The Cancer Thats Killing The FFXI Economy?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The cancer thats killing the FFXI economy?
The cancer thats killing the FFXI economy?
First Page 2 3
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: niktod
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-04-16 10:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the general idea is in the topic title.

I dont believe the gillies are behind the current economic downfall. At the worst gillies were keeping the prices of crafted/farmed items up if i recall correctly and were continuously putting in gil in the system as they were mass selling items to NPCs. Of course some of the gillies had different tactics.

So today, everyone wants their piece of the pie obviously and they want it at any cost. A few crafters digging their own holes by selling items less than they are worth, farmers keeping the prices of mats up making the synths unworthy (with the crafters undercutting/farmers keeping it up combination). etc etc etc.

Even SE is massively introducing rare/ex equipment that can replace a ton of craftable items... which mat's were farmed and sold by ppl, and products were made and sold by crafters, keeping the cycle of gil exchange alive.

So where is this economy going with no one (especially SE) helping it live?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-16 10:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

"gillies"?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-16 10:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe everyone is a factor for the economy. There's some who buy low and sell high, there's some who lower or raise the prices, etc. It's a big cycle from every player. With new expansions, battle areas, etc. that have came out since before the whole banning of rmt, we didnt have alot of items to upgrade etc.

Now we have salvage, new augment system, etc. and now you need gil to get the items you want.

It was easier then to make gil since it had bout 1-2 expansions, now with the updates, expansions now, its tougher so you gotta work harder to get the gil you need.

Of course we have successful business players and make their gil, but those who dont have it just end up doing what they can to make gil.

It will always fluctuate in my opinion.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-16 10:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Serbzook said:

All those augmentable gears that change to Ra/Ex with crap stats seem to be good for crafters IMO. People will want to keep trying for the best or better stats and have to junk the bad ones in the process. That increases demand and increases prices helping the economy.
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-04-16 10:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

True, but hasnt SE, in an effort to chase the gill sellers (gillies for hypnotized) made mostly 99% of possibly farmable stuff so unattractive that at the same time they chased away the honest player? where does this slow destruction of the economy end.

By all means you *must* have tons of time on your hand if you want to make some gil in this game today unless you are relying on the key few spamed markets that are mostly subject to undercutting by the impatient players
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-04-16 10:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Serbzook said:

All those augmentable gears that change to Ra/Ex with crap stats seem to be good for crafters IMO. People will want to keep trying for the best or better stats and have to junk the bad ones in the process. That increases demand and increases prices helping the economy.

i am not too familiar with all the ways to augment the items. and i was hoping that it would be the way you just said it now. tho the coffer that you pop in the tenshodo takes 1 key item and has a possibility of giving you a craftable item, tho it does not require you of purchasing this one, once again digging another person's revenue down. (tho am not sure of the other methods of augmentation?)
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-04-16 10:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Serbzook said:

From what I can tell from hearing/watching people the majority just find some random peice of gear in there mog house or something, go do an elite training reg, get crap stats, toss it and just say oh well that was fun.

I have only seen maybe one or 2 people actually going and buying something over and over and over trying to get the exact stats they want on something.

This is all just in my experience tho, please advise me otherwise of anyones else's experience.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-16 10:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Serbzook said:
Hypnotizd said:
Serbzook said:

i am not too familiar with all the ways to augment the items. and i was hoping that it would be the way you just said it now. tho the coffer that you pop in the tenshodo takes 1 key item and has a possibility of giving you a craftable item, tho it does not require you of purchasing this one, once again digging another person's revenue down. (tho am not sure of the other methods of augmentation?)

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Field_Parchment
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-16 10:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we just change the name of FFXIAH to simply /b/?

Thats definatly what it seems like its coming to..
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-16 10:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you look at it when FF came out in the first few years items were limited so those items were a ***load of gil.

For example:

The Scorpion Harness was just 15 mil for a NQ, the items that were needed to get that were rare to get at that time. Red moko was a competition against others for harvesting points, D Claw was basically hoped to drop from Genbu, etc.

Now there's more NM's, mobs, and things changed for those items to be worth it. Back then SH was one of the best pieces to get, now we kinda laugh at it cause there's better options, so the value dropped dramatically and the items to farm were easier to get now.

Look at the imp wootz ingots and khroma ore, before update, 1 mil for an ingot and khroma at around 340k a piece. after update: 220k for Khroma ore and 750k for ingot because now we can get those items in other places that SE brought in.

I believe SE tries to bring something out, see what raises and ppl try to manipulate, then makes it easier to lower the price by adding newer things to the game.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-16 10:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember paying 300k for my Brown Belt, 350k for my Scorpion Harness, and 900k for my O.Kote(I hated camping NMs back then). Now the prices dropped, SH is round 175k or so, and O.Kote was selling for 700k at some point.
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-04-16 10:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Can we just change the name of FFXIAH to simply /b/?

Thats definatly what it seems like its coming to..

funny enough i did get inspired by the classic "the cancer thats killing /b/"
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-16 10:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually ... keeping raw goods and intermediate goods at a steady price while the demand and/or costs for normal goods are diminished is actually bad. It does not encourage people to buy the raw and intermediate goods at a healthy pace causing a lag in the price of the normal good with less people making the normal good and the demand remaining constant causing a lack of the good to be sold. So when there are none of a particular good normally the price would raise up, but people would be less apt to buy said good for the price that it would need to be. Also people would be less apt to make the good because it would be a loss of money. With no money exchanging hands the economy becomes stagnant and in an open economy that is very bad and all caused by the price of the intermediate and raw goods being set in an open market. Typically this is done buy a group of cohorts who all agree on the "correct" price and not letting the free market dictate the price .... you've been learned.
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-04-16 10:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

another reason for s.harness price fall was that ppl were tricked into thinking they cant get a T1 on the subcraft for the longest of times, making ppl that knew the truth sick rich in the meanwhile. but yeah then better items came out.

