Squeenix Might Be Planning To Drop "Enix"

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Squeenix might be planning to drop "Enix"
Squeenix might be planning to drop "Enix"
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-17 20:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

4chan is the home of the internet hate machine
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-17 20:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
Psycho Slip said: »
Can't forget the Triforce, either.

Obviously.

>:(

:)
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-17 20:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

greek lol
By slipispsycho 2011-08-17 20:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said: »
I remember some guy saying he was sexually attracted to his niece and posted a picture of her, and pretty much everyone on /b/ at the time contacted the niece with pictures of him saying it. She only had one uncle lol.

It was pretty funny, he came on a few days later saying he got kicked out of his house.
I don't know if this was 4chan, but there was also this dude asking if it was normal for him to use his sister's panties while masturbating, they somehow figured out who he was and told his parents..
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2011-08-17 20:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember some guy saying he was sexually attracted to his niece and posted a picture of her, and pretty much everyone on /b/ at the time contacted the niece with pictures of him saying it. She only had one uncle lol.

It was pretty funny, he came on a few days later saying he got kicked out of his house.
I don't know if this was 4chan, but there was also this dude asking if it was normal for him to use his sister's panties while masturbating, they somehow figured out who he was and told his parents..

/b/ will find you

O.O
 Phoenix.Vael
Server: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-08-17 20:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember some guy saying he was sexually attracted to his niece and posted a picture of her, and pretty much everyone on /b/ at the time contacted the niece with pictures of him saying it. She only had one uncle lol. It was pretty funny, he came on a few days later saying he got kicked out of his house.

Nah that was SA, pre-4chan 4chan.

XII was the best example of what FF should be. More men and less crying.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-17 20:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Vael said: »
What is a man?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 20:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

well, Vaan looks like a crossdresser, but yes.
The reason people hated XII was because you went from an archaic engine (Final Fantasy X)

This engine

to a freaking MMORPG:

Final Fantasy XII resembles an MMORPG. If it was released today (as in for the modern gamers), it would sell fast
edit: better pic
edit2: better caption
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 20:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
What is a man?

FTFY.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-17 21:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

HOLY KENTUCKY FRIED ***STICKS!!! *** a bunch of 4chan! I'm pretty sure there is a girl from high school I know who is posted on that site!

She was the daughter of a Methodist minister, and we had to run hills in athletics because she and another girl made out with each other in front of the basketball team. (Not surprised she's there, if that was definitely her.) WTF?!?

What is wrong with people?!? ACK! Why did I look?!? I hate you all!
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 21:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
HOLY KENTUCKY FRIED ***STICKS!!! *** a bunch of 4chan! I'm pretty sure there is a girl from high school I know who is posted on that site!

She was the daughter of a Methodist minister, and we had to run hills in athletics because she and another girl made out with each other in front of the basketball team. (Not surprised she's there, if that was definitely her.) WTF?!?

What is wrong with people?!? ACK! Why did I look?!? I hate you all!
We warned you.
 Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-08-17 21:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

well, Vaan looks like a crossdresser, but yes. The reason people hated XII was because you went from an archaic engine (Final Fantasy X) This engine to a freaking MMORPG: Final Fantasy XII resembles an MMORPG. If it was released today (as in for the modern gamers), it would sell fast edit: better pic edit2: better caption

They hated it for many more reasons than that. I know, because I was one of the haters. I didn't understand the concept of an ensemble cast and just came out of loving X (and XI) and wanting to show my girlfriend what Final Fantasy is supposed to be like. Its storyline did not support that cause, so I ended up showing her X which she bawled to. Until recently I hated XII, but now every fault I found with it has been replaced with love - storyline included. The people who hated its story didn't know what story was, it was a drama, acted out with a wonderful cast. The typical FF fan (myself included) is all about saving the world.

@ Vaan, he was added b/c SE told Yasumi Matsuno to make the main character androgynous in line with the rest of the series; it supposedly sells better to their fanbase (ugh). Originally Basche was going to be the main character.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-17 21:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We warned you.

1. I didn't think that it would have pics like that on it!

2. I didn't think I would ever see a picture like that of someone that I might know!

/pulls hair out
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 21:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't FFXII's storyline also about politics and philosophy?
If it's about philosophy......
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 21:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps the most interesting thing about XII was that there was no particular leader or protagonist in the main story. It kind of gave you the chaotic and unpredictable stance of not knowing the outcome or predictable nature of there being a "hero" to "overcome" trials and hardships given the scenario. Which makes total sense because the story revolved around a war; which frankly was a refreshing change of pace from your typical FF stance of protagonist vs antagonist to save the world with randomly injected romance themes therein.

Having everyone at mercy of the tides within the progressing storyline and developing based on that put a very interesting perspective of how Final Fantasy can tell stories that I originally had no idea was even possible through a video game.
 Valefor.Annikahansen
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Annikahansen 2011-08-17 21:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a man?

what was SA?
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-17 22:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a man?

*glasstoss* but enough talk...
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 23:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Annikahansen said: »
What is a man?

what was SA?

Something Awful.
 Valefor.Annikahansen
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Annikahansen 2011-08-17 23:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Something Awful.
ooooooooooooooooooh...i feel stupid now lol
By Meenners 2011-08-17 23:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

this actually kinda hot in my crazy a$$ opinion lol
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-17 23:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that there is no hero is why FFXII failed in my opinion. I like the story quite a bit, but the characters were just horrible. I couldn't relate to them very well because none of them were fleshed out much, and the "protagonist" isn't even a protagonist, just some guy along for the ride. What a weird cast.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-08-17 23:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Meenners said: »

this actually kinda hot in my crazy a$$ opinion lol

By slipispsycho 2011-08-17 23:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I second the ...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-18 00:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
The fact that there is no hero is why FFXII failed in my opinion. I like the story quite a bit, but the characters were just horrible. I couldn't relate to them very well because none of them were fleshed out much, and the "protagonist" isn't even a protagonist, just some guy along for the ride. What a weird cast.
Am I the only one that was put off by the fact the entire intro was like a rehash of Episode One? I really can't get past that, no matter how many people tell me it's a great game.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-08-18 03:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

hope I'm not repeating something someone already pointed out but i couldn't find it on last couple pages so here XD
Hvinire said:
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in here for a little clarification on the topic:

While there have been articles speculating about our trademark registrations of single words and groups of words included in our brands, and SQUARE ENIX specifically, we have no plans to change our company name or branding.

From a thread about this same subject on XIV official forums
 Ragnarok.Madmaxximist
By Ragnarok.Madmaxximist 2011-08-18 04:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked Dragon Quest Swords Heim ; ; lol
 Fenrir.Tsuji
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2011-08-18 13:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if they did split up (which is not likely), it wouldn't matter anyway. The core people that allowed the company to shine are largely gone. Sakaguchi, the man himself behind FF, voluntarily left the company before they merged. Then it really went downhill. Even Nobuo Uematsu is not scoring for the games all the time any more either. So I am sure we can all just agree that we will not get to rekindle our love for Square / Square Co. / Squaresoft. It's gone and it ain't coming back.
By Artemicion 2011-08-18 13:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tsuji said: »
Even if they did split up (which is not likely), it wouldn't matter anyway. The core people that allowed the company to shine are largely gone. Sakaguchi, the man himself behind FF, voluntarily left the company before they merged. Then it really went downhill. Even Nobuo Uematsu is not scoring for the games all the time any more either. So I am sure we can all just agree that we will not get to rekindle our love for Square / Square Co. / Squaresoft. It's gone and it ain't coming back.

It took me about 6-7 years to come to terms with this :/
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-08-18 13:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree, everyone that made SE's older games good, are pretty much still there. Sakaguchi didn't do much past FFV or so. 1-5 all pretty much suck except for IV which is decent and V is only good for the job system.

Uematsu still composes, and Nomura, whom people treat like a newcomer, has been lead character designer since at least FFVII and worked with them since FFIII or IV.

And even if Uematsu left (god forbid) they still use a wealth of great composers. Motoi Sakuraba (Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean), Masashi Hamauzu (FFXIII, Saga Frontier II), and Hitoshi Sakimoto (Tactics Ogre, Breath of Fire, Vagrant Story, FFXII) come to mind.

So, its not a lack of good employees/correspondents thats ruining the work.

My guess would be the current video game climate. Success of games like Halo/Gears of War are pushing the rpg genre into a more action-oriented area.

Personally, I blame the Xbox.

EDIT: I am completely aware that Uematsu is no longer an SE employee. But he still composes for them. My use of the word "left" was meant to imply a decision to no longer work with the company not for the company.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-18 14:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sandolphon said: »
I disagree, everyone that made SE's older games good, are pretty much still there. Sakaguchi didn't do much past FFV or so. 1-5 all pretty much suck except for IV which is decent and V is only good for the job system. Uematsu still composes, and Nomura, whom people treat like a newcomer, has been lead character designer since at least FFVII and worked with them since FFIII or IV. And even if Uematsu left (god forbid) they still use a wealth of great composers. Motoi Sakuraba (Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean), Masashi Hamauzu (FFXIII, Saga Frontier II), and Hitoshi Sakimoto (Tactics Ogre, Breath of Fire, Vagrant Story, FFXII) come to mind. So, its not a lack of good employees/correspondents thats ruining the work. My guess would be the current video game climate. Success of games like Halo/Gears of War are pushing the rpg genre into a more action-oriented area. Personally, I blame the Xbox.

Lost me here.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13