Kaustra/Embrava
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-22 22:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

He wasn't trying to stay alive guise, that's why he tried to cast Gravity and Bind so he could die faster obv. He also had to 2hr and almost died the 2nd time, I guess my advice helped you tho ^.^
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-22 22:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna know what he edited out.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-22 22:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Oh the possibilities
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-09-22 22:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Oh the possibilities

You really, really don't. Trust me.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-22 23:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's him getting the abyssite I'll lol
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-09-23 00:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
one thing for sure i can solo more stuff than your silly blu
lol'd, no.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-23 10:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Hurt

Irony
-
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
You really had to post that twice? Nobody gives a ***you can deal more dmg on a single nuke when a BLM can rotate more than one, including blizzaja now and have an ability that sheds hate after doing so. Not to mention a lot of other uses a BLM has, just quit already.

U jelly bro?

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Your posts are as useless as ever. I used three, in a fight where you can't convert due to timer being down from his WS, the only way you are regaining that much MP back is from letting him charm you and doing it that way. Extremely risky and you would need a ton of luck, otherwise there is no other way to recover that much mp back. Three items that totaled like ~50k (25k vile+1, 10k vile and 10k hi elixir)
you still didn't say anything to backup that, still you used lots of pots, not to mention all your bluemage solos are not the big deal , even my mom can solo LVL 75 CONTENT now

+ all the hate comments from you on my youtube videos/screenshots comments, i love playing with your e-feelings, get over it, insert non lvl 75 content solo videos here
 Phoenix.Eckeward
Server: Phoenix
user: eckeward
By Phoenix.Eckeward 2011-09-23 13:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

...and back to the subject of the thread.

Kaustra is affected by Voidstorm and an Anrin Obi/Twilight Cape will help too.
Also the spell can suck(resist) on mobs like bats (high darkness resistance) so don't expect to be killing Caturae or Shinryu with it.

Voidstorm without Obi

(~15k in total) :)

Voidstorm with Obi

First one has a Pluto's staff equipped.

Although it's a Dark Magic spell, the damage seems to follow the normal Magic Damage Formula for Elemental Magic.
I'll get round to testing it properly :s
 Cerberus.Mystina
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-09-23 13:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Eckeward said: »
...and back to the subject of the thread.

Kaustra is affected by Voidstorm and an Anrin Obi/Twilight Cape will help too.
Also the spell can suck(resist) on mobs like bats (high darkness resistance) so don't expect to be killing Caturae or Shinryu with it.

Cataclysm works fine on Shinryu but the bigger question would be why bring SCH to either of those anyway.

Also Helix spells get the full benefit of day/weather without obi, i would assume Kaustra works the same way as helix spells, in other words, you may not need the obi. unless you noticed diffrent?
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-09-23 13:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Eckeward said: »
From my personal testing over the past 2 days:
Embrava lasts 5mins without Prepetuance.
Kaustra kicks ***.

I cast Haste and Embrava on my MNK friend the other day fighting Yaanei (pretty sure he has 25% in gear.) It was non-stop like Hundred Fists :D He got a bit upset actually, it made getting staggers harder with the mob dying so fast.

-----------

I was feeling geeky the other day and made a graph of Haste vs Relative attack rate, maybe here is a good place to put it. I was trying to work out what the name of this shape is.(It's a hyperbola ;))

It's interesting to see the increasing returns of Haste.
  • 25% (Full attack gear) will make you hit x1.33 as often.

• ~40% (Haste+Embrava) only x1.7

• 65% (Magic+Gear) Together ~x2.9

• 75% (+SAM Hasso) ~x4 attack rate. [Wait, someone get me a SAM in full Haste equipment right now!]

• 80% should be x5. (the difference 5% Haste makes,...)

I've just noticed the wiki says the magical haste cap is around 44%, which is roughly Haste + Embrava. I don't know how accurate that number is but,... March {Do you need it?}?^^

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
cap is 85%
Wiki said it was 80% but meh.

Sorry, my posts get long and pointless but the magic cap thing was probably relevant. ;)

Ok so then in a zerg situation. Ideally whats gonna be Song setup be besides the obvious Minuetx2(SV)?

Embrava+Adlo, Haste Spell, Perfect Defense, Minuetx2(Soul Voice), and???
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-23 17:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone knows if helix+ kaustra DoT effect stacks?
By Inuyasha 2011-09-23 18:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone knows if helix+ kaustra DoT effect stacks?
they do
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-23 18:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

stuff

[+]
 Bahamut.Meaikidou
user: Meaikidou
By Bahamut.Meaikidou 2011-09-25 09:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I havn't seen an equation for Embrava yet, but:
Enhancing Magic Skill 396: 54/tic Regen, 4/tic Regain
Enhancing Magic Skill 402: 58/tic Regen, 5/tic Regain
So at the very least, I believe SCH should try for ~400 Enhancing Magic Skill.
By Inuyasha 2011-09-27 16:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Meaikidou said: »
I havn't seen an equation for Embrava yet, but: Enhancing Magic Skill 396: 54/tic Regen, 4/tic Regain Enhancing Magic Skill 402: 58/tic Regen, 5/tic Regain So at the very least, I believe SCH should try for ~400 Enhancing Magic Skill.
speaking of aiming for ~400+ skill...whats the best enhancing set to break or get to 400?