For such an old game id expect SE to know if they introduce this and that they would kill off the economy, but by this time im just thinking we are guinea pigs for their next mmorpg.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-16 10:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they also go by what ppl complain about too in my opinion. If people bitched to them over and over how bad something is, they eventually change it. It's some of the players who want to make this game more easy while the others want it fun and challenging.

If you want easy go to WoW. I liked the game alot before things were made simple to get.
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-04-16 10:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

no one said anything about fixing a price, the problem relies more on price of mats going up while the crafted product goes down, where is the logic in that...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-16 10:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Prices went down over the years due highly to the banning of many RMT accounts. People bitching to SE was the reason CoP got nerfed. *** grow a pair of peaches people!
 Cerberus.Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-04-16 10:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Well they also go by what ppl complain about too in my opinion. If people bitched to them over and over how bad something is, they eventually change it. It's some of the players who want to make this game more easy while the others want it fun and challenging.

If you want easy go to WoW. I liked the game alot before things were made simple to get.

Aly, you took the worlds right out of my mouth.

That is exactly why I have always played his game over WoW. I loved the challenge of it, but nowadays, I don't know, It's really starting to bother me the way things have changed..
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-04-16 10:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:

well by introducing a crap load of rare/ex items that replace the craftable items... is this making it easier on ppl or harder? id say in the long run a lot harder as who is making gil from said items and mats now? But sure now you can enjoy the game having the best rare/ex items (sounds pretty easy to me).

Theres a line between easy and plain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-16 10:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Serbzook said:
Alyria said:

well by introducing a crap load of rare/ex items that replace the craftable items... is this making it easier on ppl or harder? id say in the long run a lot harder as who is making gil from said items and mats now? But sure now you can enjoy the game having the best rare/ex items (sounds pretty easy to me).

Theres a line between easy and plain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

I say harder, especially Rare/Ex items at 60+ that drop from the Devil's ***.
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-04-16 10:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

there is also the problem with each rare/ex item introduced to replace a craftable item, you get the AH spamed with thees replaced items, clients, unlike crafters, not caring about the price downfall and just wanting to get rid of the item and get out a little piece of gil out of it.
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-04-16 10:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Serbzook said:
Alyria said:

I say harder, especially Rare/Ex items at 60+ that drop from the Devil's ***.

well once you get that rare/ex item you are practically done... but you still need the food/nin tools/other consumable items, so what are you going to farm? the mats that were used to make that crafted item you just replaced with the rare/ex one? yeah ok that does sound harder from this perspective, but more enjoyable? hell no.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-16 10:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not necessarily, that one item piece could be just a macro piece or we have to get other pieces to make up for certain ws's and abilities etc.
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-04-16 10:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Not necessarily, that one item piece could be just a macro piece or we have to get other pieces to make up for certain ws's and abilities etc.

well true, but not necessarily. I just believe the gil exhange system has just evolved into something highly unstable and in a big pain in the *** with all the new game updates. Be it the rare/ex gear or SE's changes to the game in an effort to chase the gillies away.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-16 11:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you can't always catch the GS, most are just ppl playing the game and play it off cause they are just like you and me. lol GS arent robots irl, yes some can be dumb and make mistakes but then there are some who can just be your friend and you dont know. lol
 Unicorn.Callysto
Server: Unicorn
user: Callysto
By Unicorn.Callysto 2009-04-16 11:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a big problem is lack of accessibility for relatively new players. Farming is basically non existant. nobody does traditional parties anymore. If your not Pld Rdm Drg or Sam not many ppl if any want you in their parties.

You can't get expansioo storylines dones without being a part of an end game shell at that is rare to boot. And if your an outsider you have to sell your soul to sky or sea or dynamis in hopes that "one day" you'll be rewarded with sometthing and/or finally get the mission done.

so all of that creates a glass cieling for people to do random same stuff like constantly hunt utsusemi ni scrolls and undercut each other. I watched it go from 425k down to 300 k in a matter of 24 hours.

There's like no variety of items past the "run of the mill popular stuff"

I'm aware of the need to get as much as you can fast as you can. But it's kinda messed up that now from 50 to 75 you party tier 1-2-3 colibris.

i'm reading the postings here and most of you sound like multi year veterans. I'm one year in and the game isnt even the same as it was 6 months ago.

Maybe I'm just a stupid noob, but that's my observation so far.
 Cerberus.Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-04-16 11:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Callysto said:
I think a big problem is lack of accessibility for relatively new players. Farming is basically non existant. nobody does traditional parties anymore. If your not Pld Rdm Drg or Sam not many ppl if any want you in their parties.

You can't get expansioo storylines dones without being a part of an end game shell at that is rare to boot. And if your an outsider you have to sell your soul to sky or sea or dynamis in hopes that "one day" you'll be rewarded with sometthing and/or finally get the mission done.

so all of that creates a glass cieling for people to do random same stuff like constantly hunt utsusemi ni scrolls and undercut each other. I watched it go from 425k down to 300 k in a matter of 24 hours.

There's like no variety of items past the "run of the mill popular stuff"

I'm aware of the need to get as much as you can fast as you can. But it's kinda messed up that now from 50 to 75 you party tier 1-2-3 colibris.

i'm reading the postings here and most of you sound like multi year veterans. I'm one year in and the game isnt even the same as it was 6 months ago.

Maybe I'm just a stupid noob, but that's my observation so far.

^ This
 Asura.Endelig
Server: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-16 11:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Callysto said:

Don't forget imps.
 Odin.Dryzt
Server: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-04-16 11:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Endelig said:
Callysto said:

Don't forget imps.

well they do give you amnesia...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3