.-.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2012-01-09 23:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly totalchaosls.com went down, i still have picture showing how FAIL is MS with a brew.

But its ok, you can dream on doing MS 7k without SA or TA.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2012-01-10 00:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Fenrir.Ilax said: »
Sadly totalchaosls.com went down, i still have picture showing how FAIL is MS with a brew.

But its ok, you can dream on doing MS 7k without SA or TA.

You're the only person that uses MS without SA or TA. The rest of us know that it - like Rudra's Storm - is awful unless stacked, something that is deliberate in its design.

Huh, i never use Mercy Fail without SA or TA, don't believe the BS people say about me in this forum, if you want see my thief in action and judge if i sux, create a mule on fenrir and you welcome to make your own opinion.
====

WS Damage = ( D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP * PDIF

Pumping only STR and ignoring your attack, obviously will kill your pDIF, work great in abyssea for epeen WS dmg, outside abyssea is another story.

Of course if you have BRD + COR boosting you attack, it work too, just saying, STR onry is not always the way to go.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-01-10 00:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I know never to use it unstacked but these forsaken trials with death low being MS are killing me. Thank god they almost over. Have under 100 puks to go. Well that saved me a lot of Gil buying a ocelomeh harness when I dont need one already having Loki's. I'll concentrate in other areas and also finish my exenterator build.

A very big thanks to all that responded with some sort of positive contribution and or positive criticism.
[+]
By Untamedheart 2012-01-10 03:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I am surprised by all the people advocating not to use mercy unstacked. I find it puts out very good numbers for me. Yes you will miss your mainhand hit 5% of the time but that goes for any 1hit ws. Don't write it off too quick :D
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-01-10 04:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the main issue is, that with little effort Exenterator unstacked just does more damage. With that being said my Mandau isn't at 95 yet so doesnt have the DMG or attack boost at max yet, which most likely is another factor in me doing around 900 atm. With the extra 10 DMG and 5 or so DMG I should break 1k unstacked easily, however the question lies will it out perform unstacked Evis in aby? I'm inclined to say no.

Will it beat unstacked exenterator outside Abyssea? At present, I still believe its too early to answer that but the scale is leaning towards Exenterator to out do MS unstacked also.

The great thing about Mandau isn't the WS though for me, it's the hidden effect. Outside aby it procs a fair bit. In dynamis Quifim I hit the raptor for 1488 auto attack followed by 3 500+ attacks.

Maybe with Toci unstacked MS would improve but I don't have have to test :P but from a LV.80 Mandau I average outside aby 900. More inside obviously due to the buffs and atmas.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-10 08:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Never do MS unstacked.

Exenterator when your pdif is high, Evisceration otherwise.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-10 08:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also, as a general rule, can we make discussing the damage of anything inside Abyssea a bannable offense? Like can we make a petition or something?
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-01-10 08:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've finally finished my MS kill shot trials so stacked only for meeeeee.

As for banning damage in aby, why? So we ban talk about damage in vw as well? seeing as you can use temp items and such so not a true reflection.

Either way Ihina thanks for info in previous posts. It stopped me spending unnecessary millions so appreciated :)
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-10 08:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage in Voidwatch isn't grossly inflated as it is in Abyssea. All the temp items are doing, really, are giving you 300TP and making enemy defense less of an issue. You can get potency, but even that pales in comparison to the ridiculous inflation of damage inside Abyssea.

It's nothing like Stats +100, Crit rate 90%, and crit damage +50%.

(This is also ignoring the fact that nothing inside Abyssea really matters)

I mean, yeah, we get it, it's possible to do ludicrous amounts of damage inside Abyssea. I'm just tired of people posting about it.

Just a quick look around Port Jeuno at some of the gear equipped by Empyrean holders is a testament to how pointless Abyssean optimization is.

