What Does Everyone Think Of This Idea???

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What does everyone think of this idea???
What does everyone think of this idea???
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-21 03:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking.. Antares Harness with a boost...

User submitted image

Added the 2 augments +10 accuracy and +10 to Evasion...

Its surely and Upgrade.. Don't you agree??

User submitted image

I do run a theif..and my blu is liek lvl 63 and my monk is still in training at lvl 19... It surely a good armour to contend with and I wouldn't have to use Antares..( Even tho I don't have it), I wouldn't have to buy it either!! LMAO!

Plz post your thoughts, everyone!
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-04-21 03:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the augments to replace another piece of gear is kind of shortsighted. The best use of the new body pieces is putting combinations together that you can't find anywhere else.

Not saying that this is a bad idea since you can just request it but I see way too many Haub/SH replicas when the augments can be put to much better use.
 Phoenix.Miemo
Server: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-04-21 03:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always add some enmity to that instead of eva for a lil more "Umpf!" To your TA's.

(Checked your profile and you allready have a good eva build imo)
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-04-21 04:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Your eva-build is allready pretty good, so i would get acc and something else instead of the evasion. Like.. double attack? or attack? if you'r gonna use it on mnk and blu aswell later on
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-21 11:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So what If I kept the +10 to acc and then added double att?

I have a blu @63 and a monk @ 19 which is gonan get lvld.. so why not? right?
[+]
 Fairy.Ryogo
Server: Fairy
user: Ryogo
By Fairy.Ryogo 2009-04-21 11:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I haub'd by Nuevo. Just make it into a scorpion harness or something. You're going to get an icky feeling in your stomach about it later anyways; we all want to believe we're getting something cool out of these bodies but it's one of those things you change your mind on months later and wonder why you thought it was so special. You can change it later.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-04-24 09:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent quite decided which body pc to get. I have a 75drk with Hauberk gear and it works well for me.
I am currently taking nin and thf to 75 so the second one may be an option also for me.
For my DRK i was thinkin of adding ACC and Crit hit rate or double attk. Crit hits would be cool since my merits are maxed for this.
For nin or thf would ACC be a given add for this as well? i need to do more research into this pc to make a decision here.
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-24 09:44:40
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Using the augments to replace another piece of gear is kind of shortsighted. The best use of the new body pieces is putting combinations together that you can't find anywhere else.

Not saying that this is a bad idea since you can just request it but I see way too many Haub/SH replicas when the augments can be put to much better use.

This is by far one of the best answers to "what should I put on my body" I've ever seen and I've tried to stress this with friends and ls members. Why get something you already have or can get somewhere else.

This opportunity should be used to combine two things you'd like to see on a single piece, or getting stuff you can't find anywhere else.

I went with:
Pet: Magic Attack Bonus +7 Magic Accuracy +7
Pet: Critical Hit Rate +1 "Double Attack" +2
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-04-24 09:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious question, why does nobody use antares on cor? isnt AGI a big modifier on cor shots? plus those cors that melee with joy, the dex/acc would be rather helpful.. what other agi body peices are there for cor?
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-24 10:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Why get something you can get somewhere else? Let's see...
ACP body = free and you can change your mind later.
Other stuff = expensive.

Prices from Fairy:

Antares Harness = 4 mil
Haubergeon +1 = 3.2 mil
Genie Weskit = 2.9 mil
Avalon Breastplate = 7 mil
Zahak's Mail = 5 mil
Hauberk +1 = 2.4 mil
Scorpion Harness +1 = 600k
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-04-24 10:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd rather get something that isnt comparable to another peice of AH gear.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-24 10:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Other stuff = expensive.

Prices from Fairy:

Antares Harness = 4 mil
Haubergeon +1 = 3.2 mil
Genie Weskit = 2.9 mil
Zahak's Mail = 5 mil
Hauberk +1 = 2.4 mil

Even with the right Augments I'm pretty sure the ACP body will not compare or equal the performance of any of those pieces.
 Asura.Endelig
Server: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-24 10:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Tbest said:
Other stuff = expensive.

