Zerg Drk Still Applicable?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Zerg Drk Still Applicable?
Zerg Drk Still Applicable?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-11 22:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien said:
Then please, post some parses. I'm parsing against maxed geared/smart people here.

smart people don't let their associates upgrade annihilator

Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 22:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

A 1420 high on smite during a zerg? Umm...
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-11 22:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Toxleh said:
macsdf1 said:
How can 100% crit lose out to vere or even masa, which doesn't even crit. Maybe you have some very shitty warriors. Maybe you're talking about inside abyssea? I wouldn't know never had to zerg in there. We only need to zerg on arch DL, and last fight I parsed almost dbl the vere monks.

Hundred Fists rails mighty strikes? lol, masamune rails outside in general?
If Hundred Fists is raping MS, you should start bringing a BRD.

Bahamut.Serj said:
Actually, mnks shouldn't use their 2hr when they zerg, or they attack slower =(
I'm fairly sure HF sets you to the delay reduction cap and we just didn't understand how MA factored into that when that testing was done.

Didn't realize MA factored into delay reduction cap. That means mnk needs a ton less total haste to meet the cap if it's based on base hth delay (or base MA1 delay).

Hmm. Still unneeded to use HF in a zerg situation =\
iirc it's base delay + weapon delay. For example, that would mean that Verethragna caps at 531*0.2=106.2 delay. 280-5+51=326 delay, 326*(1-x)=106.2, x=67.4% haste (691/1024). Anything beyond that wouldn't help with Vere + Tantra Cyclas +2.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-07-11 22:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of the new mobs SE is introducing is resistant to Soul Eater, so it makes DRK Zerg something you can't really depend on anymore, old content you would do fine on, but anything released from abyssea and beyond you'll hit something that will have some form of resistance to Soul Eater, which anyone who knows what DRK zerging is, is where all the damage from that KC/Mkris comes from.
 Sylph.Bowserx
Server: Sylph
user: Garasu
By Sylph.Bowserx 2011-07-11 22:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We been doing DLs with Vere MNKx2 #1(90) #2(85) WHM RDM THF(Twashtar 90) and a 2 boxed BRD. With no 2hours used and normally pop 3-5 DL/run depending on luck farming the pop items
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 22:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Toxleh said:
macsdf1 said:
How can 100% crit lose out to vere or even masa, which doesn't even crit. Maybe you have some very shitty warriors. Maybe you're talking about inside abyssea? I wouldn't know never had to zerg in there. We only need to zerg on arch DL, and last fight I parsed almost dbl the vere monks.

Hundred Fists rails mighty strikes? lol, masamune rails outside in general?
If Hundred Fists is raping MS, you should start bringing a BRD.

Bahamut.Serj said:
Actually, mnks shouldn't use their 2hr when they zerg, or they attack slower =(
I'm fairly sure HF sets you to the delay reduction cap and we just didn't understand how MA factored into that when that testing was done.

Didn't realize MA factored into delay reduction cap. That means mnk needs a ton less total haste to meet the cap if it's based on base hth delay (or base MA1 delay).

Hmm. Still unneeded to use HF in a zerg situation =\
iirc it's base delay + weapon delay. For example, that would mean that Verethragna caps at 531*0.2=106.2 delay. 280-5+51=326 delay, 326*(1-x)=106.2, x=67.4% haste. Anything beyond that wouldn't help with Vere + Tantra Cyclas +2.

Means mnk gets a lot less of a boost from their typical damage during zergs than other jobs do =\

Interesting, thank you Night.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-11 22:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said:
Maybe you don't zerg with max haste or someting? 100 fists does nothing whenfully hasted.
Player Total Dmg Damage % Melee Dmg
Warrior 30519 21.27 % 15947
Mnk 11954 8.33 % 7771

- Ukko's Fury 14572 100.00 % 5/0 100.00 % 1479/4942 2914.40
- Victory Smite 4183 100.00 % 4/0 100.00 % 0000/1420 1045.75

You can see the difference there is when you don't have super mega crit rate like you do inside abyssea. Mighty strikes simply blows everything away.

This is vs Arch dynamis lord btw, have you even fought it? The one 0 hit is when he's invulnerable for a few seconds. But compare his ws avg and highs to mine. Top 3 dmg were all warriors by far, with a relic war coming in 2nd even.

yea, that mnk is trash.

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Then please, post some parses. I'm parsing against maxed geared/smart people here.

smart people don't let their associates upgrade annihilator

The gun has its uses and works well vs trash mobs like dynamis and einherjar. Busting out 2-3k coro every 3 seconds is nice
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 22:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How much do your victory smites do outside of abyssea, vs IT con bosses lol? We're not parsing vs EP trash mobs, this is versus arch dynamis lord. He had 18% crit rate or so. Warriors all parsed 65% crit rate. If VS doesn't crit then it's gonna be ***.

I'm talking about ARCH dynamis lord, not NQ easy as ***NQ dynamis lord. Wtfux do you even need to zerg that lol? And he's not a trash monk, he's got the best gear in the game. VS is just ***when you don't crit.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-11 22:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
A lot of the new mobs SE is introducing is resistant to Soul Eater

even if this wasn't the case, "normal" methods of damage have increased, while drk zerging has not, since they've been at 26% haste since 75 and nothing beats kraken club still (obviously)

all they gain is hp, which is certainly not enough for them to keep up with everything else available these days

The gun has its uses and works well vs trash mobs like dynamis and einherjar. Busting out 2-3k coro every 3 seconds is nice

welcome to what polearm samurai was basically doing back at 75
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 22:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said:
How much do your victory smites do outside of abyssea, vs IT con bosses lol? We're not parsing vs EP trash mobs, this is versus arch dynamis lord. He had 18% crit rate or so. Warriors all parsed 65% crit rate. If VS doesn't crit then it's gonna be ***.

