Ragnarok Gear sets

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Haxetc
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-09-08 12:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding to this. Can anyone shed any info on how good Ragnarok90 is ?
I was thinking of making it for my next relic but want some input before I do >.> thanx
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-09-08 12:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Haxetc said: »
I was thinking of making it for my next relic but want some input before I do >.> thanx
You're gonna get "Caladbolg onry" responses to this.

Just make it if you want it. :P
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-08 12:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Caladbolg and Ragnarok even out on damage with Torcleaver being better than Scourge but Ragnarok having better DOT (at least outside of Abyssea).

I have not done any in-depth research, however, because I've never seriously considered Ragnarok.

If what I read is accurate, however, Ragnarok is pretty decent, but Apoc or Caladbolg will probably beat it the majority of the situations in which you find yourself. I think what it said was that unless you’re on super high level mobs, it’s not going to ever be the “best” option.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-08 12:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You're gonna get "Caladbolg onry" responses to this.

Just make it if you want it. :P

I think at least the major drk contributors on the forum will at least explain why if they feel that way, rather than just "lol Caladbolg onry."

I wish to god warrior could equip Caladbolg the way they can Ragnarok. Not that Ukonvasara doesn't blow Caladbolg away, but I've always just really liked great sword and I wish I could use it on warrior.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-09-08 12:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish Warrior got certain weaponskills for Great Sword too. :|

Spinning Slash would be nice.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-08 12:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
I wish Warrior got certain weaponskills for Great Sword too. :| Spinning Slash would be nice.

I know, right? =\

As far as my feedback on the actual topic, we're already about to hit 95 cap. I would start saving up your currency. Don't turn anything in yet. Wait until level 99 gets here (It will likely be before you finish currency unless you farm every day yourself AND buy to augment). Once the level 99 relics vs. empyreans vs. mythics are figured out, then decide what you want to make.

If you had to go by level 90 standards and you're looking to do relic for warrior or dark knight, Ragnarok is your best option if you want both to use it and Apocalypse is your best bet of Bravura/Ragnarok/Apoc.

If you're looking solely at great endgame weapons as thing stand right now, make yourself an Ukonvasara and a Caladbolg and rock out interchangeably. Because right now, making both to 90 is still way easier than relic and they're both pretty awesome.

Variety is the spice of life!

As for gear sets, I would think just gear intelligently. Max your haste, make sure you're hitting an optimal x-hit setup then fill in with damage-raising stats.

No idea on weaponskill sets for Scourge you're probably going to want attack cap > modifiers.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-08 13:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone more specialized in the ways of dark knight specifically wants to correct me, feel free. Threw these together as semi-optimal.

TP

Should get you a 7-hit ok if my math isn't too off on the fly.

WS

WS set may be off. Opted for Twilight over Ares's or anything else because of the CHR/MND mod being 15 each as well, but if attack isn't capped you very well may want Ares's in there. Potentially better neck/waist options as well, but ele gorget/belt are always solid options, if not top of the line.

Edit: Changed the rings. Didn't realize Pyrosouls had -3 mnd. There may still be better ring options out there for which I'm not accounting, though.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-08 13:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Rag is the superior weapon outside of abyssea for harder content like voidwatch, a good deal of VW NMs have some pretty crazy evasion and thats where Empyreans will start to fall behind Relics.

For a TP build your setup would be identical to a Caladbolg set though:

Abyssea TP:

High ACC Build for Voidwatch:

STP +5 DA +2 E:body

High ACC Build With marches During Last Resort:

You only need 17% Haste during LR with Marches. This set actually only has 16 but I prefer Mars over blitz in a high ACC situation when that .4% Haste isnt doing much.

I haven't really bothered making any scourge builds, you do have decent WS pieces for it though using twilight helm/body and Af3 Feet.

Modifiers: MND:40% ; CHR:40%

You could do something like this, altho i'm not sure about Twilight body over Grim Cuirass. Just like Torcleaver, Scourge will benefit quite a bit from attack so at the very least you should be using Grim when Last Resort is down, and definatley when you are fighting harder content.

There will be a few better WS pieces for scourge after the update as well. I saw a CHR ring with GS skill on it.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-09-08 13:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said: »

Hey Gradd, I can't help but notice how NQ your Ebody is. :(
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-08 13:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Uzugami said: »

Hey Gradd, I can't help but notice how NQ your Ebody is. :(
*** you <.< You only have one bc I set up the runs! D:<
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-08 13:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
If someone more specialized in the ways of dark knight specifically wants to correct me, feel free. Threw these together as semi-optimal.
TP

Should get you a 7-hit ok if my math isn't too off on the fly.

Just like Caladbolg Rag will need White Tathlum to WS in w/e it wants.

The delays are virtually the same Caladbolg 430, Ragnarok 431.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-08 13:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Admittedly, I don't rock the White Tathlum because the amount of time I'm not getting hit playing drk is essentially zilch.

