empyrean vs. relic
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-07-17 14:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For DRG I'd do either OaT or Mythic. I wouldn't waste time/money on drg empy/relic :S
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-17 14:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Not getting TP fast enough is sawesome. If your accuracy blows to the point that sushi is needed to cap, then I can guarrantee you than meat will suck balls.

example O :

75% hitrate + 150 attack from RCB

VS

95% accuracy and 50 attacks from pizza

100 attack difference means -25% damage on TP & WS.
75%> 95% acc is is +26% damage overtime

In practice you can afford more str and attack on the pizza setup because of gorget and belt too, and because the ws gear you will use for kaiten probably has moar accuracy anyway.

Can you read the thread before you spew your nonsense. please.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-17 14:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said:
Its not the matter of money as much as the idea of making something that expensive that could potentially be inferior. I have rhongomiant and its almost level 90. If gungnir is better i will commit to it. If its only marginal i will pass.

How does the Empyrean WS compare to Drakes outside? I'd assume if its stronger then it would trump Gungnir. Inside both would be spamming drakes, which would make Gungnir the Superior weapon.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-07-17 14:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Bismarck.Osaia said:
Its not the matter of money as much as the idea of making something that expensive that could potentially be inferior. I have rhongomiant and its almost level 90. If gungnir is better i will commit to it. If its only marginal i will pass.

How does the Empyrean WS compare to Drakes outside? I'd assume if its stronger then it would trump Gungnir. Inside both would be spamming drakes, which would make Gungnir the Superior weapon.

Would'nt it be optimal to ws at 300tp for aftermath, then spam drakes until you gotta redo aftermath?
Not like building tp is a problem for DRG >_>
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-17 14:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

something unrelated:
aren't yoichi and armageddon essentially the same weapon?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-07-17 14:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Bismarck.Osaia said:
Would'nt it be optimal to ws at 300tp for aftermath, then spam drakes until you gotta redo aftermath? Not like building tp is a problem for DRG >_>
yush.
 Bismarck.Osaia
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-07-17 14:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Bismarck.Osaia said:

The ws is no drakesbane, but i put up respectable 2~2.4k numbers outside. I mainly use it tp setup aftermath or a self light skillchain. Imo its a good weapon.
 Ragnarok.Matix
Server: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-07-17 15:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
Would there be any point to upgrading yoichi for RNG if I already have Anni, Gandiva, and Armageddon? NIN and RNG are my main jobs and I really don't want to mess with leveling another job mostly due to inv space so it's either lolkikoku for town gear or Yoichi. Would there be any situation where I would want to use yoichi over anni/gandiva.
while sam isnt exactly the most popular job atthe moment, yoichi sam is insanely powerful, i used to like to describe kaiten sams as massive hate machines, and yoichi sam being the exact opposite, insane hateless ws machine. i know salvage isnt a good baseline anymore, but going yoichi sam then/there used to beone of the most potent combinations imagineable. easily throw out 12-14k damage w/o the chariot even looking at you, and if i had some nasty temps things could get even crazier! additionally since theres a 25% ws increase now, its worthy to note namas does pretty much identical to sidewinder damage(that should make coro DEFINITELY beat slug since its a tad more powerful than namas arrow), an example i can give in ragards to side vs namas, was that giant in altepa, sidewinder did 1 damage LESS than namas arrow. previously sidewinder was still "better" and refulgent arrow being a good 300tp start-of-the-zerg ws. i mean we have jishnu and stuff now, but that said, i would never give my yoichi up for anthing still!
 Ragnarok.Matix
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-07-17 15:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
something unrelated:
aren't yoichi and armageddon essentially the same weapon?

not at all >_> wildfire is magical and subject to resists, especically outside of abyssea, the only thing in common they have is a low enmity weapon skill, and anni has that aswell
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-07-17 15:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

build relic staff -.-
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-07-17 16:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
Does anyone have a few screenshots of Lv.90 relic ws numbers?

Parsed averages on mobs > single screenshots :/

and clearly, BLU with its A- skill in a single handed weapon can easily cap acc on EVERYTHING while a relic 2hander with A+, can't. Get with the times, gimps.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 16:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
you should use sushi on sam with amano

go wipe to dragua some more
[+]
By volkom 2011-07-17 16:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said:
volkom said:

and clearly, BLU with its A- skill in a single handed weapon can easily cap acc on EVERYTHING while a relic 2hander with A+, can't. Get with the times, gimps.

5min video of some killing would be cool
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-07-17 16:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said:
volkom said:

Just really LOL.

2 handed Relic users gain +35 Accuracy. You're saying a one hander can cap accuracy on everything, but relic can't? Ridiculous.

Time will tell what SE does with Relics, Mythics, Empyreans. The road their taking seems to show they want Relics to be superior fire power, but it's still too early to tell.

Relics really do need a face lift as far as what they can do overall, they really haven't touched on that yet. They need to. Relic and Mythics will forever be the big boys of the game. Not the weapon that becomes the new standard. It's like Nyzul Weapons becoming useful, and everyone portraying them as the greatest of all time.

What happens when SE releases new weapon skills? What if they're amazing? Is it really gonna matter that you have a Tachi: Fudo, or Drakesbane? Is SE going to go on a limb and make - Tachi: Fudo II?

It's a rough sketch, and right now Empyreans are indeed kicking the most butt out there, minus a few odd ball ones... Scythe... anyways.

