Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Gear Set Comments/Concerns/Advice
Gear Set Comments/Concerns/Advice
 Cerberus.Freonski
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Gero
By Cerberus.Freonski 2011-08-01 15:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Took a brief break from game and looking to perfect my sets a bit. Constructive comments only please.

TP Gain:

WS - Blade:Hi:

Augments are:
Seiryu's Kote - Accuracy +3, Store TP +4, Crit.hit rate +3
Byakko's Haidate - AGI +6 MND +6 Store TP +3 (Replacing mind with crit. dmg would be sexy)

Desired items:
Hachiryu Sune-Ate

Hybrid Evasion:

Full Evasion:

PDT Set: (I use this for pulling cleaves)

Dark Ring Augments: #1 Physical Damage Taken -6% Magic Damage Taken -5% Spell Interruption rate down 3% #2 Physical Damage Taken -5% Breath Damage Taken -4%
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-01 15:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people will say use Usukane boots and use Twilight Sash. Does the Goading Belt in your TP set matter for some reason?

Also, PDT Katanas will destroy Terra Staff in a PDT set and keep you an effective tank.
 Cerberus.Freonski
By Cerberus.Freonski 2011-08-01 15:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your comment, I currently lack usukane sune-ate, the goading belt along with stp augments in ws set keep me at a 10 attack round with 0 regain. I'll have to look into vitality path katanas, but currently I only run around the zone pulling massive amount of mobs with my pdt set. xD
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Server: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2011-08-01 15:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that its that important, but why does your full evasion set have Seiryu's Kote over Iga +2? 7.5~ Eva VS. 13~. (To cancel out the HP loss from Scouter's?)
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-01 15:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to PDT tank a lot on WAR, but WAR has like zero defensive capability except Seigan, which is usually useless when I need my PDT set! I certainly understand what you mean though, I typically round up mobs on WAR too, so it does have dual-usage.

You may want to consider a Byakko's Haidate STP augment, and see if that will keep you at your STP goal, while also considering Haste Cap (Since you'd lose 2%, but Twilight would make up for that.). You'd lose out on some accuracy and 1% set proc, but you'd gain 2% DA.
 Cerberus.Freonski
By Cerberus.Freonski 2011-08-01 15:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gerrott said:
Not that its that important, but why does your full evasion set have Seiryu's Kote over Iga +2? 7.5~ Eva VS. 13~. (To cancel out the HP loss from Scouter's?)
Mainly for hp, yes. I typically use Seiryu's for evasion when not engaged, Iga +2 when engaged.
 Cerberus.Freonski
By Cerberus.Freonski 2011-08-01 15:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Also should add, thinking of doing an Anwig Salade for Blade: Hi/Victory Smite, AGI+4 Increases Weaponskill DMG STR+4 Weaponskill Accuracy +15, is this found to be atleast marginally better than Maat's Cap?
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-01 16:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

nice sets :)

personally I would drop the +1 dusk until you got Usukane Sune-Ate and would roll with Twilight belt + Atheling mantle in my tp set but it sounds like you've made up your mind for the 10tp per attack

neck improvements for WS would be Rancor Collar or Hope Torque (in that order)

Your pants for Hi look really good for outside but inside I would go with Ambushers Hose easy drop from Vunk. If you're building both inside/outside keep the B. haidate for outside

Also Centaurus Earring is 10 attack, for belt Anguinus Belt will beat Soil Belt most of the time if not all but for outside something like Cuchulain

iirc I do believe the Anwig Salade is an upgrade for Blade: Hi over Maat's cap but it's possible Maat's cap beats it outside?

oh and umm I think Iga +2 body beat's Loki for inside/outside, i'm not positive though

