Cerberus Is Broken???

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Cerberus is broken???
Cerberus is broken???
 Sylph.Lorax
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-08-03 03:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Went out that way doing a quest, and saw a group fighting him. They were doing good, but his HP bar was dropping REALLY slowly. Around 59% they wiped, so me and my whm friend grabbed him and started in on it. First thing we noticed... his defense is through the *** roof! Lvl 90 Apocalypse reg hits doing 70-100~ dmg tops, WS for 300~...

Now the last time I fought him was @ lvl 85 cap. I've got a vid of the fight on youtube... regular hits doing 150+, ws 600+ (this is catastrophe pre-25% dmg increase from 90 apoc...).

Anyone else notice him being a piece of broken crap? I reported to a GM and of course all I got in reply was a message saying he's working as intended.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-08-03 03:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It was probably raged, if it was going as slowly as you said.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-03 03:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a similar experience, although it was several months ago. We were doing some ZNMs and decided to check on cerb. All physical attacks were doing pitiful damage, and as far as we could tell there was no one else there to rage him before we claimed.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-03 03:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly wasn't aware Cerberus even raged... >.>
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-03 03:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

cliffnotes for this thread: toau kings don't rage whatsoever, nor have they ever done such a thing

cerberus was broken sometime along the lines of the release of heroes, which case his damage reduction has been largely increased (unintentionally)
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-08-03 03:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh lol. I thought they did. Been too long xD
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-03 04:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
cliffnotes for this thread: toau kings don't rage whatsoever, nor have they ever done such a thing

cerberus was broken sometime along the lines of the release of heroes, which case his damage reduction has been largely increased (unintentionally)

Figures, I spent an hour trying to kill him on mnk several months ago. Attacks did pitiful damage and his *** stoneskin made the fight last forever. Wiped at 22% because we gave up (was low man, my mnk was kinda meh back then.)
 Sylph.Lorax
Server: Sylph
user: Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-08-03 04:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like we really needed or wanted anything from him, but this really threw me for a loop lol.

edit: considering I did about 2x the damage @ 85 than 90...
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-03 04:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I experienced this myself when trying to do him.