Asura.Teleniel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2011-07-26 01:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

WS gear : Breeze Gorget / Breeze Belt
Evasion gear : Sekka +2 (x2), Boxer's Mantle, Ethereal Earring

I'm working on Ocelot Gloves, Quirmiz Tathlum & Kannagi right now having just finished some of the other +2 equipment (body, head, feet) last week.

the ZNM Hachiryu set is a bit out of my price range, and I won't be getting Suppa (yes I know bushi is trash but I'm standing on this point).

What other equipment should I be on the lookout for as far as TP and WS (jin)?
I wouldn't really mind doing the AF quests to get the body if it's significantly better for TP phase, although as an Abyssea Nin it was a pick it up as I level thing I'll admit.
And what earring should I be using with Brutal during WS? Aester Ear pendant? or is there something better?
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-07-26 01:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Get Af body, dusk/+1 hands if possible usu feet.

Suppanomimi(Edit missed the suppa part)+brutal for ears.

everything else looks ok.
 Ragnarok.Shaay
Server: Ragnarok
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaay 2011-07-26 01:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

just honestly, there is so many threads about this, just look around :/
 Asura.Teleniel
Server: Asura
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2011-07-26 01:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

2/3 on Usu feet, missing the 25's of all things they've refused to drop for me.

As far as Dusk/+1 hands I'll go with Ocelot as soon as they drop for me, I can't stand -movement... take them off when your running *forgets 8,000 yalms later and loses the race*

Suppa really isn't going to happen, I know Bushi is trash but I've got fond memories of when it was a must-have for Sam and I dropped my Suppa to get it a few weeks after they first let you re-do Divine Might. I love Nin's Versatility but the 5%? difference in dual wield ... the Iga earring will be enough.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-26 01:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Could also use augmented byakko's haidate if you don't have usu feet. Don't bother with ocelot gloves, Dusk+1 are superior. Full +2 (with tiercel for 25% haste) set is only best in capped haste situations, or situations where the +acc is necessary, although it is only slightly worse than the optimal set in most cases.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-26 01:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Teleniel said:
2/3 on Usu feet, missing the 25's of all things they've refused to drop for me.

As far as Dusk/+1 hands I'll go with Ocelot as soon as they drop for me, I can't stand -movement... take them off when your running *forgets 8,000 yalms later and loses the race*

Suppa really isn't going to happen, I know Bushi is trash but I've got fond memories of when it was a must-have for Sam and I dropped my Suppa to get it a few weeks after they first let you re-do Divine Might. I love Nin's Versatility but the 5%? difference in dual wield ... the Iga earring will be enough.
Iga earring is only 1% dual wield, and the 5% from suppa is a huge boost (especially for an ear slot).
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-07-26 01:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

the body is -5% dw, for inside abby and non acc issues is > af3
dwV/chainmail/af3 head+2/suppa = -50%dw

as a hi user in ws i use centaurus/brutal and stormsoul/eponas
for jin i would just swap stormsoul to a dex ring

working on my usu feet and use this for TP pre dusk/usu
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-26 01:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
the body is -5% dw, for inside abby and non acc issues is > af3
dwV/chainmail/af3 head+2/suppa = -50%dw

as a hi user in ws i use centaurus/brutal and stormsoul/eponas
for jin i would just swap stormsoul to a dex ring

working on my usu feet and use this for TP pre dusk/usu
Rajas would be better. Jin has both Str and Dex mods.
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-26 01:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

As a career ninja I'm required by oath to inform you that you're losing out on about 9% attack speed ignoring suppa (assuming you cap haste at 25% elsewhere and get the af body - upgrading with both af body + suppa at the same time is about a 16% delay decrease). With that said:

Byakko's haidate with full augments are really nice, especially outside of abyssea and with Jin. If you're using spellcast dusk +1 hands (affordable these days) are nice.
By Kaerin 2011-07-30 21:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to suggest cheating with spellcast, I just want to add that using clipper to force normal speed with dusk+1 is amazing, if you're going cheat, at least do it the correct way.

Spellcast can not adjust gear based on acc and crit rate,(as far as I know) and therefor its not useful for ninja imo, since acc/crit rate are the determining factors for which gear set is best to TP in.
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-07-30 21:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That's when it becomes your turn to know what situations require what sets.
 Gilgamesh.Kovalev
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2011-07-30 21:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Shaay said:
just honestly, there is so many threads about this, just look around :/

Why don't you let the guy start his thread and interract with ppl that want to. Getting tired of seeing those kind of smart a** comments, yea yea there are already threads about nin gear grats. It's not like trees need to be cut down to start a thread.

Oh so it's about building a perfectly ordered database? This site is way more about ppl communicating with each other than creating a strict database project.

Just don't reply and wish everyone does the same if that's what your into. Forum pros... /sigh