Either way some nice gear you got there, hope I helped a little.
 Cerberus.Freonski
By Cerberus.Freonski 2011-08-01 16:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, rancor collar looks neat, was no information found on it before I had left. Also a quick question, I do own ambushers hose already but have been using my haidate with agi+6 as one of the augments, but assuming using RR,GH,AoA, I'm probably already capped on DEX?
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-01 16:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

would need to ask one of the ffxi mathz people, i don't think you're "capped" on DEX but I think the DEX you're getting from the haidate isn't helping much when you have rr/gh. I think the +4 AGI is a little more beneficial but obviously outside they're way more useful. I would think if you got that crit dmg augment you could use for both inside/outside. You got all the old ***I still am working on lol ;D
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-01 16:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you get Crit DMG+ on that Haidate with AGI, it'll dust Ambusher's Hose.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-01 16:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
would need to ask one of the ffxi mathz people, i don't think you're "capped" on DEX but I think the DEX you're getting from the haidate isn't helping much when you have rr/gh. I think the +4 AGI is a little more beneficial but obviously outside they're way more useful. I would think if you got that crit dmg augment you could use for both inside/outside. You got all the old ***I still am working on lol ;D

You need 50 more points of DEX than the target's AGI to cap your crit rate from DEX. I don't know if this has changed since 75, but that's what it used to be anyway.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-01 16:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hasn't changed, tested it myself after the last update.

Skip the Anwig if you have anything else you could be using it for and work on augmenting a Shura Kabuto (+1) instead. I'll post more later.
 Carbuncle.Gilder
user: dewzedo
By Carbuncle.Gilder 2011-08-05 02:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For TP:

Assuming you can land a Haidate with 3-4% crit damage +. Should beat out Iga Hakama/Usu Feet combo except maybe in situations where you would need the extra 10 atk/acc (High tier abyssea NM/Voidwatch?).
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2011-08-05 04:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have trophies to spare, Spry Tights with AGI+6 and Evasion+12 for full evasion set?
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-08-06 11:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

using this for TP atm

only have hit agi+5/sTP+3 as best BH so far >.<

blade hi

salade agi4/str4/ws acc15/ws dmg 2%

2/3 for usukane.. me and my roomate both dual boxing it for stuff we need lol makes salvage entertaining
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-08-06 12:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Freonski said:
Took a brief break from game and looking to perfect my sets a bit. Constructive comments only please.

TP Gain:

WS - Blade:Hi:

Augments are:
Seiryu's Kote - Accuracy +3, Store TP +4, Crit.hit rate +3
Byakko's Haidate - AGI +6 MND +6 Store TP +3 (Replacing mind with crit. dmg would be sexy)

Desired items:
Hachiryu Sune-Ate

Hybrid Evasion:

Full Evasion:

PDT Set: (I use this for pulling cleaves)

Dark Ring Augments: #1 Physical Damage Taken -6% Magic Damage Taken -5% Spell Interruption rate down 3% #2 Physical Damage Taken -5% Breath Damage Taken -4%

implement Ocelot Gloves !? and Atheling Mantle !?

other than that , seems u got it all to make it work ^^
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-07 12:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep suppa on in hybrid set, 5 evas is not worth giving up 5% DW. Rajas is better than 7 agi in this set, ocelot gloves are better than dusk +1 for a hybrid set up due to the agi, but I prefer using Iga gloves +2, and ballerines are better than iga feet +2 for hybrid evasion.

Don't TP in iga cape, it's trash inside abyssea, TP in atheling and twilight belt.

WS in rancor collar and anguinus belt, beats gorget/belt.

Don't give up kannagi for 2 sekkas, unless you aren't meleeing at all, and iga gloves +2 beat seiryu's for pure evasion.

Pulling for cleaves in full evas beats pulling in PDT too imo, 0 damage taken > some, unless you're actually taking 0 with phalanx or something.
 Leviathan.Kajii
Server: Leviathan
user: Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2011-08-07 16:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So is it concrete that Crit+4% Haidate & Dusk+1 > Iga Hakama & Ocelot Gloves?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-07 16:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kajii said:
So is it concrete that Crit+4% Haidate & Iga Kyahan +2 > Iga Hakama +2 & Usukane Sune-ate?

depends on your accuracy as far as outside abyssea goes, but that's strictly without food, and vwnm, even; if you're with food (pizza ideally), your accuracy should be more than acceptable for vwnm and higher-tier dynamis targets alike, not that i'd bring nin to actually do anything aside from staggers in vwnm that is ;z
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-07 16:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi <3