users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Veteran cooking guild point item
Veteran cooking guild point item
 Kujata.Kylar
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
By Kujata.Kylar 2008-03-27 09:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

the guild point item for veterans didn't up date from the Herb Crawler Eggs. It should show Shark Fin Soup as the item for today.
 Ramuh.Rikapi
Premium
Server: Ramuh
user: Rikapi
By Ramuh.Rikapi 2008-03-28 03:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you remember to reload? My veteran area listed Shark Fin Soup just now.
(though the Artisan line reads the now-defunct Snoll Gelato, which I think is a bigger problem...)

// start edited area

Maybe the pattern update is an hour behind due to the switch to Daylight Savings Time...?
Or, it could be simply that the information source that AH pulls the pattern info from was a bit slow in updating today. :)
 Kujata.Kylar
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Kylar 2008-03-29 02:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe it was the daylight's savings time thing or something, I didn't check it again later...

Rikapi said:
Or, it could be simply that the information source that AH pulls the pattern info from was a bit slow in updating today. :)

so then the info is actually "pulled" from somewhere each day? For some reason, I was thinking that someone had watched all the crafting item rotations and by following the pattern, knew what the next item would be.
 Ramuh.Rikapi
Premium
Server: Ramuh
user: Rikapi
By Ramuh.Rikapi 2008-03-29 03:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

First off: I'm sorry... I was on crack yesterday >.>
AH's guild patterns, like most other sites, is user-report-based. (it would really help to scroll to the bottom of your screen before speaking, it really would)

What we know in advance:
* the 8 possibilities for each skill level (labeled A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H)
* the pattern which determines the recipe level of today's assignment, based on your current skill level (this is the table that you see at the top of the Guild Pattern screen)

What we don't know in advance:
* which of the 8 possibilites today's pattern will be (hence you have the "today's reports" and "submit report" at the bottom of said GP screen)

As far as I know, there is no way to correctly forecast tomorrow's pattern (if there was, none of the guild pattern sites wouldn't have to base their pattern shows on user reports like they do now), so at least one person has to manually fetch data in vana'diel every day.

So, I think the case was either (1) DST delayed the pattern shift for an hour (as pattern change is midnight JST), and you looked at that pattern during that one hour window, or (2) nobody had reported anything after the pattern change so the pattern had not updated itself to that day's correct patterns...