Is FFXI Dying?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Is FFXI Dying?
Is FFXI Dying?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Ragnarok.Albender
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-04-17 05:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ishkur said:

Why else would they make 3 crap *** expantions with crappy story line.

So...You haven't seen the other two expansions yet you assume they are crap.

Your point proven *eyeballs*
 Garuda.Ishkur
Server: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-04-17 07:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Albender said:
Ishkur said:

Why else would they make 3 crap *** expantions with crappy story line.

So...You haven't seen the other two expansions yet you assume they are crap.

Your point proven *eyeballs*

I've seen the last 2 expantions, I just see a trend. I might be wrong... In the worse case I'll have a ***low expectation for these 2 and I'll enjoy them more. But I've just lost my faith.

If you were in Garuda I'd bet you 1M gil, that the other 2 will be just like this one. A "cool" story and nothing else, maybe another item. 10 USD for something you can beat in one afternoon... Damn I bought worms for my PS3 and I've played it longer than ACP. Even Megaman was longer <.<;; the item it's worth it, but yeah I still feel they are milking the cash cow with it.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-17 07:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Due to FFXI's ever changing game space, FFXI will take a LONG TIME to die.

All the expansions added more depth to the game, more storylines, more battles, more items.

As for the playerbase, we did lose a lot of great players due to pompousness/death/retardation/etc, and they're being replaced by n00bs.

SE has also done us the favor and banned many RMT accounts, which deflated the economy quite a bit, but maybe a bit too much.

Is FFXI dying? Yes, like a boxer that has taken too many Mike Tyson-like punches to the noggin. We all know that one punch is coming where FFXI's brain will liquify and ooze out the ears. But until that day comes, gotta keep on keepin' on!
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-04-17 07:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Enko said:
Yes it is.
The economy is broken, hitting 75 has become way too easy resulting in no real sense of achievement, crappy new expansions just to scrape a few more bucks out of the clients, free WOW type accounts. It goes on.

Sad but yes.

Ishkur said:
I think it is :X
and SE thinks that as well or at least that's what they show.
Why else would they make 3 crap *** expantions with crappy story line. While the current "major" expantion isn't even ready...
They might as well start selling game items for some cash... If they are so desperate in milking the cash cow.
I don't mind FF dying I am going to play it anyways. but it's not what it used to be. When having a 75 was actually an accomplishment. Ye Good Olde times! But not everything is bad there is stuff like nyzul which rock, they have implemented many good stuff, specially on ToAU imo.

well as long a SE doesn't get out another good MMORPG I'll be stuck with FF <3 I hope they've learned from this endeavor, not to make the same mistakes again

I expect some trolling for this but I am an open minded person <.<;;

I totaly agree personaly, 2 days ago i was farming with a friend & we were discussing about it, seriously SE apparently is making a new MMORPG, but unless of making a new online game they could remake somes new expentions again, not as crappy as lasts but with somes new areas such as Ronfaur/Gustenberg/Sarutasomething to the more dangerous ones, news maths to farm which will make new items/armors/weapon/wathever, new City etc, result?: we would see news players everyday "ahhh the good old time !", new areas to exp (from Lv1 to 75) somes news missions, rare/ex items/weapons/Armors, new HNMs "Because bots are boring in DA" ohh & ***! somes new maths to farm, = more synths/recipes & money to do.

