Please Help! My Chocobo Is Mentally Challenged!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Please help! My chocobo is mentally challenged!
Please help! My chocobo is mentally challenged!
 Ramuh.Konoko
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-04-20 22:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I have a problem. I went to my home nation to recharge my chocobo whistle a few weeks ago, and I tried to ask to be able to call my own chocobo in the field. I couldn't remember if I had already had it set to that, but when I did set it, everytime I call my chocobo, I get mine, but I forgot that my chocobo doesn't run as fast as normal ones, so it was a big mistake on my part, it runs actually really really slow. Is there anyway to make it revert to calling a default chocobo in the field? I already tried trading my whistle again, it doesn't have that option. It only has the option to set it to call my own.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-20 22:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. you should of raised a faster chocobo.

Edit:I think you are ****ed untill you run out.
 Ramuh.Konoko
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-04-20 22:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, I was stupid when I raised mine some few decades ago. I'm thinking the only way to fix this is to raise a new one, but if theres another way, that would be sweet... ;;
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-04-20 23:04:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

My chocobo has impressive strength and it still runs slower then a rent-a-choc. Is it even possible to get a raised chocobo to run faster?
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Pocoterremoto 2009-04-20 23:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
My chocobo has impressive strength and it still runs slower then a rent-a-choc. Is it even possible to get a raised chocobo to run faster?

probably, u would have to see what food gives helps your chocobo do what, and what u do, like walks ect
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-20 23:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My g/f's Choco has First class (Max) Strength with Gallop. It seems to run a very slight amount faster than a rented chocobo.
 Ramuh.Sidi
user: Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-21 00:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll need to raise a new one for your whistle if you wish for a faster one...

increase strength to increase speed-- endurance for length of time; might want to bring reception up a bit too so you can learn gallop because that combined w/ strength will get it to a dealable state...

just put it on those str careplans and whatnot; in the end, even if it hates you, if its halfdecent strwise, it'll still run for ya on the feild, even if it ran away XD (of course if you want it for racing or whatnot, then you'll want to take care of it better, but just for random running to and from places, you can "mistreat" it by being slack on its care)
 Ramuh.Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-21 00:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

...wtf? pressed submit and now this thread is a blank page... even though it says I submit it on the general page o_O;;
 Ramuh.Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-21 00:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Triple post! Its working now!!!!

but yeah, if you use an egg from an isnm you get a higher chance for a colored one as well (or if you breed two cards... if you find 2 with gallop, then you have a chance tin inately learn it when its hatched, cutting out some time)