Bomb Core Or Fire Bomblet?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Bomb Core or Fire Bomblet?
Bomb Core or Fire Bomblet?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-25 16:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I notice there is a certain preference for each of these ammo slots...Which one is usually worth full-timing for DRK?

Personally I use a Bomb Core for Caladbolg setup, though I have tried Fire Bomblet when I was still using Scythe.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-08-25 16:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Only place you should need acc is on harder Heroes mobs and Voidwatch, otherwise go for the attack.
By veddertehtaco 2011-08-25 18:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quez! use the calc app gosh darnit! i use it fulltime just because im waiting on the 99 cap to really make end decisions but i swap it out for core on torc, u just dont see it in my tor gear as it swaps in/out very quickly unlike my body/head/ etc
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-25 20:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss you, taco! ; ;
By veddertehtaco 2011-08-26 02:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

couple more days an ill be back, that is until i get my new work schedules/postings
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-26 03:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are using Caladbolg white tathlum is the best ammo to use in that slot, otherwise stick with a Bomb Core.
[+]
 Valefor.Omerta
Server: Valefor
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2011-08-26 03:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said: »
If you are using Caladbolg white tathlum is the best ammo to use in that slot, otherwise stick with a Bomb Core.

I dont have a White tath, but I use Babiki Shell, am i right in assuming that the Vit will help out more on Torc Than the Bomb Cores attack?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-26 03:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omerta said: »

I dont have a White tath, but I use Babiki Shell, am i right in assuming that the Vit will help out more on Torc Than the Bomb Cores attack?

No.

Stick with Bomb Core for Torcleaver, even with Last Resort up chances are you arent capping attack. Yes its a 60% mod but Torcleaver does not have pDif Bonus like Spinning Slash/Ground Strike so attack is your biggest benefactor for Torcleaver.

White tathlum makes it so you can Weaponskill in whatever you want for your build, if you don't have one you can use Attila's earring to maintain a proper X-hit but you will have to weaponskill in Rajas.

These are my current sets:

TP:

WS: LR Down

WS: LR Up

Edit:

Also on higher level NMs you are generally better off sticking with the higher attack build even with Last Resort up.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2011-08-26 03:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omerta said: »

No.

Stick with Bomb Core for Torcleaver, even with Last Resort up chances are you arent capping attack. Yes its a 60% mod but Torcleaver does not have pDif Bonus like Spinning Slash/Ground Strike so attack is your biggest benefactor for Torcleaver.

White tathlum makes it so you can Weaponskill in whatever you want for your build, if you don't have one you can use Attila's earring to maintain a proper X-hit but you will have to weaponskill in Rajas.

These are my current sets:

TP:

WS: LR Down

WS: LR Up

Edit:

Also on higher level NMs you are generally better off sticking with the higher attack build even with Last Resort up.
I saw your sets, some very nice gear :)
Im missing a few bits, as it stands, I have:

TP Set:

Torcleaver Set:

I usually rely on VV Regain to maintain a 7 hit (i know its not the best but i never play DRK outside abyssea, and in abyssea its rare i play then :( )

Edit*

Its not an 80 Caladbolg >.< lol
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-26 03:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You're using Seashell for TP?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-26 03:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have a Varangian helm? I would use that over Abyss head if you do until you can get your hands on Twilight Helm, also yea you definatley want a bomb core. Jingang Greaves w/e you can get them as well.

If you can get a blitz ring I would use that over hoard, and swap out bale earring for Attila's earring its a better trade off if you don't have a white tathlum.

Other than that your build looks pretty solid.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2011-08-26 04:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh really? Yeah i have all them actually, ill swap to that and try it out now :) thanks :)