also: whats the best dark magic set for Kaustra damage/DoT?
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-09-27 16:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyasha said: »
I havn't seen an equation for Embrava yet, but: Enhancing Magic Skill 396: 54/tic Regen, 4/tic Regain Enhancing Magic Skill 402: 58/tic Regen, 5/tic Regain So at the very least, I believe SCH should try for ~400 Enhancing Magic Skill.
speaking of aiming for ~400+ skill...whats the best enhancing set to break or get to 400?

also: whats the best dark magic set for Kaustra damage/DoT?
Try using this.
By Inuyasha 2011-09-27 16:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

speaking of aiming for ~400+ skill...whats the best enhancing set to break or get to 400? also: whats the best dark magic set for Kaustra damage/DoT?
Try using this.
meh..i already break 400 with my gearset for Embrava....

just wondering whats the optimal SET not just what individual PIECES i have to use....
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-09-27 16:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

speaking of aiming for ~400+ skill...whats the best enhancing set to break or get to 400? also: whats the best dark magic set for Kaustra damage/DoT?
Try using this.
meh..i already break 400 with my gearset for Embrava....

just wondering whats the optimal SET not just what individual PIECES i have to use....
Get all the enhancing you can get, then cram fast cast, conserve mp, haste, etc., basically whatever you prefer.

edit: I'll play nice, I will post my Kaustra set in a sec.
By Inuyasha 2011-09-27 17:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Try using this.
meh..i already break 400 with my gearset for Embrava.... just wondering whats the optimal SET not just what individual PIECES i have to use....
Get all the enhancing you can get, then cram fast cast, conserve mp, haste, etc., basically whatever you prefer.
ker...and Kaustra?
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-09-27 17:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Try using this.
meh..i already break 400 with my gearset for Embrava.... just wondering whats the optimal SET not just what individual PIECES i have to use....
ker...and Kaustra?
Hold your horses man.

(If you don't have Dark Weather on yourself, you are silly.)

Some upgrades I need to make:
avesta bangles
augur's gaiters

Edit: Switched Savant's instead of Vicious since Int supposed to affect more than MAB. Keeping Hecate's, Novio, and other big MAB pieces since it would prob take alot of Int to beat stuff like that.
By Inuyasha 2011-09-27 17:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Try using this.
ker...and Kaustra?
Hold your horses man. (If you don't have Dark Weather on yourself, you are silly.) Some upgrades I need to make: avesta bangles augur's gaiters
i need some heavy upgrading ;_; using Argute Pants for dark skill :/
edit: why the +2 hat?
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-27 17:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Try using this.
ker...and Kaustra?
Hold your horses man.

(If you don't have Dark Weather on yourself, you are silly.)

Some upgrades I need to make:
avesta bangles
augur's gaiters

Edit: Switched Savant's instead of Vicious since Int supposed to affect more than MAB. Keeping Hecate's, Novio, and other big MAB pieces since it would prob take alot of Int to beat stuff like that.
i don't think augur's gaiters will be better than af3+2 sch boots under klimaform effect, just saying
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-09-27 17:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Try using this.
ker...and Kaustra?
Hold your horses man. (If you don't have Dark Weather on yourself, you are silly.) Some upgrades I need to make: avesta bangles augur's gaiters
i need some heavy upgrading ;_; using Argute Pants for dark skill :/
edit: why the +2 hat?
Could use Dark Magic Skill hat I suppose. I know I use Ebullience on it regardless due to 2hour and all.

Oh yeah, Eman. Totally forgot about that.

Forgot to mention, Dark Damage Magian Staff would also be a big upgrade I can make.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-27 20:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

are we sure twilight cape affects it? i never got around to testing it.

edit: also lol, its awesome for AV, just killed it with kaustra, casted it at the start and he ended up perfect dodging at 15%, at which 2 nukes and the drain on kaustra finished him off.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-27 20:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

AV is really that much of a joke now?
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-09-27 20:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
are we sure twilight cape affects it? i never got around to testing it.

edit: also lol, its awesome for AV, just killed it with kaustra, casted it at the start and he ended up perfect dodging at 15%, at which 2 nukes and the drain on kaustra finished him off.

solo?!?!?!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-27 21:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
AV is really that much of a joke now?

Pretty much
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-27 21:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No not solo lol
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-09-27 21:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
No not solo lol
Then I am less impressed.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-27 21:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

if i had a smn's 2 hour i'd be more inclined to attempt this. but yeah kaustra is brutal on it.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10