Then again, the same really goes for relic holders. Ilax is a perfect example (Dilarams + Light Gorget on an obvious Chant Du Cygne set)

tl;dr This game is depressing and pointless and if there is actually a Dawn Goddess, she is cold and heartless and has no interest in our well-being, so we should all just give up and go do something else.
 Ragnarok.Evandis
Server: Ragnarok
user: Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2012-01-10 09:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage in Voidwatch isn't grossly inflated as it is in Abyssea. All the temp items are doing, really, are giving you 300TP and making enemy defense less of an issue. You can get potency, but even that pales in comparison to the ridiculous inflation of damage inside Abyssea.

I mean, yeah, we get it, it's possible to do ludicrous amounts of damage inside Abyssea. I'm just tired of people posting about it.

Just a quick look around Port Jeuno at some of the gear equipped by Empyrean holders is a testament to how pointless Abyssean optimization is.

This does not compute.

Yes, Abyssean damage is exaggerated, but optimization is optimization, if guys with all pink can do 2500 damage (example) and you are optimized, you should be doing 4000 damage (example again), comparing non-Abyssea to Abyssea may be foolish, but using Abyssea damage versus Abyssea damage is more than viable.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-10 09:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it's all pointless, dark, and meaningless and we should just all give up and go play Tetris or something.

My faith in the Dawn Goddess is shattered. Great Scott, what have we done?
 Sylph.Skinner
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2012-01-10 09:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Evandis said: »

This does not compute.

Yes, Abyssean damage is exaggerated, but optimization is optimization, if guys with all pink can do 2500 damage (example) and you are optimized, you should be doing 4000 damage (example again), comparing non-Abyssea to Abyssea may be foolish, but using Abyssea damage versus Abyssea damage is more than viable.

< Optimized!

[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-10 09:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

By Altana, maybe there is hope for Vana'diel after all. Skinner, may the light of the Dawn Goddess illuminate even the darkest of your nights.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Evandis
Server: Ragnarok
user: Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2012-01-10 09:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not one person has yet to address why it is so wrong for the guy to be upset that the weapon skill, he spent a lot of in game money and time to complete, doesn't do more damage everywhere in the game.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-10 09:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not one person has yet to address why it is so wrong for the guy to be upset that the weapon skill, he spent a lot of in game money and time to complete, doesn't do more damage everywhere in the game.
I think they are letting him know, in their completely nuanced way, that he shouldn't have to be upset at all. The WS is good, it just needs to be geared/used properly to be so.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-10 09:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It does perfectly fine damage stacked with SA/TA. There are essentially two varieties of dagger WS:

1.) Multi-hit WS which are designed to do competitive damage when used on their own. These WS have extremely high potential FTP at 100TP compared to most other WS. Dual wielded Evisceration/Dancing Edge, for example, have higher fTP than 300TP Fudo.

2.) Single hit WS which are designed to be forced-critical to be competitive. These WS still have reasonably high fTP in general to make up for the low base damage of daggers. Still, they don't do much damage on their own because they're designed such that they do massive damage when stacked with a JA only. A single hit WS like Mercy Stroke would be extremely immoderate when stacked if they set the fTP high enough that it did competitive damage outside of forced-critical situations.

Mercy Stroke, Rudra's Storm, and Mandalic Stab were all designed as "Stacked" WS. Only DNC gets a special "unstacked" dagger weapon skill (Pyrrhic Kleos), and it's considerably weaker in comparison to the other unstacked options.

tl;dr It's wrong for him to be upset that it doesn't do better damage "everywhere" because it does perfectly fine when used in a manner consistent with its design. The stats on Mercy Stroke have been known forever. If you don't look at a single hit dagger WS with 3.0fTP and a 60% STR mod, compare it to something like Evisceration with 1.0ftp x 5hits, and say "The first one is meant to be used with SA/TA only, and the 2nd is meant to be used when those timers are down" then you fail at this game in the first place and really should, well, re-evaluate your life or something.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-10 09:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Skinner said: »
< Optimized!

Delicious~
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2012-01-10 10:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You're wearing critical hit rate -8% for a critical WS.

See how wrong are you, you judge me without thinking 5 sec. I use them when my fSTR and pDIF is too low, and the whole reason for Dilaram's Sollerets is to increase that PARTS. Suck for me to loose 8% Crit RATE, but gotta do what you gotta do buddy.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8