Buying Alexandrite
First Page 2
 Asura.Jadecc
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-09-05 00:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You may have seen my shouts. Buying Alexandrite 5k each. I know thats lower then whats being accepted atm but i dont have 100~200mil stashed away :( 4mil to my name right now! Farming dynamis currencies/empyreon pop sets for gil, and farming salvage of course! Help a puppetmaster get their Kenkonken! 2nd one on ffxiah that would actually be earned :(
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-09-05 00:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-05 00:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No offense, but wake up and smell the coffee :/ You honestly think people are gonna sell to you for 5k when they can get for 10k? I am making a mythic myself and I know the stupid prices now (main reason I just simply spam salvage, get 80+ a day). If you get a kind person that wants to help, gl, don't get your hopes up though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-05 00:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Converting cruor to gil is a snoozefest!
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-05 00:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
No offense, but wake up and smell the coffee :/ You honestly think people are gonna sell to you for 5k when they can get for 10k? I am making a mythic myself and I know the stupid prices now (main reason I just simply spam salvage, get 80+ a day). If you get a kind person that wants to help, gl, don't get your hopes up though.
I hold any/all alexandrite I get from my daily salvage and sell it to our whm who's trying to make a yagrush atm for 4.5k each, usually selling in bundles of 400~500. She helps with our salvages occasionally and doesn't ask for any gear other than what me and my friend both already have just so she can store it lol. If the op could work out some sort of relationship like that with someone they knew it might not be so bad ;/.
inb4 I'm an idiot for selling for 4.5k each, I know the current market price is stupid high, I just don't mind supporting a linkshell member with their goals. Hopefully there's someone of the same mentality in the op's situation.

As for direct advice to the op, look for a very steady means of income that's practically pure profit, without that you'll find yourself very very hard-pressed to get alexandrite on your budget as the current prices stand.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-05 00:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it was a joke when someone asked if I can lower the price of a dozen alex in my bazaar from 9k
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-05 00:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

know what grinds my gears though
the chiefs who send you /tells while you're in salvage, and despite you having told them like 10 times before in the past 3 days to piss off, they ask {Alexandrite} {Can I have it?} 4k at least 3 times within 1 salvage to everyone in your party

the irksomeness of that situation is beyond blood boiling
take note op: that's a quick way to get yourself blisted
fast
[+]
By Itze 2011-09-05 01:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Transfer to bahamut and pay for my account and you can have the 100 alex I got in storage.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-05 01:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't shout or send tells for Alexandrite, but I do bazaar *** like a motherfooker. It's 10k each on Lakshmi now, but I only have ~4000 left to go. I'm willing to farm the rest of it from Salvage if I have to, so I'm just holding gil until the update (unless I see some below 10k).
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-09-05 01:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I don't shout or send tells for Alexandrite, but I do bazaar *** like a motherfooker. It's 10k each on Lakshmi now, but I only have ~4000 left to go. I'm willing to farm the rest of it from Salvage if I have to, so I'm just holding gil until the update (unless I see some below 10k).

You should be able to get 40mil worth in a month from dynamis/combination of reducing that from daily salvage. I'd just buy the rest at 10k and you could finish soon :< I'm finding over 100 a day on levi just buying, and I know theres at least 2 or 3 other people buying.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-05 02:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 30 assaults, 65k NI tokens, and 90k Ampuoles to go. If I Salvage daily with my mule, I could literally solo the rest before I'll be done the other requirements.

Also, I have Twashtar 90 and it's a more functional 95 weapon than Terpsi probably will be. I'm saving gil for heavy metal plates.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-09-05 02:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 30 assaults, 65k NI tokens, and 90k Ampuoles to go. If I Salvage daily with my mule, I could literally solo the rest before I'll be done the other requirements.

Also, I have Twashtar 90 and it's a more functional 95 weapon than Terpsi probably will be. I'm saving gil for heavy metal plates.

Oh well in that case ya lol. those 90k ampoules will take you like 5 months to do :S
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-05 02:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends how they change Einherjar next patch. I'm hoping for something closer to 2 months (every day entrance), but we'll see.

And yeah, I made over 10mil in the last two days. xD
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-05 02:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends how they change Einherjar next patch. I'm hoping for something closer to 2 months (every day entrance), but we'll see.

Do tell ^0^
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-09-05 02:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

God I'd love that ; ; at 35k here myself and at this rate I'll finish even the alexandrite before the ichor..
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-05 07:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Do tell ^0^

3 KS99s and 3 Dynamises, 1 Speed belt, 3 Honey Wines, about 350 currency.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-09-05 08:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do tell ^0^

3 KS99s and 3 Dynamises, 1 Speed belt, 3 Honey Wines, about 350 currency.

All that but dynamis isnt steady gil though..just spike until you run out of ks.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-05 08:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

With the 2000 various seals I have left, it'd carry me through. But yeah, I'm doing other things as well.
 Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo
Server: Ragnarok
user: shimey
By Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo 2011-09-05 09:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes down to you you really only have 2 options..

