Double Drop In BCNM = Cheat??

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Double Drop in BCNM = Cheat??
Double Drop in BCNM = Cheat??
First Page 2
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-04-20 06:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall an issue where people were using some type of method to duplicate drops in Salvage not long ago and several people got banned for it.

Is it possible to do the same thing in a BCNM, even accidentally? Reason I ask is because I got a double drop in one yesterday and was immediately accused of cheating the game. I called a GM and had them look into the issue, and they didn't have a problem with the drop. It was "working as intended."

Has this ever happened to any of you?
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-20 06:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the BCNM.

Explain please
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-04-20 06:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Trio'ed BCNM 40, Under Observation and received the usual junk as well a Peacock Charm and Utsusemi Ni x 2. Needless to say, one of the others wasn't exactly happy about it and immediately said that I had cheated and wanted to call a GM.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-20 06:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
Trio'ed BCNM 40, Under Observation and received the usual junk as well a Peacock Charm and Utsusemi Ni x 2. Needless to say, one of the others wasn't exactly happy about it and immediately said that I had cheated and wanted to call a GM.

2 Uts: Nis can load in the same chest, thats not your fault.

Congrats on the full load, you will never see that again. You got the best possible drops that BCNM can offer.

See, what I was wondering is if you did Up in Arms and 2 Kraken Clubs loaded. Thats a glitch lol. And you and one other person would be the luckiest *** in the server if that happened.
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-04-20 06:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I was very shocked myself. Like I've said before, I'm still somewhat new to this game and when the whole "Cheat???" started going around in the party chat, I started second guessing myself. Wondering if there was something that I did which could've influenced the drop. I play on Xbox, so I don't have third party tools or anything. Still, it made me analyze my in-game actions more.

As for Up in Arms; I've never done that one. Though I have to admit, 2 Kraken Clubs would be a dream. I could fully afford gear and not be looked at as uber gimpy.
 Ragnarok.Jammie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jammie
By Ragnarok.Jammie 2009-04-20 06:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
2 Uts: Nis can load in the same chest, thats not your fault.

Congrats on the full load, you will never see that again. You got the best possible drops that BCNM can offer.

This is the correct answer.
Here you can see how it happend, if you take a look at the treasure groupings.

Again, congratulations on an excellent drop. I was never even lucky enough to get a PCC myself :D.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-20 06:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:
Thanks, I was very shocked myself. Like I've said before, I'm still somewhat new to this game and when the whole "Cheat???" started going around in the party chat, I started second guessing myself. Wondering if there was something that I did which could've influenced the drop. I play on Xbox, so I don't have third party tools or anything. Still, it made me analyze my in-game actions more.

As for Up in Arms; I've never done that one. Though I have to admit, 2 Kraken Clubs would be a dream. I could fully afford gear and not be looked at as uber gimpy.

If you did not do anything wrong, then you did not do anything bannable. If the chest loads items, its not your fault.

You just got super lucky.

As for Up in Arms: BLM burn is usually the way to go. Its soloable by a BLM, but I rather do it 3 times a run than 1 time and have to worry about death. Kraken Club also has a 1% drop rate, so yeah, having 2 load up is by itself a dream. The club is also rare, so if 2 did load up, you couldn't have both.
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-04-20 06:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
and several people got banned for it.
Ya mean the entire pre-existing endgame linkshell infrastructure on most servers collapsed because of it :(

Double drops frequently occur in several BCNM's, ZNMs, etc, naturally. A few months ago me and a friend farmed several Dea popsets and both got Enkidu's subligar off of the first kill. It's natural.

The duping process you mention involved certain (not all) types of events/battles which utilized a specific instancing server (or server type) within SE's server framework. Examples would be assault, ISNM's, ashau (sp) talif style assault, salvage, and inner sand worm fights (and maybe another one or few). The bug involved breaking an alliance within these areas and using another trigger to (probably) trick the system into thinking the single instance was instead multiple instances. However, the bug has since (said to have been) patched, thankfully.
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-04-20 08:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

As for Up in Arms: BLM burn is usually the way to go. Its soloable by a BLM, but I rather do it 3 times a run than 1 time and have to worry about death. Kraken Club also has a 1% drop rate, so yeah, having 2 load up is by itself a dream. The club is also rare, so if 2 did load up, you couldn't have both.

Ha, if I actually got that club I'd finally have a reason to unlock and level Dark Knight. I hear KC DRKs own on NM fights.
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-20 08:44:16
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

It seems that the people you were partying with did not bother to read the drop percentages and the groupings on wiki. You did nothing wrong.

Also Up In Arms can be trio'ed by 3 smns as well.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-20 08:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, I did like, 18 Under observation runs, -had to teach the rdm how to Kyte. . . on Blu <.< - anyway

on the 18th run, the RDM got 2 NI: drops, lucky bugger, xD Lucky, she was nice, and gave me one, :3 now my nin has ni yaye (no more solo'ing >.> 37~43 w/o was fun /dnc ftw

Gratz on your dropz
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-20 08:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ktjrn said:
It seems that the people you were partying with did not bother to read the drop percentages and the groupings on wiki. You did nothing wrong.

Also Up In Arms can be trio'ed by 3 smns as well.

