Merits For DRG.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Merits for DRG.
Merits for DRG.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-18 21:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly, back when i had 5/5 DB, i used it in parties/groups religeously offensivly. Like warriors charge for drg. Solo, I used it to do things like chain 5 or 6 greater colibri (along with angon). You get to the last mob you HAVE to zerg down super fast to keep chain, i couldnt afford to heal myself a bunch and keep chain, so I used DB so that I could shave off one less cure during the final chain. Angon mob, beat it down, get to lower than normal HP, DB>heal finish mob for nice chain.

But other than that, i didnt really use it to "save" myself. Id use it when I or someone in my party unweakened, or to heal mnks. Otherwise i didnt use it much for actual oh ***moments. THe delay is to precious when your borderline death. But now we have a 1min insta breath without cast times /mage or /dd so i havent needed it.

Thus i remerited. As for strafe, when im solo, no body cares anyway and im probably raping whatever im killing. Groups is when my wyvern might actually die. That is also when i have shell/buffs etc. For me, when my wyvern might actually die is also when i have buffs to help it live. Im loving empathy now. Also, the buffs arent random, its from left to right and doesnt copy buffs it already has. So if you have pro/shell/brd song/haste and 2 empathy, the 1st will copy pro/shell. Second one will skip pro/shell and do brd/haste. 4empathy gets all of em at once.

Angon helps me/group kill faster than wyvern breath acc bonus. Empathy keeps it alive better so my spirit/soul jumps kick *** instead of suck. Besides, if wyvern is dead, strafe aint helpin no one.
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2011-08-18 23:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Derekroy said: »
I won't even mention group 1 merits since I'm hoping everyone does the same thing. Group 2 I did 5/5 Angon, 2/5 Deep Breathing, and 3/5 Empathy. Only reason I didn't put more into DB, is for the pure fact if you gear your DRG correct with the proper wyvern hp+ gear for your Healing Breath, you're gonna be pretty hard to take down unless you're being one shot. Especially after your wyvern levels up to it's max, you'll be curing your self for the hp you're missing which makes the boost from DB overkill and almost useless unless in dire need.

How does your Wyvren level up and how I tell when it is maxed?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-18 23:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kolvar said: »

How does your Wyvren level up and how I tell when it is maxed?

Every 200 EXP it will give you a message "____ parameters have increased"... something like that. This caps at 1000 EXP, thus 5 level ups. Gives 24% more HP, improving healing breath. Also helps acc, attack. Resets every time you zone / Call Wyvern
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-18 23:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

An interesting and nice thing, mobs in areas that didn't use to give exp such as dyna so your wyvern can level up.
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-08-19 12:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if deep breathing has lost a lot of its luster, that won't suddenly make strafe good. Especially after 1000 exp I'd imagine DB would still come out ahead of strafe damage wise AND works for healing breath.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-19 12:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Korialstrasz said: »
Even if deep breathing has lost a lot of its luster, that won't suddenly make strafe good. Especially after 1000 exp I'd imagine DB would still come out ahead of strafe damage wise AND works for healing breath.
This largely depends on what your fighting. Anything really high level is going to get more out of strafe because your breaths will get resisted in to the ground. Anything that needs no acc will benefit from DB cause well... in that case strafe does nothing.

I still think that empathy will destroy both of them provided you're getting buffed.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-19 16:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Anything really high level is going to get more out of strafe because your breaths will get resisted in to the ground. Anything that needs no acc will benefit from DB cause well... in that case strafe does nothing.

Just a clarification.

Not quite. DB is like an elemental and divine seal combined. It not only buffs damage, but virtually gurantees no resist on the enhanced breath even on HNMs (i dont recall ever seeing an actual resist using it, it may be 95% capped or something dumb though). So on HNMs when your breaths are utter crap, DB still gives the bigger breath and no resist on it for the same damage you see on exp/trash mobs. DB works on basically any target no matter what for full effect.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-19 17:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
Quote:
Anything really high level is going to get more out of strafe because your breaths will get resisted in to the ground. Anything that needs no acc will benefit from DB cause well... in that case strafe does nothing.

Just a clarification.

Not quite. DB is like an elemental and divine seal combined. It not only buffs damage, but virtually gurantees no resist on the enhanced breath even on HNMs (i dont recall ever seeing an actual resist using it, it may be 95% capped or something dumb though). So on HNMs when your breaths are utter crap, DB still gives the bigger breath and no resist on it for the same damage you see on exp/trash mobs. DB works on basically any target no matter what for full effect.
Even more reason to never touch strafe.