I know ppl will find me fantasist, the 1st thing that will come in mind is "You are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE its like making a new mmorpg, since its a very big work they better make a new game lulz"

To the persons who'll see it with this pov, seriously how much FFs been made since so long ? don't you think there is a lot to do for the XI, & tbh, i'm not sure someone who play since years would like to see this game dieing cos of SE Lazyness, it would be a waste of time & bucks.
 Asura.Endelig
Server: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-17 07:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No
Nein
Geen
Нет
いいえ
沒有
Ingen
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-17 07:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why people keep complaining about the mini expansions. They were never suppose to be anything major. They were just to provide players with side stories. C'mon, people.
I don't think FFXI is actually dying. It's just a term the older players are using to describe the new era. I've seen about as much as the next person in line that's been playing since 2004 or longer. Yeah, lots of things have come and gone. Lots of friends and for certain lots of old techniques that are now obsolete. (SC/MB, anyone?) I still feel as if the game is still running strong.
In short, I will have to say: no.
 Ragnarok.Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-04-17 07:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly.
Mini-Expansion actually DOES mean MINI.
Not CoP ffs... >.>
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-04-17 07:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well hell, I'd hope nope. I just started playing this blasted game. Better not be dying anytime soon.
 Garuda.Ishkur
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-04-17 07:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Minix3 = expantion (at least in terms of money it will)
10USDx3 = 30USD
will it be as well in content? as Albender said they are not out yet... but I don't trust they will.

This is a marketing strategy, and this milking the cash cow it is a text-book concept. And this is what SE is doing, because these will be the last expantions on FF. SE is already working on the new MMORPG, rumors are everywhere.
Some LM-17 ppl are not comming back cuz they are waiting on it to come out.

when you do /sea all we are not near the numbers we had some years ago. and sooner or later FFXI will not be profitable and SE will shut it down, this is a business afterall.

EDIT:
I'd expect some loyalty to the customers from SE, but they've proven me wrong many many times. They still do great games >.<;;
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2009-04-17 08:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think ffxi is dying, but with half the production team now working on SE's new MMO Rapture i think xi is going to become a much smaller game. First thing i think will happen is they will start closing servers, oh wait, then start moving ppl into just a few servers. It wont die, but it will change.
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-04-17 08:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I played EQ for a few years before this came out. For those (if any) that were around EQ when it started dying, they started a desperate attemp to keep it up by shitting out 2-3 half assed expansions/mini-expansions a year, it as realy pathetic.

Hopefully i'm wrong, but I can't see FFXI around (or any players atleast) 2 years from now. And it makes me sad.

Someone start a private server we can all get to! D:
 Asura.Endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-17 08:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

pXI kind of sucks right now. SE needs to keep shitting out those minis so the devs have more time to work on it.
 Bahamut.Ragnell
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-17 08:33:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Tarutaru sucks
 Asura.Endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-17 08:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnell said:
Tarutaru sucks

Typical San d'Orian antitaruism.

User submitted image
 Ragnarok.Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-04-17 08:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I truly believe the game will last.

Not everyone playing today FFXI will move to Rapture.
For me, it's FFXI or back to offline videogames.

At the very end of everything, it's not going to cost them a fortune to maintain ONE server will all the FFXI freaks like me. I wouldn't even mind a higher monthly fee unless they go mad with like EUR 100 LOL.

I could live with EUR 20 for instance. It's not going to make a huge difference on my finance situation...

The few of us remaining will trash Dalmaticas and Adaman Hauberks. :D
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-17 08:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnell said:
Tarutaru sucks

{fact}
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-04-17 08:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI is becoming a victim of its own success, with such a vast choice of missions/jobs/quests based on teaming up with other players, its become caught up in a pitfall as there are less and less players now that the online gaming market is taking off, hence SE is taking desperate steps to keep players by introducing features such as level sync, npcs, fields of valour etc to allow players to feel they are still able to achieve something without having to wait hours to build a PT for something like CoP. Whilst I am FF till I die >.> I will also be spending a hell of alot of my FF time on the new Star Wars MMO when its released.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-17 08:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnell said:
Tarutaru sucks

Grrr.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-17 08:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sagittario said:
FFXI is becoming a victim of its own success, with such a vast choice of missions/jobs/quests based on teaming up with other players, its become caught up in a pitfall as there are less and less players now that the online gaming market is taking off, hence SE is taking desperate steps to keep players by introducing features such as level sync, npcs, fields of valour etc to allow players to feel they are still able to achieve something without having to wait hours to build a PT for something like CoP. Whilst I am FF till I die >.> I will also be spending a hell of alot of my FF time on the new Star Wars MMO when its released.

