Internet From Pc To Ps2 = How?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Internet from pc to ps2 = how?
Internet from pc to ps2 = how?
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2009-04-15 13:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've googled forever, I can never get a complete answer that works so I'm gonna post this here and hope once its
resolved it can be helpful to future gamers of 11.

I've got the cross over cable, I've tried bridging and ICS over and over.. I've used the network wizard endlessly.
Point being, I'm still getting a POL-0011 Error (ps2 knows there's internet but fails anyways).

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please help end this issue once and for all.
Thanks.

Additional Notes: This is Wifi to ps2 via cross over cable on a Ethernet Port.

PS: Please no suggestions of using a router and how that would be so much easier, I want to fix THIS issue not run away from it.

=================

FINAL SOLUTION BELOW:

1 - Turn on your PS2, enter POL normally, go to your network connection settings,
remove all the old entries IF you know how to make them again, otherwise just make
sure you create a new ethernet connection and be sure to have it selected when your
trying to connect from here on, you don't need to change anything in the "new"
ethernets connection settings.

2 - Connect a Straight Through ethernet cable from the PS2's ethernet port to your pc's
ethernet port. (This is usually referred to as a normal ethernet cable for those who're
confused by the term "Straight Through").

3 - Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network Connections > Set up a home or
small office network > click next > click next again > select this field below:

"This computer connects directly to the Internet. The other computers on my network
connect to the Internet through this computer."

Then click next again > choose/select the source of your internet and hit next > once
more only this time for the device you want internet shared thru and click next.

4 - Enter whatever network names you want and your workgroup (it's my advice not to
use the default names). This will require a reboot by changing these names, be warned.
Just click next until you reach a prompt with a choice saying something along the lines
of just finish the wizard, then click finish and reboot if you changed your network name
and etc.

5 - Lastly you've rebooted, ensure the cable ends are snug & in place, log in to the game
and enjoy being sure that your firewall is disabled on your pc otherwise you'll get a pol error.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-15 13:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the normal "use a PC as gateway problem" - i guess you using windows, and i guess you got firewalls (hardware and software on your PC) i tried multiple times letting other PCs via LAN in internet using my laptop as gateway and... no matter what i do, it wont work unless i use a server modded PC or a Hub or a router...

maybe anyone has done this without tearing pC down to server onry... but not me ><