Like I said. Kinda thrown together sets. My drk doesn't see the light of day in enough situations for me to do 100% ideal sets and, as such, I tend to ignore things I probably shouldn't. Ah well.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-08 13:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Admittedly, I don't rock the White Tathlum because the amount of time I'm not getting hit playing drk is essentially zilch.

Like I said. Kinda thrown together sets. My drk doesn't see the light of day in enough situations for me to do 100% ideal sets and, as such, I tend to ignore things I probably shouldn't. Ah well.

Actually I just mathed it out, even if you were WS'ing in Rajas w/out a white tathlum youd be coming up too 99.7 TP on your last swing making the point of your x-hit kinda moot.

If you don't want to bother getting a white tathlum you can use Attila's earring over bale, and that will put you back at a proper 6-hit Rebuild, but you will have to Weaponskill in Rajas Ring.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-08 14:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Actually I just mathed it out, even if you were WS'ing in Rajas w/out a white tathlum youd be coming up too 99.7 TP on your last swing making the point of your x-hit kinda moot.

Right. But when you're getting hit and/or have VV on (or Moonshade, if you go regain vs. TP bonus) it gives you some leeway.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-08 14:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Right. But when you're getting hit and/or have VV on (or Moonshade, if you go regain vs. TP bonus) it gives you some leeway.

Some, but its not smart relying on getting hit for your x-hits, with more than just you DD'ing you arent getting hit 100% of the time. If your ever put into an oldschool Merit party/Einherjar situation you definatley wont be getting hit 100% of the time.

Moonshade regain is another story as well if you are using that, but if you have a Caladbolg youd benefit much more from a TP bonus earring its a straight 5% boost to Torcleavers damage.

Edit:

Rag unfortunatley wouldnt benefit from a TP bonus earring, so regain would be the smart choice if you were make one for Rag, could Drop white Tathlum and WS in w/e you want.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-08 14:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive got a class to go to so gonna pull an Ironguy and head out:

DRK isnt holding hate off this enough to rely on getting hit :|
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-08 14:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Some, but its not smart relying on getting hit for your x-hits, with more than just you DD'ing you arent getting hit 100% of the time. If your ever put into an oldschool Merit party/Einherjar situation you definatley wont be getting hit 100% of the time.

See, that's the thing. For me, I use drk a fair amount, but it's almost always solo or duo. If I'm in a group situation, I'm on samurai or corsair. And if you figure AOE in as well, the times where a perfect x-hit is absolutely necessary further dwindles.

I don't argue that you should shoot for one. It's a great thing to have and you should aim to be ideal. But in reality, a lot of us can't focus on multiple jobs at keep them all 100% ideal.

The Atilla's earring thing is a fine middle ground, I have one around, I just never use it for the reasons above, though.

Moonshade was in context for Ragnarok. I don't have ANY moonshade yet, but it will be TP bonus when I do.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-08 18:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok gear should not contain critrate gear such as Claymore Grip. Bale Cuirass +2 is a viable option since it's a strong TP piece in high-hitrate situations, but further critrate gear will be devalued by Ragnarok's innate bonuses and none of DRK's relevant WS crit anyway. I'd be tempted to suggest Brave Grip pending proper information on the critrate bonuses but again, noncrit WS.

Asura.Haxetc said: »
I'm fairly confident that using Apoc and Calabolg as appropriate would make you universally superior to a Ragnarok DRK.
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2011-09-12 14:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I made sure to just cap haste and avoid using any crit gear. Tested on a campaign fort, should be sufficient to show the difference between an ordinary weapon and 90 Ragnarok.

Bahamut's Scythe - 1019 hits - Crit% 25.02 (255)

Ragnarok - 1008 hits - Crit% 35.62 (359)

Ragnarok w/ maintained Aftermath - 1040 hits - Crit% 43.37% (451)

Edit; This was all done on DRK, i had someone post the info on bg if you want to look at more detail; http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/106922-Ragnarok-Critical-Hit-Testing
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-12 14:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

43% crit rate with AM outside of abyssea is pretty damn impressive, thanks for the info, planning to get started on mine after a friend is done with his Aegis.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-09-12 14:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You accidentally posted this in the dark knight thread instead of Ragnarok server.

I don't often update all my gearsets but they're MOSTLY on my player page.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-12 14:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

43% crit rate with AM outside of abyssea is pretty damn impressive, thanks for the info, planning to get started on mine after a friend is done with his Aegis.
DRK is not going to have capped dDEX on anything that matters so ~10% base before gear critrate (Bale body) is a more reasonable figure. That's not necessarily a bad thing for Ragnarok though, diminishing returns etc. Your critrate with Ragnarok would thus be 20~22% before gear (CI is a little too wide to give an exact number but it's a damn sight better than what we had before) and probably ~8% higher with aftermath.

Thanks a ton for the info, it's much appreciated.
By xeca 2011-09-14 01:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ill have to test some sets once i finish my rag in a few weeks
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-09-15 04:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

LIBERATOR.
[+]