| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-01 15:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing triggers his 2hr. It's completely random. Murder it as fast as possible to prevent his PDT reaching 90~95%. Killed it 14 times last night. Just kill it.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-08-01 15:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I've seen, it's completely random. I've done a fight where it's two-houred once. Last time I did it, it, it used Invincible 10 times back to back(There was maybe 10 seconds in between each invincible). Both times, there was almost no movement(he moved a bit once or twice when he drew in).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-08-01 15:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Most annoying giant ever.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-01 16:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily trio'd him with whm, nin, and war. Think he 2hr'd twice, was basically dead while in red stagger.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-08-01 16:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I think SE wanted Pantokrator to never be considered the type of NM you can just duo like most. So they designed an iron giant which was impossible to kill using strategies that worked on all the rest lol

Great way to give linkshells an event to do though, like a little break from anything empyreal

I actually think SE tried to do that with all of the NMs involved with Ochain and Daurdabla(and pretty badly failed hah). I remember something about SE saying they made VNMs so dumb in Heroes zones because of the fact that you don't have as many trials for Ochain and Daurdabla as you do for the rest of the Empyrean weapons.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-01 16:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

this NM used to be a pain for us (was soon after heros came out) but last time we spammed him it was pretty easy. Like you said we didn't move him much, he only 2hrd on us 1 time when we killed him about 7+ times. We did do damage pretty quick but we only had MNK, THF, WHM, BLM without any empys at the time.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-01 16:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
this NM used to be a pain for us (was soon after heros came out) but last time we spammed him it was pretty easy. Like you said we didn't move him much, he only 2hrd on us 1 time when we killed him about 7+ times.
see that sounds like the whole "deal enough dmg over time and he wont 2 hour" theory, 7+ people would deal dmg pretty quickly even if they were all lesser dds

it was 7+ kills not people. added a ninja edit to the jobs we had. We did add a DRG for the last fight and I think a DRK came for last 2 fights but the fight almost seemed smoother @ first maybe a TP feed thing I can't remember @ which point he did a 2hr I just remember it being a lot different than the first time we had tried to kill him and failed.

As for the alliance comment I'm not sure cause I've seen a few alliances completely fail @ him but I can see your point and there definitely seems some type of validity behind it
 Siren.Zagato
Server: Siren
user: Zagato
By Siren.Zagato 2011-08-01 16:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This giant is a total douchebagel, the other night was my first time fighting it and well let me tell you the first fight went horribly wrong. I was mnk/nin so that was the first fail (forgot to change sub), then it used 17 Invincibles in a row. Total douche NM. Came back mnk/war and bonked him so hard it cried. As everyone says, just bonk it as hard and fast as you can.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-08-01 16:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I think SE wanted Pantokrator to never be considered the type of NM you can just duo like most. So they designed an iron giant which was impossible to kill using strategies that worked on all the rest lol

Great way to give linkshells an event to do though, like a little break from anything empyreal

I actually think SE tried to do that with all of the NMs involved with Ochain and Daurdabla(and pretty badly failed hah). I remember something about SE saying they made VNMs so dumb in Heroes zones because of the fact that you don't have as many trials for Ochain and Daurdabla as you do for the rest of the Empyrean weapons.
What? thf + whm can duo the giants and colored souls easily > < but yeah the final stage makes sense in that regard lol

Yeah, I put in parenthesis that they failed pretty bad in that regard xD.
 Siren.Zagato
Server: Siren
user: Zagato
By Siren.Zagato 2011-08-01 16:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

Panto is a joke, the most annoying thing about it is fighting it next to someone else since all his TP moves hit outside of alliance.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-01 19:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they do. :P Never had problems with the IG either. o_o only problem was he enjoyed Amnesia locking me when I duo it for plates/pops. :|

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-08-01 20:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
While we're on the topic, do t3 VNM in heros zones all hit anyone in range just like t2?

Yes, and nothing sweeps away a cluster**** of bad newbs taking 20minutes to kill dhorme khim like a nice 1% tidal wave.

Edit: For the ironclad, I just try to proc red until its like 3rd 2 hour, If I haven't gotten it by that point jumpship and zerg. As long as you have 2 decent DDs you should be ok, just have them stand on opposite sides so only 1 is stunned/amnessiad at a time.