Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-13 13:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Cheyne said: »
Ninnian is master of all knowledge!

But I do the same derp typing on my mule too.

Gets annoying when it takes me 2-3 tries to finally get it.

Yeah if I ever misspell paralyna, it always takes 2-3 times and it makes me hardcore rage. @@;

Asura.Xenophire said: »
I'm a fast typist, so all my -na spells and outside party actions are typed out. Esuna is typed out, Raises... Anything aside from my Cures, Haste, SS, Erase, Pro/Shell Macro unless it's single target are typed. Lol.

Though, typing out //refersh and //wrap is kind of amusing. Lol.

I actually have Esuna macro'd, but it's not like it matters either way. ;o I don't have Protectra/Shellra macro'd just because it's whatever.

CAN I HAVE A WRAP II?
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2011-09-13 14:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Recaldy said: »
Easier if you just change keyboard config to "Compact" and bind up to I down to K and pretty much make a second wasd for menu and options. Ofcourse, this is coming from a controller user.

This is what I do, except I actually play on compact keyboard settings. So wasd is to move, ikjl is menu actions. I macro cures to ctrl, status fixes to alt, and everything I use aliases. Love aliases!
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-09-13 14:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
CAN I HAVE A WRAP II?
HOLD ON, I NEED MP. REFERSH ME, PLZ.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-13 14:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said: »
CAN I HAVE A WRAP II?
HOLD ON, I NEED MP. REFERSH ME, PLZ.

OK /MA REFERSH XENO
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-09-13 15:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I always use <stal>. The only issue this presents is if you do not use spellcast and like to change to, say, your healing set then change back to refresh set after the spell is cast all in one macro. Works really well on PC as well as console.

I've never tried typing out my spells in battle before. I'll have to try it.

Random stupid question that is off topic, since I'd rather not make a new thread for this:

When casting a variety of spells with a variety of equip sets the blinking causes the spell casting animation to go away. Granted the spell goes off and what not but I like to see the casting animation. Does spellcast/blinkmenot allow the animation to continue while gaining the benefits from your set swap? Thanks!
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-13 19:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
Does spellcast/blinkmenot allow the animation to continue while gaining the benefits from your set swap? Thanks!

Yes, lol. Blinkmenot is amazing. :x
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-13 20:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Does spellcast/blinkmenot allow the animation to continue while gaining the benefits from your set swap? Thanks!

YOUR AMAZING
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-13 21:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said: »
YOUR AMAZING

NO U
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-09-14 10:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently once you deselect your target they blink as they should have before your spell/JA/etc. Any way to make this work on yourself?
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-09-14 11:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

<stpt> and <stal> are excellent macro tools, although I tend to use them more for non-critical spells, since it can sometimes take a while to scroll up/down to the correct target in the party/alliance list.

If you need to rapidly target someone in your party, using the F1-F6 buttons works really well for me. I've been doing it that way since FFXI was released, long before the availability of windower, blinkmenot, or <stpt>/<stal>, so it just comes naturally to my fingertips.

If you're newer to playing WHM, that may not be the best technique for you. Try things out and find what works best for your individual brain and hands.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-09-14 11:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
<stpt> and <stal> are excellent macro tools, although I tend to use them more for non-critical spells, since it can sometimes take a while to scroll up/down to the correct target in the party/alliance list.

If you need to rapidly target someone in your party, using the F1-F6 buttons works really well for me. I've been doing it that way since FFXI was released, long before the availability of windower, blinkmenot, or <stpt>/<stal>, so it just comes naturally to my fingertips.

If you're newer to playing WHM, that may not be the best technique for you. Try things out and find what works best for your individual brain and hands.

I use F1-F6 for my party; it just sucks when you have to cure an alliance and can't use the F keys anymore.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-09-14 12:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I use F1-F6 for my party; it just sucks when you have to cure an alliance and can't use the F keys anymore.

I could be wrong, but if I'm not mistaken, you can press Ctrl+"F key" and Alt+"F key" to target the members of the other two parties in your alliance.

You could also, instead, use the <stpc> macro, and cycle through the pc's on your screen from left to right, although I find that (sometimes) takes even longer than scrolling up/down the alliance list using <stal>.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-14 13:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I could be wrong, but if I'm not mistaken, you can press Ctrl+"F key" and Alt+"F key" to target the members of the other two parties in your alliance.

I believe this is a windower feature. I lost track, though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-09-14 13:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

I believe this is a windower feature. I lost track, though.

You could be right.
I don't use windower. I'll try it out later today and report back.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-09-14 13:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

the binds are in the init, so it probably won't work without windower.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-14 14:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently once you deselect your target they blink as they should have before your spell/JA/etc. Any way to make this work on yourself?

//blinkmenot alwaysothers (make sure it turns to ON)
//blinkmenot alwaysself (make sure it turns to ON)
//blinkmenot follow (make sure it turns to ON)

You'll never see a blink again. You can add this to your init.txt too.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-09-14 17:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using windower and curing cross-alliance, you can always use CTRL+F1-6 and ALT+F1-6 to select members from the other parties faster too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-14 17:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
If you're using windower and curing cross-alliance, you can always use CTRL+F1-6 and ALT+F1-6 to select members from the other parties faster too.

I actually didn't know that until this thread. I might try that in the future and see how it goes.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-09-14 18:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »

I actually didn't know that until this thread. I might try that in the future and see how it goes.

I seriously had to friggin idea that this existed! If this is true, which I assume it is, then THANK YOU!
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-09-14 18:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

//blinkmenot alwaysothers (make sure it turns to ON)
//blinkmenot alwaysself (make sure it turns to ON)
//blinkmenot follow (make sure it turns to ON)

You'll never see a blink again. You can add this to your init.txt too.

To clarify, I want to not blink on my character UNTIL I deselect whatever I'm targeting. Example:

I hit F2 to target someone in my party then hit my cure macro. Equip changes and I cure w/o blink. When I hit esc. or another F key I will blink to what my equip should be.

I tried BMN and it was very nice but after a while all of my equip is different than what I see. I mainly just don't want to blink while casting or using a JA. Blinking AFTER the animation so my gear updates would be superb.

^^
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2011-09-14 18:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Still never liked stal, I know it is useful but I don't want to have two or more macro sets for the same spells just to cast on someone inside my alliance vs outside too. Also hitting enter twice drives me nuts because I'm so used to hitting it just once!

Guess it's just the way I learned how to play it in my early days and it has stuck since. Always played with a controller so usually have all spells in a macro with <t> or <me> if it's self target only. Don't want to learn a new way 6 years into the game :-(