Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-08-06 06:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said:
Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
Carbuncle.Sebianx said:
Cerberus.Detzu said:
Greatmagician said:
I just need some opinions on the redemption. i have the caladbolg 85 and want to get a redemption. u dont have to have both weapons to state ur opinion. either 1 is fine. i wanna know if its worth it because i hear some ppl alrdy say torcleaver does more dmg. i do break 4k with torcleaver and i love when i break 5k with tachi fudo. i was just wondering if quietus is able to do the same. i know alot of ppl have both weapons but if alot of ppl say redemption sux then ill just go after the ukon or something for my warrior. i alrdy started collecting skulls which is why im kinda stuck right now, and im also almost done with the trials.

You can break 5k with Quietus, a lot of ppl does.
My highest on abyss NMs 4.8k. Maybe Torcleaver is better, but you can't say Quietus sucks, especially when you're fighting ridiculous high defense NMs. It's still up to you. Personally, i'd prefer to have both since they don't have the same mechanics.
Could anyone with Quietus tell me how you would milk more dmg out of it?

Im currently hitting 3-4k consistently with it with VV/GC/Apoc with best gears with random highs of 5-8k(IG weakness is usually 10k+ which is badass)

Do people really drop an atma like RR just for e-peen numbers? it seems silly to neglect your melee dmg for something like a bit more WS dmg..unless ur not engaging for some odd reason?

RR atma is really good... on exp mobs.

lol? what? not sure if ur being sarcastic or if u are implying it sucks on NM..either way >_>
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-08-06 06:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sebianx said:
Cerberus.Detzu said:
Greatmagician said:
I just need some opinions on the redemption. i have the caladbolg 85 and want to get a redemption. u dont have to have both weapons to state ur opinion. either 1 is fine. i wanna know if its worth it because i hear some ppl alrdy say torcleaver does more dmg. i do break 4k with torcleaver and i love when i break 5k with tachi fudo. i was just wondering if quietus is able to do the same. i know alot of ppl have both weapons but if alot of ppl say redemption sux then ill just go after the ukon or something for my warrior. i alrdy started collecting skulls which is why im kinda stuck right now, and im also almost done with the trials.

My highest on abyss NMs 4.8k. Maybe Torcleaver is better, but you can't say Quietus sucks, especially when you're fighting ridiculous high defense NMs. It's still up to you. Personally, i'd prefer to have both since they don't have the same mechanics.

Im currently hitting 3-4k consistently with it with VV/GC/Apoc with best gears with random highs of 5-8k(IG weakness is usually 10k+ which is badass)

Show the gears!!
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-08-06 06:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said:
Carbuncle.Sebianx said:
Cerberus.Detzu said:
Greatmagician said:

Do people really drop an atma like RR just for e-peen numbers? it seems silly to neglect your melee dmg for something like a bit more WS dmg..unless ur not engaging for some odd reason?

lol? what? not sure if ur being sarcastic or if u are implying it sucks on NM..either way >_>

Actually it depends on how you want to play. If you want just to melee a NM and WS only @ 300 % it's up to you. Could be good too if you have to zerg maybe. With Aftermath on, you'll hit often for 1k + with or without RR. This atma allows you to reach 2k + on melee hits.
So it really depends on your playstyle.
I prefer GC.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-08-06 06:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said:
Quietus is fine. I can scrape decent #'s out it, but Torc still outperforms it. If anything, get 'em all! However, since abyssea is still kind of hard to do empyreans (especially on the mobs mentioned in this thread) if you've only got one tank of gas, get the Greataxe!!

I would say almost all Tier II empy NMs are duoable, Tier I are duoable-soloable. Isgebind is duoable, Orthrus and dragua ... um... i won't try for orthrus since the KIs are a pain to get for it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-08-06 07:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said:
Cerberus.Detzu said:
Carbuncle.Sebianx said:
Cerberus.Detzu said:
Greatmagician said:

Actually it depends on how you want to play. If you want just to melee a NM and WS only @ 300 % it's up to you. Could be good too if you have to zerg maybe. With Aftermath on, you'll hit often for 1k + with or without RR. This atma allows you to reach 2k + on melee hits.
I prefer GC.

Not sure what you are saying? That aftermath + crit from RR dont stack or something? and there really isnt a play-style, you play well or u dont
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-08-06 07:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said:
Cerberus.Detzu said:
Carbuncle.Sebianx said:
Cerberus.Detzu said:
Greatmagician said:

I prefer GC.

Not sure what you are saying? That aftermath + crit from RR dont stack or something? and there really isnt a play-style, you play well or u dont

Of course RR stack with aftermath. Yes it's a playstyle matter, you prefer to do more dmg on melee i prefer to do more on WS.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-06 16:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's more that he prefers to do more damage overall and thus be useful whereas you prefer to epeen at your group's expense.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-08-06 22:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said:
Asura.Echandra said:
Quietus is fine. I can scrape decent #'s out it, but Torc still outperforms it. If anything, get 'em all! However, since abyssea is still kind of hard to do empyreans (especially on the mobs mentioned in this thread) if you've only got one tank of gas, get the Greataxe!!