Prices from Fairy:

Antares Harness = 4 mil
Haubergeon +1 = 3.2 mil
Genie Weskit = 2.9 mil
Zahak's Mail = 5 mil
Hauberk +1 = 2.4 mil

Even with the right Augments I'm pretty sure the ACP body will not compare or equal the performance of any of those pieces.

If you put acc and eva on it that makes it better than SH+1. Who cares anyway though?
Just as everybody has always been saying, the good thing about these bodies is the different stuff like snapshot and crits or w/e.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-24 10:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok...

Augments = Acc. +10 Att. +10 Rng Acc. +10 Rng Att. +10 Eva +10 Magic Acc. +4
Magic Att. Bonus +4 Double Att. +2% Crit. Hit Rate +3% Store Tp +4 Subtle Blow +4 Enmity +5 Enmity -5 Fast Cast +5 Call Beast delay -15 Snapshot +5% Dual Wield effect +3% Blood Pact delay -4 Avatar Perpert. Cost -2 Quick Draw delay -5 Pet: Acc. & Rng. Acc. +15 Pet: Att. & Rng. Att. +15 Pet: Magic Acc & Att. Bonus +7 Pet: Double Att.+ Crit hit rate +2%

Mirke =
Def 42, HP+10, MP+10, Str/Dex/Agi+5
Mnk/Thf/Bst/Rng/Nin/Blu/Cor/Pup/Dnc

Nuevo =
Def 49, HP+20, Str/Dex/Vit+5
War/Pld/Drk/Sam/Drg

Antares =
Def 50, HP+15, Dex/Agi+8, Acc/Eva+8
War/Mnk/Rdm/Thf/Drk/Brd/Nin/Blu/Cor/Pup/Dnc
Stats compared to Mirke (+8 Def, +5 HP, -10 MP, -5 Str, +3 Dex/Agi)
With Acc/Eva (-2 Acc -2 Eva)
With Acc/Atk (-2 Acc -10 Atk +8 Eva)

Antares Harness = 4 mil

Just comparing to Antares so far... I'll edit the others in. But.. Just against Mirke with acc/atk, you equal out to +8 Def, +5 HP, -10 MP, -5 Str, +3 dex/agi, -2 acc, -10 atk, and +8 eva for your 4 mil gil.

That's pretty comparable for saving 4 mil. =)

And yeah... The other bonuses like Snapshot, pet acc/atk, etc. are good... But they're not for all jobs.
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
Server: Midgardsormr
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-04-24 10:37:38
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
Baelorn said:

This is by far one of the best answers to "what should I put on my body" I've ever seen and I've tried to stress this with friends and ls members. Why get something you already have or can get somewhere else.

This opportunity should be used to combine two things you'd like to see on a single piece, or getting stuff you can't find anywhere else.

I went with:
Pet: Magic Attack Bonus +7 Magic Accuracy +7
Pet: Critical Hit Rate +1 "Double Attack" +2

Truth: "Just cause it's different, doesn't make it better." Or... something to that effect.

You can customize it any way you want, to either suit a certain cause (TA Piece, WS Macro, etc) or to be more general. I could add Enmity+5 on Mirke for Trick Attack since I have nothing else for that slot, or I could add EVA+10 and bam, no more need to switch between DH and SH, and more money in my pocket for other upgrades. (Sniper's ring, Merman's earring, etc.)

Option #2 is more suited to my situation. Just because I don't choose to be scary original or create something amazingly unique doesn't mean I'm shortsighted. I've weighed my options and made a decision on that.

If I can ever get the final mission done, I'd choose:

Mirke Wardecore: STR+5, DEX+5, AGI+5 Hp+10 Mp+10 Evasion +10, Fast Cast+5

Comparable to SH+1 for Evasion, Fast Cast for Utsusemi, decent STR and DEX for both DoT and WSing.