Returning Bonecrafter.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Bonecraft » Returning Bonecrafter.
Returning Bonecrafter.
By Rivers 2011-08-22 13:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I just re-activated my account after almost three years and boy how the times change! I have Bonecraft at 100+3 but now I know there are even more GP items. Is there any new ways to get GP? Or is it just the same old grind as before?

I was also wondering about synergy. Is it worth it? Expensive?
 Shiva.Equilibrium
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Equilibrium 2011-08-22 13:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Synergy is incredibly cheap to skill up if you keep failing the synth, you'll get skill ups and it will only cost you fewell.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-22 13:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You won't need much GP to make the new GP item (15k gp I think), but that GP item is just an ingredient used in the synergy recipe for a crafting stall. The stall is a furniture that adds, iirc, +5 to your skill. This will allow you to reach new tiers on some synths vthat actually sell fairly well (hecatomb cap -1 comes to mind).
By Wojo 2011-08-22 13:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Synergy is cheap and easy. Its actually too easy and does not provide any of the stimulation that normal crafting provides.

Imagine a crafting system that provides a 0.1 skill-up every 2 minutes of continuous enter keying. Thats synergy.
[+]
By Rivers 2011-08-22 14:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kirana - what about the signboard and the Bonecrafters tools? Do they add anything?

@Equilibrium & Wojo - is it worth it to level up in your opinions?

Also thank you ro all three for the replies :)
 Cerberus.Tupsimati
Server: Cerberus
user: Tups215
By Cerberus.Tupsimati 2011-08-22 15:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Synergy is good to lvl if you want to make some real gil some craft still ok i know smithing is dead w/o synergy
 Shiva.Equilibrium
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Equilibrium 2011-08-22 15:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Rivers said: »
@Equilibrium & Wojo - is it worth it to level up in your opinions?
I'm not much of a crafter, I would imagine you could make alot more gil on the new recipies involving synergy, certainly enough to make back the amount you invested to skill up Synergy.

Really it depends if you have the patience to skill it up or not.
By Rivers 2011-08-24 10:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I any find any info on the signboard and tools furniture items adding +Bonecraft, are these just decorative pieces?

Also if I wanted to get leather workers gloves do I just switch guilds and lose my GP for Bonecraft? Or are there more repercussions than that?
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-08-24 10:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tupsimati said: »
Synergy is good to lvl if you want to make some real gil some craft still ok i know smithing is dead w/o synergy

Other than Alcide's Harness, I don't think Synergy offers much to a Veteran Bonecrafter (at least yet). Synergy is much more profitable if you're Smithing or Goldsmithing main, I believe.