Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Waking the Beast
Waking the Beast
 Asura.Kitsunefox
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: okamiwolf
By Asura.Kitsunefox 2011-08-13 00:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently recruiting members for Waking the Beast quest~! This is the Carbuncle Prime fight and is one of the most fun fights you can do in the game. I'm trying to recruit mainly SMN for this, but other jobs will be taken into consideration. Leave a post here and hopefully we'll get something worked out =P
 Asura.Antaress
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2011-08-14 20:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me know when, I already have my pole but yeah, as you described, this is certainly one of the most fun fights in game! I wonder if it's still fun at level 90, though :~ Well, count me in anyway!
 Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot 2011-08-14 20:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This fight is a joke now, we did it with 5 people. 1 SMN, 1 WHM, 2 WARs and a SAM. Killed all the avatars in roughly 45 seconds and the final Carby fight was about 7 mins. No real challenge anymore. I wouldn't call it "fun" at lvl 90.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-08-14 21:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be down to do it if you happen to get people to go at a good time. I'm a meathead DD though, and generally when I am on, I am busy. Always wanted to see what it was all about though.
 Asura.Jadecc
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-08-14 22:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

good to see people doing events like this. I dont need it but if im not doing anything else i can help.
 Asura.Kitsunefox
By Asura.Kitsunefox 2011-08-14 23:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a really fun fight, and what makes it interesting is that it's something NOT ABYSSEA. We're pushing to get all the avatar fights in one night and then the final fight the next.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot 2011-08-14 23:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, no reason to do this in 2 nights. If your members know how to get around the world then the travel time from avatar fight to avatar fight isn't that bad. like i said earlier, the individual avatar fights takes less then 1 min to kill. You can kill all of them and the Carby fight in the fountain in roughly 2 hours. Total time spent in BC fights 20 mins tops, other hour and 40 mins is for travel time, and thats a generous estimate for travel if you have members getting lost.
 Asura.Kitsunefox
By Asura.Kitsunefox 2011-08-14 23:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told most people have forgotten the way around Vana'diel that's not Abyssea. So I'm going to assume that people have forgotten it all. We did a full Fenrir run last night for someone and it took at least 3 hours because of people having to walk.

EDIT: On top of that people don't like being out of Abyssea for too long. Apparently the real world (areas outside Abyssea) seem to scare them because they lack their precious Atmas >.> No offense or anything.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-14 23:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kitsunefox said:
I was told most people have forgotten the way around Vana'diel that's not Abyssea. So I'm going to assume that people have forgotten it all. We did a full Fenrir run last night for someone and it took at least 3 hours because of people having to walk.

That's why you guide them there yourself. I've helped a brand new player do a shitton of stuff including avatar fights (walked to them because I forgot about minifork until we did it the second time around...) and never had a problem. It can be done swiftly, you just have to be willing to walk them.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-08-15 10:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are going to low-man this, I'd be down. I'm not interested in going with a big crew, but I'd like to see how hard it would be with say... 3 SMNs. I have 6/6 eyes already.
 Shiva.Equilibrium
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Equilibrium 2011-08-15 10:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this yesterday, it was definitly not fun, but then we did have 16 people at one point, it's better to lowman it if you want this to be enjoyable. For me, it was more of a chore.
 Alexander.Gib
Server: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2011-08-15 10:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I was in that group too it was a tad disappointing how easy it was :/

if you went in with 8 SMNs it would be more funnerish
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-08-15 11:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Was very farking fun at level 75 (loved it so much i made a strat for it on ffxiclopedia!).

At level 90 its much easier though, Still an exciting fight with an interesting story. Best low manned though. (LESS LOOT COMPETITION).

However, With more people = more chance of items, but more competition... less people = less competition but less chance of items...

conundrum
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2011-08-15 11:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also 6/6 eyes as well. But I don't exactly know the setup for a 6 man group.
 Asura.Antaress
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2011-08-15 11:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooooor we could find a SMN75 and sync for the fight :p
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-15 11:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Was very farking fun at level 75 (loved it so much i made a strat for it on ffxiclopedia!).

At level 90 its much easier though, Still an exciting fight with an interesting story. Best low manned though. (LESS LOOT COMPETITION).

However, With more people = more chance of items, but more competition... less people = less competition but less chance of items...

conundrum

How does more people = more chance of items? Also how do people low man this, DDx2 + 2 healers? Who deal with elementals or do you just zerg the avatar?
 Shiva.Starrman
Server: Shiva
user: Starrman
By Shiva.Starrman 2011-08-15 15:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Does everyone need to have the eyes to be able to participate in the final fight? I got the eyes back in 06 or 07 and then rolled into the battle with 15ish summoners a few times. People wouldn't listen any of the times we did the fight and were never able to complete it. So would I be able to just gather a random group of people for this fight or would they need the eyes as well?
By Wilsor 2011-08-15 15:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Starrman said:
Does everyone need to have the eyes to be able to participate in the final fight? I got the eyes back in 06 or 07 and then rolled into the battle with 15ish summoners a few times. People wouldn't listen any of the times we did the fight and were never able to complete it. So would I be able to just gather a random group of people for this fight or would they need the eyes as well?

Yeah, I believe everyone needs it. Kind of like the tuning forks.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-08-15 15:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:

conundrum

How does more people = more chance of items? Also how do people low man this, DDx2 + 2 healers? Who deal with elementals or do you just zerg the avatar?

Have you ever even done the fight? Well, thats no excuse either... the info is right on wiki :|

Drops from Carbuncle Prime are handled differently that any other fight i can think of. When a player "Exits" the battlefield, Theres a chance you get an item, and its put in the pool.

There is no drop pool, Each person, after viewing the cutscenes, has a rare chance to randomly obtain a Avatar Item (from the fight), and it gets pooled.

So more people = more chances to get items.