Forum » FFXI » General » Question.
Question.
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-04-18 08:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an application to the sky LS that I run.He is a cross server applicant.When he applied he listed 4-5lv 75 jobs. He said it would be 2 months before he could transfer to my server. He now claims that he was hacked and lost all of his gear and SE rolled his account back to where he only has 1 lvl 75 job.He said that SE does it to discourage people from hacking other players accounts.

I personally have no exp with getting hack, but I have never heard of SE rolling anybodys account back that far from getting hacked.

I think he is full of crap myself. I would like to know if anyone else has ever heard of SE rolling back a hacked account so far back that you lose your job levels?
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-04-18 08:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds a little more fishy than I would want to deal with in my linkshell.

Deny that app.

Anyone I've heard of being rolled back, got rolled back to a date right before they were hacked, and rarely lost anything if at all.
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-04-18 08:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My understanding is that they only roll the char back to just before it was hacked. They will not return gil or sellable items, but will bring back R/Ex stuff.

As for the level ***, unless he got 3-4 of those jobs 75 on that day or that week, it's BS that they would roll his job levels back to 1.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-04-18 08:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That just sounds too fishy, I would want to see some proof of this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rafoie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rafoie
By Quetzalcoatl.Rafoie 2009-04-18 08:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious answer: I got hacked, I talked to a .. poor GM. They wasted my "1 time request" a roll back thing. I got nothing, all my chars gone. Rerolled and now im relvling. from my experience: SE will do nothing. But from what Ive heard from other people, thats highly unlikely and no. hes bullshitting you.
 Hades.Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-04-18 08:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ya I figured that already. His app was denied yesterday.

I just wanted to see if anyone had ever heard of that being done. I pretty much wanted to make 100% sure that it wasn't possible.
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-18 09:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know a person that was hacked on my server. I ran with him on my last char in an endgame LS.
Apparently they gave him some dates for the character to be rolled back to, but they ended up rolling back further than what he wanted. He lost lots of gil and many levels. Even lost a 75BLM. I don't know if there were more 75s that were lost, I know he has a couple, but that's all I can remember.
Just throwing it out there.
 Lakshmi.Strey
Server: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-18 10:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That is kind of wierd and he has 0 pictures of his character before? Personally I am unsure, but if you can view his character on here you maybe able to check with equip History or somthing :o? I don't know maybe, but if he lost all of his gear he has a job to do be for he should be interested in endgame.
 Hades.Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-04-18 10:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

His profile is on here but it is blank. After I questioned his statments, looked @ his AH transations and found out that he has spent almost 2M in 2 days he hide his AH transactions.

Too shaddy for us. He has been denied. I just wanted to see if there was any truth to losing your lv 75 jobs due to being hacked.

Thanks for the input guys/girls. ^^
 Lakshmi.Strey
Server: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-18 10:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well lil differnt XD i lost them all when i tryed to recover my first accout years ago when hacking was higher SE was just like "No" >.>