Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssite from Normal Mobs
Abyssite from Normal Mobs
 Leviathan.Priestbilly
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Priestbilly 2011-07-15 01:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SE:
The conditions for obtaining abyssite from normal enemies have been altered.

What exactly does that entail? I've been trying with a friend for a while now to get the Tonberry's Abyssite of Celerity and it doesn't seem much different than it used to be; a long drawn out pain. Anyone have an idea what they're referring to?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-15 01:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Guessing everyone in the party gets it instead of just the one that claims?
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-07-15 02:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean a long drawn out pain? I got it on 6 characters by simply claiming it and then killing it going 1/1 on all 6...

Killing Tonberry Bedevilers or Cryptonberry Occultist in the Abyssea - Konschtat zone.

Have whoever needs it, claim the monster
 Valefor.Appare
Server: Valefor
user: appare
By Valefor.Appare 2011-07-15 02:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Priestbilly said:
I've been trying with a friend for a while now to get the Tonberry's Abyssite of Celerity and it doesn't seem much different than it used to be; a long drawn out pain.

The last 3 times i helped someone to get this abyssite, it always dropped on 1st or 2nd mob. But that was pre update.

I´d think Austar is right with his assumption, now prolly everyone gets it.
 Leviathan.Priestbilly
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Priestbilly 2011-07-15 02:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:
What do you mean a long drawn out pain? I got it on 6 characters by simply claiming it and then killing it going 1/1 on all 6...

I got it on my own character first try, everyone else I EVER help takes two or three hours. Friend got hers not 10 minutes ago so no break from tradition.

I had her claiming all the mobs as is the norm, she got the Tonberries Celerity but not the Ephemeral's Lenienty.

If anyone gets some quick tests done, I'm starting to lean towards everyone in PT gets now.
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Yuffy
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2011-07-15 02:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:
It can be a real pain to get this key item, some people have been as far as running out of stone just farming it.

I have a rather disgusting drop rate on D ring yet it's far from something you see every single KB.