I would say almost all Tier II empy NMs are duoable, Tier I are duoable-soloable. Isgebind is duoable, Orthrus and dragua ... um... i won't try for orthrus since the KIs are a pain to get for it.

Shame on you for answering this in such a manner. You didn't read the post before that was talking about how some mobs don't like you to just keep swinging at them until they die I take it?

As for Orthrus's triggers...those are as easy to get at your local Auction House right? On the abyssea scale, I guess this can be difficult depending on how many afk toons you have to plow through to get there...

Regardless, I don't think It usually ranges 1.5 -3k randomstuff, so I am a total disgrace to epeenffxi. Regardless, I enjoy my infected Colibri on a stick.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-08-07 03:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I think it's more that he prefers to do more damage overall and thus be useful whereas you prefer to epeen at your group's expense.

More damage overall on what?
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-08-07 03:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said:
Cerberus.Detzu said:
Asura.Echandra said:

Shame on you for answering this in such a manner. You didn't read the post before that was talking about how some mobs don't like you to just keep swinging at them until they die I take it?

As for Orthrus's triggers...those are as easy to get at your local Auction House right? On the abyssea scale, I guess this can be difficult depending on how many afk toons you have to plow through to get there...

Regardless, I don't think It usually ranges 1.5 -3k randomstuff, so I am a total disgrace to epeenffxi. Regardless, I enjoy my infected Colibri on a stick.

I read your post, i'm just pointing that warrior's path is not the easiest. For Orthrus, would spend 150k per run for tiger's king hide?

1.5-3k is not usual? I don't understand. What are you talking about?
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-08-07 04:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

More damage overall on what?

on anything. if you are DDing it is not about the one mob that got 1 shotted. It is about the entire duration of your active time trying to kill stuff. aka overall damage or your DoT(damage over time).

If you are focused on a single hit for max damage you are just wasting time you can be doing more damage, MORE SO with calda which has a nice added benefit of having a low delay, meaning your melee damage counts more cuz you are swinging more for 100% tp(also adding to the importance from aftermath as well as things like RR and desperate blows)

Only time where staying back and building tp might come up would be voidwatch at best...(dam thing is a snoozfest, talk about whoring trigger idea SE!)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-07 18:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread

THIS THREAD
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-07 18:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

it's going places
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sebianx
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sebian
By Carbuncle.Sebianx 2011-08-07 18:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sebianx said:
Cerberus.Detzu said:
Greatmagician said:

The point was to maximize WS damage while still keeping frequency high, and just to say its for epeen numbers is stupid because damage is damage and 3.5k Quietus to 4k Quietus to make a 4k+ Darkness SC is hardly a "bit" more WS damage.

While on the flipside you can maximize your melee damage while ditching WS alltogether. I chose the WS option but that doesnt mean going straight Melee damage does better overall damage at all. RR is a good atma but it certainly isnt god for DRK unless we suddenly get a crit based WS.
By Greatmagician 2011-08-07 18:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sebianx said:
Carbuncle.Sebianx said:
Cerberus.Detzu said:
Greatmagician said:

The point was to maximize WS damage while still keeping frequency high, and just to say its for epeen numbers is stupid because damage is damage and 3.5k Quietus to 4k Quietus to make a 4k+ Darkness SC is hardly a "bit" more WS damage.

While on the flipside you can maximize your melee damage while ditching WS alltogether. I chose the WS option but that doesnt mean going straight Melee damage does better overall damage at all. RR is a good atma but it certainly isnt god for DRK unless we suddenly get a crit based WS.

and im hoping we do get a crit based ws. i hoping for them to refine quietus or torcleaver to make it either more powerful or crit based
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-07 18:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone that ignores the TP Phase and the huge DPS boost from RR should stop what they are doing and start playing a mage job, because you suck at melee :(

RR IS better its already been mathed out and proven, your eyeballing and saying MY WAY WORKS JUST AS GOOD, is NOT going to make what you want right.

Suck less.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-08-07 18:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a feeling that SE might make it that all WS work like regular hits that you can critical base on your dDex and merit and gears, and that critical base WS gets a bonus % on top of that. It makes absolutely no sense that the WS and regular hits work off different mechanic when it comes to critical hit.

Once that is done, all problem should be solved pretty much.
 Carbuncle.Sebianx
By Carbuncle.Sebianx 2011-08-07 20:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Anyone that ignores the TP Phase and the huge DPS boost from RR should stop what they are doing and start playing a mage job, because you suck at melee :(

RR IS better its already been mathed out and proven, your eyeballing and saying MY WAY WORKS JUST AS GOOD, is NOT going to make what you want right.

Suck less.

Math link pls?

Saying MY WAY WORKS BETTER isnt going to make what you want right either.

Jesus cant we all work to see which builds a Redemption DRK can use effectively to kill and support it with math? or is that too much to ask?