1) spend the 8-12k for alexandrite
2) wait to see if there is an update

Personally..I dont have the patience to wait..SO i've been buying.. working on being the 3rd kenkonken on Ragnorak (atleast that I know of)
So i'm spending 8-9k on alexandrite. My income sucks but with voidwatch, dynamis and Abyssea income comes slowly but surely. Also working on crafting too, which sucks. Should start fishing..

Making gil is a snoozefest, but if you wanna finish you weapon you have to join the snoozefest.
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-09-05 10:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Im working as well on a mythic and im combining daily salvage with buying every alex i can see, been able to get gear to my friends and save alex = win!!

I'm hoping they let us augment salvage gear this update so ppl spam it more and there's more availability on alex (even if the price doesnt crash), should speed things up :D

And yeah, if you have a mule and you're a blu (or a DD for the matter, blu just rapes stuff), cruor pt in misa works wonders, my 2 favorite spots are @ the pulverizer ??? pulling orbitals and bombs (with the casual ephe) and colibri/bat (with casual ephe/leviathan), in 2 hours with a mule standing there u should be able at least to get 300k cruor on each char, do the choco blink quest and it turns around 1.5mill plus the sellables, not bad :p

And now about the mythic itself: i love bst and whm but i cant have both mythics >.<!!!
 Asura.Jadecc
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-09-05 12:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i'm buying as much as i can at whatever prices i can find.. i try and see if they will lower it, the cheaper they are the more i can buy in the long run, but if I have the gil, i'll buy lol. Thats pretty much why i'm trying to get gil to buy them. I salvage when i can lol.. and i'll try that cruor thing, i only have 1 mule tho, how much gil do you think u get per hour/3 hours of cruor farming on 2 characters after u convert it? I apparently really suck at dnc cuz i only get about 300k per dynamis run.. i dont have bst but bst is cheating anyway.
By Zeyphr 2011-09-05 12:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always make a large static group like 12 members, and have 4 groups of 3 (I usually do NIN THF RDM) and just go to all 4 zones and farm daily. Of course thats a lot of effort but hey, my old ls ldr tried it for a week wasnt all that bad, as long as ppl want gear. Your garunteed a lot of alex esp if you pass on gear
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-05 12:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were to duo salvage what would be the ideal two jobs? (for Alexandrite)
By Zeyphr 2011-09-05 12:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »

Would depend on the zone and the goal.. I've dualboxed all 4 zones as NIN RDM, but if your goal is just Alex then THF RDM would do good, SCH works too and probobly WHM if you can manage your MP wisely.

Alot of Alex comes from NM's and the boss. I tried RDM + NIN/THF in Zhaolyam Remnants which isnt as easy as you'd think.

I would think either WHM SCH RDM + NIN/THF and just do a normal run of NMs -> Megaboss and hope you get drops off Gears along the way
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-05 12:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeyphr said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »

Would depend on the zone and the goal.. I've dualboxed all 4 zones as NIN RDM, but if your goal is just Alex then THF RDM would do good, SCH works too and probobly WHM if you can manage your MP wisely.

Alot of Alex comes from NM's and the boss. I tried RDM + NIN/THF in Zhaolyam Remnants which isnt as easy as you'd think.

I would think either WHM SCH RDM + NIN/THF and just do a normal run of NMs -> Megaboss and hope you get drops off Gears along the way
Any zone better than the others? or what would be the easiest? I've done it with 6 people but that was years ago. It's been awhile lol
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-05 12:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I made four guides if you want to check it out. SSR is the most consistent. Bhaflau has the highest potential. Arrapago is pretty good but TH is very helpful. Zhayolm is the absolute worst zone to farm for Alexandrite, in my experience.

I farm SSR duo.
By Zeyphr 2011-09-05 12:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm well i usually trio it.. its either Arrapago or SSR.

My prefrance is SSR, main fact is AR just annoys me when i dualbox, para this, zzzing, have to wait a lot for qiqirns to run etc its just not my cup of tea.

SSR is more easy and well, farming gear for 2 people is a cake, almost every mob drops 2 cells +.

I usually rack up near 60-90 Alex before mega boss depends on drops, boss isnt to tough just Charm drags it on.
By Zeyphr 2011-09-05 12:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I made four guides if you want to check it out. SSR is the most consistent. Bhaflau has the highest potential. Arrapago is pretty good but TH is very helpful. Zhayolm is the absolute worst zone to farm for Alexandrite, in my experience.

I farm SSR duo.

This ^

Wouldn't try Bhaflau Remnants though, your either lucky or unlucky. Stick to SSR if you use my job settup
First Page 2