Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » pushing subtle blow to the next lvl
pushing subtle blow to the next lvl
By Ska681 2011-08-04 15:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ok frist off this is an idea and i havent tried it yet but with the posting from SE on there plans for stuff comming in the next update this came to mind. Its something i will call DPH or damage per hit this includes all hits from melee and WS alike.
Frist SE said that ninja will be getting a spell that increases tp gain(like a store tp trait but we can only hope it works like Phalax and is a % increase based on your magic skill{10skill=1%stp}). That made me wonder how much TP ninja could get per hit. we get like 5tp per hit now so lets start there.
/sam +15
raja +5
goading belt +5
brutal +1
hoard ring +4
chiv chain +1
awing +5
byakko haidate augmented +3-5
lastly a store tp ToM off hand weapon +10
this equals +49-51 store tp pushing are tp per hit to 7.5!
Now here is where i start asking for help from the math guys out there. If you didnt worry about TP return from your WS's and went for strait damage. would the number of ws you do out way the loss of attack from your melee hits thus increasing your DPH.
To sum you the title of this thread if you avg more DPH you would be hitting the target less and feeding less TP making it possible to low man more mobs. Yes this idea is a lil out there but instering just the same.
thought,suggestions and help welcomed
 Bahamut.Echojin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: echojin
By Bahamut.Echojin 2011-08-04 15:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

unless you are reaching an x-hit build with your store TP its not going to noticeably help.

Might as well use subtle blow gear instead of store TP gear after you reach certain amount to reach your x-hit.
By BorealisV2 2011-08-04 15:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Frist.

Stopped reading there.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-05 11:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

the only goal I'm concerned with is hitting 10tp each attack round rather than 9 while maintaining maximum damage/haste/dw sacrificing anything else to add store tp I would think will not be worth it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Schwertzauberer 2011-08-05 11:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
Frist.

Stopped reading there.

Good thing you stopped, it happens again two lines down...

Also, I don't see anything about Subtle Blow in the OP. Just Store TP stuff. (I've interchanged them myself once or twice but still I'm disappointed the question isn't actually about Subtle Blow ; ;).
By Ska681 2011-08-05 11:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
the only goal I'm concerned with is hitting 10tp each attack round rather than 9 while maintaining maximum damage/haste/dw sacrificing anything else to add store tp I would think will not be worth it.

I would like to hit for 10tp/hit 20 a round! ninja edited it lol mis read you post. i hit for 5.1tp/hit
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-05 11:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ska681 said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

this was why i posted the thread and was asking for help! Depending on the spell's effective ness it might be possible>

well people do it today without the spell and without sacrificing much of anything that's what i'm letting you know ;D
By Ska681 2011-08-05 11:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

it has everything to do w/ subtle blow in that if you hit the mob for more DPH you feed less TP to the mob. if you already have maxxed subtle blow then you would over all feed a very low amount of tp to the mob. WS's feed the same amount of TP to a mob as a normal hit so if you are WS'ing more you feed evenless TP!
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-05 11:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ska681 said:
it has everything to do w/ subtle blow in that if you hit the mob for more DPH you feed less TP to the mob. if you already have maxxed subtle blow then you would over all feed a very low amount of tp to the mob. WS's feed the same amount of TP to a mob as a normal hit so if you are WS'ing more you feed evenless TP!

wat?

storetp ≠ subtleblow
[+]
 Cerberus.Elgato
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Elgato 2011-08-05 12:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

After re-reading the OP 8 more times I think what he's trying to suggest is this:

Increase subtle blow to decrease TP fed to the mob
Increase Store TP to ws more often thereby decreasing TP fed to mob
Increase your damage per hit to kill the mob in fewer hits thereby decreasing TP fed to the mob

In short, kill the mob by doing more damage in fewer hits. I'd say the OP should patent this idea or something before everyone figures this out!
 Ifrit.Arawn
Server: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-08-05 12:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh... Well. I've always said common sense is so rare some consider it a super power.

edit: Not going to be mean. Lets just say that this killing the mob with the least amount of fed TP is the strategy that most people use already. Well, they use it if their strategy isn't "Hey bob, Throw more people at it." "K, Rupert." "Hey, Rupert, they all died." "'s ok. Gots 'poc'lyps on em. I figger the mob dies afore they delevah."

To do this people raise their damage per hit with food and more damaging weapons/crit damage/etc. It really is the basic strategy. I'm glad you've stumbled upon it.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-05 12:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Elgato said:
After re-reading the OP 8 more times I think what he's trying to suggest is this:

Increase subtle blow to decrease TP fed to the mob
Increase Store TP to ws more often thereby decreasing TP fed to mob
Increase your damage per hit to kill the mob in fewer hits thereby decreasing TP fed to the mob

In short, kill the mob by doing more damage in fewer hits. I'd say the OP should patent this idea or something before everyone figures this out!
GENIUS, SOMEONE INFORM THE PRESIDENT, REVISE ALL GUIDES!
ALL OF THEM
 Cerberus.Elgato
By Cerberus.Elgato 2011-08-05 12:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironically hitting for 0 actually feeds 0 TP to the mob. That was the whole idea behind using a ceremonial dagger to try and hit 0's and let enspell damage kill the mob. So maybe the OP should /rdm and stack -attack gear?
By Ska681 2011-08-05 12:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Elgato said:
Ironically hitting for 0 actually feeds 0 TP to the mob. That was the whole idea behind using a ceremonial dagger to try and hit 0's and let enspell damage kill the mob. So maybe the OP should /rdm and stack -attack gear?

This would take all day
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-05 12:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We all know nins need to sub smn for enhanced tanking using aerial armor, what are you guys, new here?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-05 12:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
We all know nins need to sub smn for enhanced tanking using aerial armor, what are you guys, new here?

/BRD for Mambos
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-05 12:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:

/BRD for Mambos
Woah, that belongs in the advanced ninja threads, we're talking simple basics here
[+]