Have EU+US Account, POL Wont Allow Me To Pay For US 1 In The EU

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » have EU+US account, POL wont allow me to pay for US 1 in the EU
have EU+US account, POL wont allow me to pay for US 1 in the EU
 Diabolos.Abomb
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Abomb 2009-04-20 13:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i live in the EU, have both an EU and a US account, and used to play both, i forgot to pay the money into my account 1 month and my accounts went unpaid , cancelled id's etc...
so i sorted the EU account out 1st being as i use it as my main and logged in etc, after logging out before bed proceeded to do the same for my US account ...
when updating the billing info to link my CC... it wont accept it.. i have the £ but it wont take the CC info, says it's invalid ...
so i search the net etc for advice and these forums also, and find alot of posts about SE not allowing the US account be linked to an EU CC or not linking CC's to both EU+US accounts, im not sure how this is fixed, or if i can get around it, or what i should do to pay for my US account legitimately (i dont wish to falsify information on the account) if any1 has any info on this i'd really appreciate it , thx. or if any1 plays an eu and us account at the same time somehow if they could let me know the processes they take to make this possible id really like to hear from u ,as i really dont want to have to choose between 2 characters, when i <3 them both so much >.<
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-04-20 14:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Download a NA PoL to update your US information. I got that problem before.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-04-20 14:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/vista01.html?pageID=media

Go to the bottom of the page and click "Agree", it will start download.

That is the only way I found to download NA/EU/JP PoL, that's the Windows Vista friendly PoL but it will run perfectly fine on windows XP. You can install it in a new folder so it won't mess up your usual PoL and FF files and open it just to update your information. My link is the US PoL one.

I hope it will solve your problem, I had a hard time resolving mine and I wish someone could have helped me.

*cheers*

And if PoL won't let you enter your EU CC info in the US PoL then I am pretty sure there's nothing you can do... only thing I could think about is pre-paid card but I never saw them for NA FFXI. I know JP have them though...
Maybe using https://www.epassporte.com could help if it's considered international instead of regional.
 Shiva.Whitejune
Server: Shiva
user: Whitejune
By Shiva.Whitejune 2009-04-20 15:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a simular problem last year when they changed the password length. I started playing in EU but move to NA. They kept telling me i had to change my password but i couldn't.

I contacted SE and they told me if u start playing in EU then you're on a european POL server and u can not acces your information in the US. I had to get my dad who still lived in europe to change it for me.

From what SE told me over the phone that i couldn't change or really acces my account information outside of europe.

You can try using a prepaid credit card. My husband uses it for his NA account. only problem is, i don't know if you can put money on them in europe.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-04-20 15:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If its an EU account you must edit your CC info and stuff on an EU POL. If its an NA account you must edit your CC info on an NA POL. simple as that!
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-04-20 16:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Whitejune said:

From what SE told me over the phone that i couldn't change or really acces my account information outside of europe.

That is wrong. I'm in NA and I updated a EU account from NA just by downloading the EU PoL viewer. It was not too long ago, should still be working. ^^
 Diabolos.Abomb
By Diabolos.Abomb 2009-04-20 18:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

yeh ive done all of this , downloaded NA POL, and i had tried using another CC, i have however ordered a paypal pre-pay top up CC from the paypal site, maybe this will help.
ive also had a personal message asking if i had waited 24 hrs after the reactivation of the account, which i havnt >.< i changed banks around the same time, meaning the CC registered isnt active anymore, but it wont let me link my new CC to it, im assuming i have to wait 24 hrs until i try to link another CC anyways, but is this true i cannot link an EU CC to it?
 Diabolos.Abomb
By Diabolos.Abomb 2009-04-20 18:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

if i can use same CC on both accounts i will be extremely happy, means i can link it tomorrow, however if i need a different card, will have to wait until friday
and if i need an NA card ... well its stupid and f'n rediculous, but i will need to find a way of getting ahold of an NA Prepay card i guess....?
 Diabolos.Abomb
By Diabolos.Abomb 2009-04-20 18:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-04-20 14:20:30

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/vista01.html?pageID=media

Go to the bottom of the page and click "Agree", it will start download.

That is the only way I found to download NA/EU/JP PoL, that's the Windows Vista friendly PoL but it will run perfectly fine on windows XP. You can install it in a new folder so it won't mess up your usual PoL and FF files and open it just to update your information. My link is the US PoL one.

this download, it means i can play all EU/NA/JP pol on same POL? may this help the CC issue ?
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-04-20 18:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Abomb said:

this download, it means i can play all EU/NA/JP pol on same POL? may this help the CC issue ?

Well I do play different Region account on my NA PoL(the download link) but I need to use the respective PoL to update information.
 Diabolos.Abomb
By Diabolos.Abomb 2009-04-20 18:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ah ok thats what i was doing before
i can play the char fine, i did like 3 hrs before it got cancelled etc, but idk, maybe ill just wait + see how it goes after the 24 hrs are up :/
 Garuda.Fullen
Server: Garuda
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-04-20 18:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i use the same CC for EU and NA account with no issues.

Just make sure when you download NA POL you don't put it in the same folder as EU POL or you'll be enjoying 10 hours of full reinstall ^^

Can't however link NA accounts to an EU SE account, so i guess no satchel for my mule =(