New Yonin/Innin?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » New Yonin/Innin?
New Yonin/Innin?
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-07-11 22:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I know the recast was reduced to 3 minutes, but did the duration also get reduced?

If not, due to the nature of the degradation over time of the buffs, this could mean full timing one or the other as soon as recasts are down, will increase the performance of both abilities, which is fun.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 22:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't get a chance to test it =( no idea.
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-07-11 22:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Duration doesn't seemed reduced. I didn't test it to the second, but it's definitly not 3 minutes.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-07-11 22:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

was 5m duration pre-update
guessing its the same as hasso/seigan now with ability to override yonnin with innin or vice versa as long as recast is up
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-07-11 22:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also what is this all about?

-The issue wherein the effects of the ninjutsu Myoshu: Ichi and Yurin: Ichi were reversed.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-07-11 22:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said:
Also what is this all about? -The issue wherein the effects of the ninjutsu Myoshu: Ichi and Yurin: Ichi were reversed.
The animations for the spells was reversed.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-07-11 22:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ah
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-07-11 22:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If outside abyssea where we do not tear hate away so easily from a competent tank that is not NIN, I can see Innin being crazy good now that we can wipe the most degraded 2 minutes off with fresh enmity down and crit rate up over and over.
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-07-11 22:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said:
Leviathan.Draugo said:
Also what is this all about? -The issue wherein the effects of the ninjutsu Myoshu: Ichi and Yurin: Ichi were reversed.
The animations for the spells was reversed.
I knew I was crazy. Lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-11 22:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said:
If outside abyssea where we do not tear hate away so easily from a competent tank that is not NIN, I can see Innin being crazy good now that we can wipe the most degraded 2 minutes off with fresh enmity down and crit rate up over and over.
You're overestimating how long it takes to cap hate. It'll help a little, yes, but it won't keep you from cotanking.
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2011-07-12 00:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

yonin and innin dura was 5 mins. They have not said the duration was lowered just the recast. Hasso and Seigen has a recast timer of 1 min and dura of 5 mins. Tho it is useful its not as versital as Sams abilites. Sam was the sub tank in the plan when nin came out. Players made nin a tank so SE is trying to give us what we want w/o over powering ninja. While the recast timers are great switching from - acc, nin tool exp. and increased eva to ninjitu damage increase acc increase and crit hit when striking from behind every min. like sam would make nin more of a higher DoT then intented.
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2011-07-12 00:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the Competent tank comment. Ninja is a A- job. Most DD jobs are A+. And have raw damage. Ninja damage is DoT with decent w/s damage. Only real way ninja really tank is when the party control there DPS. Its not as much as the NIN isnt competent, its more who is spawming the ws to pull the hate from the NIN. as night said where NIN has to build hate with provoke and DoT. Most DD can dish it out off the fly and keep dishing it.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-07-12 01:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i tried it when i first got on, timer is 5mins, recast is 3.

both on seperate timers, but innin overwrites yonin and vice versa. (both can't be up at the same time)