3 Bst masters as well, with Funger pets, (they have Aqua killer effect i think?)

Good reasion to level bst, Free BS's and get 2 other bst friends, and have your pets basicly take out Fie
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-20 09:00:12

i have over 200 seals. i really should make a KC day on my server and go to town on it. there hasnt been a KC sold on our service since January i think.

congrats on the utseumi spell drops though! i hope to get some big bucks like that someday :P
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-04-20 09:21:24

Jacinda, I'm kind of curious. Utsusemi: Ni is rare, so you can only hold one... I'm not certain if the player that was accusing you of cheating was someone in /party, but if it was I wouldn't trust them from then on, they probably woulda lotted the 2nd Ni and ran off and you'd be able to do nothing about it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-20 09:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Jacinda, I'm kind of curious. Utsusemi: Ni is rare, so you can only hold one... I'm not certain if the player that was accusing you of cheating was someone in /party, but if it was I wouldn't trust them from then on, they probably woulda lotted the 2nd Ni and ran off and you'd be able to do nothing about it.

This is very true, though I expect it was simply the fact that nobody did their homework and didn't realize you could get 2 Ni. Still, this is the reason I only do certain BCNM with shellmates or friends. If somebody ever had to hold a second item for me, I'd prefer it be someone I know isn't gonna run off with my item.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-04-20 09:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

http://i39.tinypic.com/11brfyc.jpg

Seen it happen before. I just hope you didnt have that guy who accused you of cheating, hold the second utsu ni D:
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-04-20 09:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:

Oh it was most certainly someone in the party who was accusing me. Fortunately, the other person held the second Ni for me. When we got back to Whitegate, he gave it back and I offered to go on runs with him to help him get Ni as well.
 Ramuh.Tipiro
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Tipiro 2009-04-20 11:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When I do those runs, we always sell PCC, Utsu, and even Phalanx, then split the gil. Seems much more fair that way.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-20 11:50:29

I prefer YOYD. Mainly because the drops are so rare and even should something good drop (excluding PCC) the split between 3-6 people just isn't worthwhile when all you get is like 30-50k. I coulda been farming for more ya know?
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 11:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I prefer YOYD.

Same here. My seals, my lootz. Even when they're crap lol
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-20 11:55:29

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Artemicion said:
I prefer YOYD.

Same here. My seals, my lootz. Even when they're crap lol

Yep yep. However people who cry that everything needs to be split fail to realize that all drops are sheer chance. Nothing is guaranteed. Why get a handful of gil from a split that has a rare chance of dropping in the first place when you can take a gamble and go for all of it?

Double or nothing > 33% or 16.6% of something decent. Especially when the worth of that 33% or 16.6% can be trumped just by farming on your own or crafting.

Again this totally depends on which BCNM and drops you're going for but this statement is pretty true for most BCNMs, KSNMs and ENMs that are out there.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-20 11:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacinda said:

*** him.
dont ever do anything with that guy if he's going to QQ over you getting good stuff.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-20 12:01:49

Ludoggy said:
Jacinda said:

*** him.
dont ever do anything with that guy if he's going to QQ over you getting good stuff.

This too. What a crybaby to call a GM over something that's rare but perfectly legit. He shoulda been happy for you and hope he could someday be as fortunate as you.
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-20 12:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've also had that happen once. 2 Utsu Ni scrolls and a PCC. Yea, ONE time ONRY lol. Never happened again :<

As for Kclub, it can also be trio'd by 2 RNG's [RNG75 {Please Check it.}] and a RDM. RNGs take turns sharing hate while RDM gravity's the mob and keeps up with enfeebling.

We've had a few sell on our server. But its not really by ah. Most of it being from a certain 1-2 players who pretty much owned more than 5 kclubs TBH. We've had some sell here and there. But the ah price really isnt right. Ive seen a few sell for 40M by these same players. Who also have their maats cap and their relic weapons :Q_________ [Someday.. Yoichinoyumi will be mine ; ; .. someday.]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 12:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Yep yep. However people who cry that everything needs to be split fail to realize that all drops are sheer chance. Nothing is guaranteed. Why get a handful of gil from a split that has a rare chance of dropping in the first place when you can take a gamble and go for all of it?

Exactly, plus in the rare event we do come away with a good day (went 3/6 for boots in petrifying pair the other day which was *** awesome compared to our usual 1/9-ish) it makes the crap runs all the more worth it...

Paid for my Ni scroll, which was *** hot...technically Ni drops in there also, but we're like 0/30 on that ***, so I'm starting to really wonder if it really, truly drops in there. I wanna see pics dammit! lol

Ludoggy said:
*** him.

Agreed. What a crybaby ***...
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-20 12:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Utsusemi: Ni is Rare... meaning someone else could've gotten the second scroll (including Mr. ;;). But, oh well! Sucks2BHim.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 12:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:
Utsusemi: Ni is Rare... meaning someone else could've gotten the second scroll (including Mr. ;;). But, oh well! Sucks2BHim.

It was YOYD, so both scrolls were the OP's by rights. Lucky day for her!

And to the crybaby QQ artist:

User submitted image
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-20 12:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Azulmagia said:

It was YOYD, so both scrolls were the OP's by rights. Lucky day for her!

And to the crybaby QQ artist:

User submitted image

In that case, even bigger reason to go with friends onry. I'm sure a lot of people would find it hard to give up an Utsusemi: Ni they have on their person.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-20 12:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

See, you're not alone. Just enjoy it. :p
 Fairy.Azulmagia