Racc Set For Thf : Still Worth It?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Racc set for thf : Still worth it?
Racc set for thf : Still worth it?
 Bahamut.Dionikes
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-07-30 16:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I have sadly retired my racc set for thf a long time back. However, at one point, it was something i had loved working on and was very proud of.

I now have found i dont have much room for it, and hardly any use for it. I have recently thought about bringing it back out just for the 12.5% def down from acid bolts.

The problem i have is, i have a dual box whm that is pretty amazing (see Xeones), and its laughable to think i'd ever use bloody bolts.
I had 2 questions, one of which i forgot and have not been able to find any info on, which is do blind bolts stack with any form of blind? Or are they overwritten from things like ninjitsu Ni version and blind 1/2.

The other question is, is it worth carrying the set. This is what i could muster up from what i had before and new items i've found

head: Bersail cap
neck: Pcc
ear1: volley earring
ear2: breeze pearl
body: Skadi Cuirie
hands: trigger gloves
ring1/2: Arewe ring +1
back: Jaeger mantle
waist: Precise belt (might be something better here)
legs: Aurore Brais (was laughing i actually found a use for these)
feet: Homam Gambieras (even though missile boots are better here, i
dont know if i can spare the inventory)

So, that brings the total inventory that i dont normally carry to +9/10 since breeze pearl i have for TA set.

Honestly that just makes me take out my mdt set, which i'm actually finding more useful with all the aga casting stuff out there.

12.5% def down worth it? As well as do blind bolts stack with anything else, because if they do, its another pro for the set
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-07-30 17:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't shot my Crossbow since shortly after Visions of Abyssea was released. It's probably just pile of rusted metal and rotted wood now.
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-07-30 17:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

af3+2 feet, clearview earring
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-07-30 18:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I still use my acid bolts on thf, and hit abyssea NMs about 50% with the defense down affect. I'm not using any special gear for it.

Still worth using, not worth carrying so much gear for in my opinion.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-07-30 18:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhhkay, cause my dual box idles in what he happened to be wearing last i logged him. On top of having the top idle set possible i also have another brd account who comes along and spits 9 a tic ballad, so i think he's ok for mp. ***sometimes i idle in gaithers cause im just cool like that

As for the topic, i appreciate the responses, i think ill just mess around with it for now, and hope it comes back at 99, maybe with some new bolts or something.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-07-30 18:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone pointed out to me that i can inventory save by using faith torque. Prob not as good as pcc, but yaaay inventory
[+]
By Hyakuu 2011-07-30 18:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Waist: Aquiline Belt
Head: O hat

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-07-30 18:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If i remember acid bolt def down lasts around 1min ish?
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-30 19:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My racc set is one of the first things to go (after steal+) when I need more inventory on my thf. I don't even carry a crossbow anymore, because I have boomerang on fulltime. Crossbow lost a lot of its allure when I had to lose TP to use it.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-07-30 19:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops, dusk legs +1 instead of aurore, although i got rid of those when i +1 heca legs, poo
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2011-07-30 19:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually sport that around, when I want to shoot stuff. Bolts vary of course on the situation. I got lazy on the rings :<

Also for the sake of fashion, I use Ocelot Trousers just because they look so much better with that set, Aurore just looks so fugly :(

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2011-07-30 19:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust me, I use it mainly for laughs on some situations lol, I don't necessarily put my heart and soul into it.

edit: I use Nguul due to it was a free dagger, and I don't want to really use a lot of gil on a set I rarely use. It gets the job done, heh.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-30 20:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought you'd stack Ranged Accuracy for a Ranged set on THF.

Nvm, actually looked at the set.
By Kalima 2011-08-08 09:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually go by the rule of "if solo, or in an unreliable group, use xbow" So my racc setup sees quite a bit of action.

Here's what I'm currently using

Probably could use a clearview once I come across one and use denali legs for acid bolts on lower evasion mobs, but overall I'm pretty happy with it...rarely miss anything I go up against.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-08-08 09:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dionikes said:
Ohhhkay, cause my dual box idles in what he happened to be wearing last i logged him. On top of having the top idle set possible i also have another brd account who comes along and spits 9 a tic ballad, so i think he's ok for mp. ***sometimes i idle in gaithers cause im just cool like that
this post made me smile so much, reminded me of dylan in making the band lol

Its because when you are only a mule, you need to store gear so he forgot to get it back out
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-08-08 11:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dionikes said:
Someone pointed out to me that i can inventory save by using faith torque. Prob not as good as pcc, but yaaay inventory

torque > pcc
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-09 08:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If your using status bolts, things like PCC>Torque because no one gives a crap if you actually have +ratk while your firing a lv 15 D21 ACID BOLT with a fast, low damage Xbow (cant use a single high damage one). The only reason you are shooting an xbow is for the status effects (acid/blind/sleep/poison). The damage is so pathetic that using Ratk is a waste of time.

Land the bolt. Get the effect. Use daggers again. Never drop Racc for Ratk no matter how minor the trade if you can help it.

PCC>Arctier's>Torque for thf shooting toothpicks for additional effects. Skadi/Aurore>Lokis. Etc.

Obviously things like arctier's look better from an inventory perspective (should be used for TA gear anyway and only -1Racc from PCC). But if you have the space and want the perfect set, #1 concern is Racc>all. Any sacrifices beyond that should just be for inventory sakes. Things like Arctiers/Raider feet etc that you should already use are fine, just not the 'best'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Pancakesandsx 2011-08-10 08:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I use this. I have capped throwing and marksmanship merits on top of this. I use it mostly to ranged TH things nowadays.
 Bahamut.Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-08-11 12:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i think i'm finished, i just snagged buccaneers belt yesterday to finish up. Errm, sometimes if inventory is short ill still use faith torque. For hands i use these, but i dont think there is any other racc piece out there with more racc on them.

Now as for octant, ziskas has more racc, but i really like the low delay on octant.