Even if we relic users have screens to show we're breaking 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k. The rebut is always going to be: "But we have ODD 35-40% Activation, But we have +15 STR"

It's a mute point. Relics are rare, Empyreans aren't, Mythics are hardly sought out for unless it's DRG, BLU, DNC, WHM. Don't really see any others.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-17 16:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Carbuncle.Xenhas said:
volkom said:

Just really LOL.

2 handed Relic users gain +35 Accuracy. You're saying a one hander can cap accuracy on everything, but relic can't? Ridiculous.

lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-17 16:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Carbuncle.Xenhas said:
volkom said:

Just really LOL.

You need to work on your detect sarcasm skill
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-07-17 16:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Carbuncle.Xenhas said:
volkom said:

Just really LOL.

Time will tell what SE does with Relics, Mythics, Empyreans. The road their taking seems to show they want Relics to be superior fire power, but it's still too early to tell.

Relics really do need a face lift as far as what they can do overall, they really haven't touched on that yet. They need to. Relic and Mythics will forever be the big boys of the game. Not the weapon that becomes the new standard. It's like Nyzul Weapons becoming useful, and everyone portraying them as the greatest of all time.

What happens when SE releases new weapon skills? What if they're amazing? Is it really gonna matter that you have a Tachi: Fudo, or Drakesbane? Is SE going to go on a limb and make - Tachi: Fudo II?

It's a rough sketch, and right now Empyreans are indeed kicking the most butt out there, minus a few odd ball ones... Scythe... anyways.

Even if we relic users have screens to show we're breaking 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k. The rebut is always going to be: "But we have ODD 35-40% Activation, But we have +15 STR"

It's a mute point. Relics are rare, Empyreans aren't, Mythics are hardly sought out for unless it's DRG, BLU, DNC, WHM. Don't really see any others.

how rare or sought out something is has no bearing on anything, gugnir was a gigantic waste of probably a lot of peoples' time grats
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-07-17 16:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pchan, go be french somewhere else please.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-07-17 16:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you attack me directly over Gungnir? I love it.

Am I wrong in what I'm saying? I'm giving Empyreans their shine, but I'm not gonna sit here and consider them as I said, the greatest of all time.

Gungnir has it's shine where it's due, unless you magically have 2-3 Dragoon's at every event giving Angon so it's always up for that magical 20% physical defense down on an enemy, which at this point in the game comes out to being what, = to 140 attack boost guessing?

The proc rate is very decent, triggers on Jumps as well. Oh, and yeah, it is 19.7% even though Wiki has a magical -17%.

In anycase, I stated Empyreans are the winning ticket right now, don't get it twisted.
 Bahamut.Alukat
Server: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-07-17 17:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

6k SA + Mercy stroke inside Abyssea was my highest (atmas: RR/apoc/MC , could have used a 3rd DD atma & food for more dmg tho)
3,8k SA + Mercy stroke was my highest outside of abyssea, ep ziz in mamook.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-07-17 17:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bravura is obviously the best cause it is -30 eva and -18ish% defense to mob, and lets you TP in ~50% pdt while keeping capped haste!!! maybe not. But theres that potential!
By volkom 2011-07-17 18:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said:
Bravura is obviously the best cause it is -30 eva and -18ish% defense to mob, and lets you TP in ~50% pdt while keeping capped haste!!! maybe not. But theres that potential!

apoc is better imo, cuz it heals
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-17 18:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
Odin.Sawtelle said:

apoc is better imo, cuz it heals

Guttler is better because it's Thirsty.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-17 18:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Amador... you forgot Kenkonken. That mythic is broken lol... For its job its ridiculously powerful and Pummel is a WS that is viable with smite (except the double light factor that smite can produce).
Everybody always forgets about the damn pup mythic lol
[+]
By volkom 2011-07-17 18:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Amador... you forgot Kenkonken. That mythic is broken lol... For its job its ridiculously powerful and Pummel is a WS that is viable with smite (except the double light factor that smite can produce).
Everybody always forgets about the damn pup mythic lol

i forgot people still play that job
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-07-17 19:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc wins when all relic's aftermath surpasses normal caps ala-aegis.

I don't care though.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-07-17 19:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Why would you attack me directly over Gungnir? I love it.

Am I wrong in what I'm saying? I'm giving Empyreans their shine, but I'm not gonna sit here and consider them as I said, the greatest of all time. OF. ALL. TIME!

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Yuffy
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2011-07-17 20:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Gilgamesh.Hunewearl said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
enjoy eating your sushi as i use my red curry, sir hochomasamune ninja

Aw is that the best you got? I have 4 empys, Ninja is a red proc tool and nothing more. I don't eat sushi, I was on BLU and able to hit them just fine with red curry bun, suck less.
You should try to go past tier 1, little boy.

You don't know me son.
Should I remind you that you are the one advertising yourself on more than one forum of the FFXI community?

With that out of the way, I am the one that is unknown here. So from behind my bush I can clearly tell you: step your game up, this is laughable at best.

I was killing tier 4 Voidwatch NMs that you probably still didn't have your first voidstone. While the DDs in my LS were far from perfect, some of them were more than decent and without sushi they cried like little girls, period (all Empyrean tier DDs mind you). Your BLU can be nicknamed Jesus, you don't hold a candle to a 2 handed DD when it comes to accuracy with the standard TP set nowadays, not even talking of what a 2 handed can pull if you just gear for accuracy.

Try harder, little boy.
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-07-17 20:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me or is Draylo becoming more skilled with turning any conversation into blu vs. the world?

I mean page 1 of Empy vs. Relic and we are arguing blu vs. stuff.
[+]
 Ifrit.Herc
Server: Ifrit
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-07-17 20:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

A BLU Army!!!