section. I scimmed the general area.
 Midgardsormr.Trauma
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Trauma
By Midgardsormr.Trauma 2009-04-22 10:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

All servers economy should be dipping at the moment. In my opinion it has to do with the recent addition of augmented items.

Every time someone creates an augmented item from a previously regular AH-ready item, Gil is being destroyed from the server.
Hundreds of people on each server are taking items (maybe just as small as 5-10k or even as expensive as a Penance Robe) and immediately turning it into an item worth nothing more than what an NPC will pay for it.
I'm sure the initial surge of augmenting is over for each server but I can still see this effecting the economy for a long while to come.
This wiki page is a really good read for anyone who uses the AH:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/How_to_be_good_for_the_Economy_-_Guide_by_Chapel
It explains how gil being created and destroyed can effect the server. It's long, but to sum it up:

-Creating gil (Quests, Missions, NMs, Mobs, crafting at a profit) will increase the amount of gil on the server.
-Destroying gil (trading items to NPCs, augmenting items, throwing items away, crafting at a loss) will decrease the amount of gil on the server.

There are hundreds of ways to effect the economy, and i'm not saying that this is the sole cause of the drop in prices, but destroying gil faster than it can be created is a great way to effect prices.

Just my two canadian cents :)
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-22 10:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Trauma said:
All servers economy should be dipping at the moment. In my opinion it has to do with the recent addition of augmented items.

Every time someone creates an augmented item from a previously regular AH-ready item, Gil is being destroyed from the server.
Hundreds of people on each server are taking items (maybe just as small as 5-10k or even as expensive as a Penance Robe) and immediately turning it into an item worth nothing more than what an NPC will pay for it.
I'm sure the initial surge of augmenting is over for each server but I can still see this effecting the economy for a long while to come.
This wiki page is a really good read for anyone who uses the AH:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/How_to_be_good_for_the_Economy_-_Guide_by_Chapel
It explains how gil being created and destroyed can effect the server. It's long, but to sum it up:

-Creating gil (Quests, Missions, NMs, Mobs, crafting at a profit) will increase the amount of gil on the server.
-Destroying gil (trading items to NPCs, augmenting items, throwing items away, crafting at a loss) will decrease the amount of gil on the server.

There are hundreds of ways to effect the economy, and i'm not saying that this is the sole cause of the drop in prices, but destroying gil faster than it can be created is a great way to effect prices.

Just my two canadian cents :)

Sup Moose Man. How goes it up there?
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-04-22 11:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about other servers, but on Levi the price of wootz has gone from 180kish to 50k in just 2 weeks (probably because of ANNM dropping wootz) and the price of hauby is down from 280kish to 150k. In addition Adaman body for PLD is down from ~100k to 40k, all thanks to the new update.

SE has managed to get these markets flooded and destroy price, so now there is less movement of gil between players >.>;