You're a United fan, you posted an awesome screenshot ridiculing PUP and you're also wise. Have my babies!
 Asura.Endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-17 09:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is dying.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-17 09:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet he can't even get through ZM4 without aggroing just about everything ;o
 Asura.Aaronus
user: aaronus
By Asura.Aaronus 2009-04-17 09:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think final fantasy xi is dying, but it maybe reaching it's technical limits for what Square Enix can do with it.
You have to keep in mind that final fantasy 11 original release was in japan for the PS2 in May of 2002, next month is May 2009. That 7 years of the original product release, with 4 major expansions and now 3 mini expansions. You could consider the 3 mini to be download content like all things have been going for the last few years. World of Warcraft has 3 expansions, but is 4 1/2 years old. Everquest is 10 years old with 15 expansions. FFXI will continue to operate and until Square Enix can no longer make money off it and or it is not practical to operate as such. Ultimately some server's may be shut down due to population gets to small. As for Asura, Remora, and Hades the newest 3 three servers, you can bet that will operate till the end because older hardware is harder and more costly to maintain and that new hardware has larger capacity to handle more players than the older.

I honestly think Final Fantasy XI has as long as Windows Vista has life. Being that Final Fantasy is a 32-bit game. While you can run it on 64-bit systems, there is no gain to do so and there are memory limits for Final Fantasy XI as a game. So when people can no longer run the game, on their PS2, PS3 (with PS2 ability), and all the Xbox360 hardware failures have happen, and Windows Vista End of Life comes around. Then you could see the real end of Final Fantasy XI.

So you got time left, at least 3 years given Everquest has operated 10 years as the 1st successful MMO, and at most Microsoft Windows Vista, Xbox360 and Windows 7 end of extend support cycles hit their end dates. If WIndows 7 can run Final Fantasy XI without any major problems, then you could see at most 2014-2015 Final Fantasy will end there, because Windows7 Operating System will outlast a PS2, PS3 and the frequent Xbox360 hardware failures that will occur.

And finally, it takes all of us playing this game to keep it alive, when we quit playing it. It dies.

This is isn't a nerdy post, this is reality of technology and making money folks.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-17 09:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

nerd.
 Asura.Aaronus
user: aaronus
By Asura.Aaronus 2009-04-17 09:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
nerd.

And I make good money at it being a nerd, Do you?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-17 09:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. FFXI is dieing. Please transfer all gil from your main character and any mules to Hypnotizd on Garuda before cancelling your Content ID. Thank you.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-17 09:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop feeding into this junk, she only made the thread to get attention to make 10 pages...

Seriously we all know that its not dying, its just being revamped too much to please those that wanna make the game easy.
 Asura.Icon
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-17 09:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer is: FFXI reached its pinnacle with Treasures. After that story arch was complete the game started on a long downhill tread to the proverbial light. It will still be years and years before people would ever consider it dead, but it will come and it will not get any better than ToAU44.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-17 09:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaronus said:
Excesspain said:
nerd.

And I make good money at it being a nerd, Do you?

Haha actually I do, the "this isn't a nerdy post" just gave me the urge to call you a nerd :D
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-17 09:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
The answer is: FFXI reached its pinnacle with Treasures. After that story arch was complete the game started on a long downhill tread to the proverbial light. It will still be years and years before people would ever consider it dead, but it will come and it will not get any better than ToAU44.

I would say it peaked at CoP. I had WAY more fun doing those missions then anything else in the game so far. Especially watching Prishe dropkick the ***out of Promathia. Everytime she did it cracked me up.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-17 09:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:

Speaking of ToAU44 I defeated Alexander last night for the second time. That still is a fun fight=)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11