So far the effective ones ive done are:

(WS oriented)
DRK/SAM VV/GC/Apoc -Borderline Balanced- ~I use this mostly~
DRK/SAM VV/GC/Plague
DRK/SAM GC/Lion/Apoc
DRK/THF RR/SS/GC or RR/SS/Apoc

(TP Phase Melee oriented)
DRK/SAM RR/GH/Apoc
DRK/SAM RR/SS/Apoc
DRK/SAM RR/Lion/Apoc

(Balanced TP/WS)
DRK/SAM RR/GC/Apoc
DRK/SAM RR/VV/Apoc
DRK/WAR VV/Lion/Apoc -Borderline TP-

There are other setups out there so feel free to add to it.

Now as to HOW effective some of these setups are we need math for; real math, not a couple of assumptions you just pulled out of your ***. If someone could provide it we would figure out if what we are using is really good or if it blows.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-07 20:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Its on BG somewhere im sure, I for one don't like checking that forum its a giant gaggle *** but the Data they give is spot on.

You can ask in the "What's better?" thread and they will tell you just that.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-07 20:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Motenten's spreadsheet. Dropping RR for anything is a massive drop in your dps.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-07 20:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sebianx said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Suck less.

Math link pls?

Jesus cant we all work to see which builds a Redemption DRK can use effectively to kill and support it with math? or is that too much to ask?

(WS oriented)
DRK/SAM VV/GC/Plague
DRK/SAM GC/Lion/Apoc

DRK/SAM RR/GH/Apoc
DRK/SAM RR/SS/Apoc
DRK/SAM RR/Lion/Apoc

(Balanced TP/WS)
DRK/SAM RR/GC/Apoc
DRK/SAM RR/VV/Apoc

Now as to HOW effective some of these setups are we need math for; real math, not a couple of assumptions you just pulled out of your ***. If someone could provide it we would figure out if what we are using is really good or if it blows.

General Consensus that has been already proved a million times with math >>>>>> your opinion you pulled out of your ***.
 Carbuncle.Sebianx
By Carbuncle.Sebianx 2011-08-08 02:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Use Motenten's spreadsheet. Dropping RR for anything is a massive drop in your dps.
Bahamut.Serj said:
Carbuncle.Sebianx said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Suck less.

Math link pls?

(WS oriented)
DRK/SAM VV/GC/Plague
DRK/SAM GC/Lion/Apoc

DRK/SAM RR/GH/Apoc
DRK/SAM RR/SS/Apoc
DRK/SAM RR/Lion/Apoc

(Balanced TP/WS)
DRK/SAM RR/GC/Apoc
DRK/SAM RR/VV/Apoc

General Consensus that has been already proved a million times with math >>>>>> your opinion you pulled out of your ***.

Yeah, I did some searching and found Motenten's spreadsheet but it only has a few atmas to play around with, it doesnt have GC or Lion so I cant really test those. Id really like to look at the RR/GC/Apoc combo to see if you can get the best of both worlds.

What Im trying to do is find the best possible setup for the common situations im in(Fodder mobs/Bukhis). Also the spreadsheet doesnt include skillchain damage in its calculations as far as I know.

Ill keep messing with it.
 Carbuncle.Sebianx
By Carbuncle.Sebianx 2011-08-08 10:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I found something I never knew, Sword Strap(-3% Delay) increases my DPS from a Pole Grip(2% DA) by 14... But It also made my TP/Hit go from 18.6 to 17.1. This must mean the melee DoT you would get from the sword strap outshines the TP frequency you would get from the Pole Grip.

Apparently Calmecac does slightly(like 0.2DPS)better than +2 bale legs. and with the small atma pool I got, RR/AlphaOmega/Apoc beat any other combo. that leads me to believe RR/Lion/Apoc would be the best considering att is capped against fodder mobs and -10%PDT >>> -25% HP

edit: Also I noticed Quietus doesnt seem to have its TP modifier and added aftermath damage.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-08 10:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sword Strap is always generally the best grip you can use unless it is breaking your x-hit.
 Gilgamesh.Sebian
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Sebian 2011-08-08 11:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Sword Strap is always generally the best grip you can use unless it is breaking your x-hit.

well Thats good to know...
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-08-08 13:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said:

I read your post, i'm just pointing that warrior's path is not the easiest. For Orthrus, would spend 150k per run for tiger's king hide?

1.5-3k is not usual? I don't understand. What are you talking about?

Orthrus path is hard? 150k is a problem? Since when has gil been an issue since LOLabyssea? You have unlimited gil now, but heaven forbid you get a gold box in altepa that doesn't have 40 King Tiger hides in it, or the sharby hides. If you can't kill a dhalmel for a HQ hide...well ya.

Glavoid and Itzapookaloo is essentially gold box work, I'm just not seeing how 'Hard' it is. Considering the sheer number of joke warriors on asura that sport a UKON and no other gears(no not that Iarumas guy), gotta say this path is just as ZZZ as the rest.

As for what I'm talking about, like I have a clue. The epeen and eyeball extremes have already established this. You finish the empy yet? This thread has been going for awhile, should be done by now with at least a stage 1...something.