users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » About Shikanofuda
About Shikanofuda
 Carbuncle.Samwytch
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Samwytch 2011-07-18 00:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm sorta new to NIN and Universal tools like Shikanofuda, and I just noticed that these are consumed before Shihei for Utsusemi. I was wondering if there was a plugin for windower or a program maybe someone could suggest that would take 1 Shikanofuda out of my Mog Sack to cast Myoshu or Migawari.

I'm not sure what the general census is, if people just buy Myoshu and Migawari's actual tools instead of Universal, or if theres some trick to consuming Shihei first instead. Thanks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-18 00:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no trick, standard tools are always consumed first if they're in your inventory.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2011-07-18 00:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never experienced this problem and I've held Shihei and Shikanofuda tools since the week they came out.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-18 00:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought unis only got used if you DON'T have the specific tool for that jutsu... Did they ninja nerf this? Idk, i don't typically use the uni tools as they are F'IN EXPENSIVE... Though they are pretty practical for the mokujins, as sometimes their price is wicked high
 Ifrit.Jynxy
Server: Ifrit
user: Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-07-18 00:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting question, i don't actually know if there is a windower plugin that can move stuff from your sack and into your inventory. So the honest answer is i don't know but your best bet to find out if there is plugin of the like would be windower.net. There's a section on the site somewhere with all the plugins that people have come up with and download links.

Just outta curiousity.. why is it that you want to use the universal for Myoshu/Migawari and not utsusemi? (Not much of a ninja anymore)
 Carbuncle.Samwytch
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Samwytch 2011-07-18 00:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I just tried casting Utsusemi three times, with both tools available, and Shikanofuda was consumed first. I relogged and now it's the way you're both describing. Must have just been a bug.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-18 00:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jynxy said:
Just outta curiousity.. why is it that you want to use the universal for Myoshu/Migawari and not utsusemi? (Not much of a ninja anymore)
Miga tools are sold at a hilarious markup, at least around here. Over twice the price of a universal tool. Don't recall price on Myoshu tools. Personally, I use Shihei and then the three universal tools in order to save inventory space, maybe Monomi/Tonko tools if I have space since they're cheap. Even with nuking gear and proc weapons in mog sack I'm at 70+/80, if I have to pull either of those out things get very cramped.