Huh.................... ._.

I'm pretty sure I've seen some SS on smite doing 3-4k on Arch DL. Impetus really works well, ya know.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-11 22:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said:

I'm talking about ARCH dynamis lord, not NQ easy as ***NQ dynamis lord. Wtfux do you even need to zerg that lol? And he's not a trash monk, he's got the best gear in the game. VS is just ***when you don't crit.

well no ***, sherlock. Why is he only getting 18% crit rate with impetus and blood rage up? he should be capped att/acc in an arch dl zerg. or even more if you bother to bring cors, or have the ppl
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-11 22:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said:

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-11 22:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:

welcome to what polearm samurai was basically doing back at 75

cept the part where they actually hit that high consistently while keeping the ws frequency at 3 seconds, not to mention the awesome solo darks.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-11 22:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

this story

it's a cool one
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 22:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

18% crit avg during the whole fight. 2 hours wore off before it died as well as other various buffs. Why not go fight ADL yourself and post the numbers you get. Zerging kirin or AV at lvl 90 isn't the same ***as ADL.

Of course you see some 3-4k smites, if your crits proc...
I've done 5k ukkos, but you certainly don't avg that. One missed hit and there goes your impetus.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 22:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said:
18% crit avg during the whole fight. 2 hours wore off before it died as well as other various buffs. Why not go fight ADL yourself and post the numbers you get. Zerging kirin or AV at lvl 90 isn't the same ***as ADL.

I've done 5k ukkos, but you certainly don't avg that. One missed hit and there goes your impetus.

Again, mnks shouldn't 2hr (does nothing) and a miss is made up in several seconds at attack speed cap. A 1420 *high* is horrible. And it better be dead before SV march and impetus wear.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-11 22:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said:

SIGH

Of course luck always plays a role. When you're hitting the acc cap (omg 95%!) the chances of not getting good impetus VS off are highly unlikely. With BR and the crit from vs itself, is 30%. and this doesnt include* any ddex tiers you're hitting.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-11 22:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Another DRK thread hijacked into MNK-WAR *** measuring contests.
[+]
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 22:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Non empy melee did well under 1k dmg ws avg. If the monk had a cor the numbers would be higher sure. There simply isn't room for one for that fight, you need specific jobs. Had to add in the thief for th, drg for angon and jumps. 2 bards, 3 smns, 2 rdms, whms then rest are dd. ADL can be a *** to kill as he splits into multiple copies, it's no where near a 100% win, kill it before buffs fade deal. Wars would parse 100% crit if it died that fast, but it doesn't.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 22:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

You forgot sam!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-11 22:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

You forgot sam!

There's probably an Asian Penis joke in there somewhere. I don't wanna get Krizz'd though.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-07-11 22:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said:
Maybe you don't zerg with max haste or someting? 100 fists does nothing whenfully hasted. Player Total Dmg Damage % Melee Dmg Warrior 30519 21.27 % 15947 Mnk 11954 8.33 % 7771 - Ukko's Fury 14572 100.00 % 5/0 100.00 % 1479/4942 2914.40 - Victory Smite 4183 100.00 % 4/0 100.00 % 0000/1420 1045.75 You can see the difference there is when you don't have super mega crit rate like you do inside abyssea. Mighty strikes simply blows everything away. This is vs Arch dynamis lord btw, have you even fought it? The one 0 hit is when he's invulnerable for a few seconds. But compare his ws avg and highs to mine. Top 3 dmg were all warriors by far, with a relic war coming in 2nd even.

1)Statistical perspective: that parse should be thrown out the window as war vs mnk since mnk WSed during an imunity time.

2) personal perspective: I have to wonder about this parse as a relic warrior beat a 3rd(I assume ukon warrior) during something where you should have mighty strikes/BR(helps RR too, but I mean its ukko's)/after math(increased melee rate). Looking at the mnk he got 4 WSs in the entire fight. Thats not a fight that sounds like it took over 60seconds(BR duration) given tp gain with marchs. 1400 is a horrible high given that he should have had BR.

I agree war>mnk in a zerg, but this parse has a lot I would question in it.
[+]
By volkom 2011-07-11 22:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

drk with caladbolg's aftermath and last resort with haste/bard songs would win right?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-11 22:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
drk with caladbolg's aftermath and last resort with haste/bard songs would win right?

Over what? Multihit Souleater, yeah.

Warrior or Monk with the same buffs, no.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-11 22:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said:
Non empy melee did well under 1k dmg ws avg. If the monk had a cor the numbers would be higher sure. There simply isn't room for one for that fight, you need specific jobs. Had to add in the thief for th, drg for angon and jumps. 2 bards, 3 smns, 2 rdms, whms then rest are dd. ADL can be a *** to kill as he splits into multiple copies, it's no where near a 100% win, kill it before buffs fade deal. Wars would parse 100% crit if it died that fast, but it doesn't.

I can't testify myself about arch dl, but from what I heard from forum linkshells and friends, its extremely squishy and good players do it with less than 12. You must be doing something horribly wrong. There was a video floating around of a 18man group doing it in less than 90, so im not sure how buffs wearing are an issue with good players.

We'll probably be doing it later this week when we get enough ppl online, so I'll post my results then.
By volkom 2011-07-11 22:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
volkom said:

yup, but also, drk's got access to twilight scythe which would be nice if a mob did invincible or something like that
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 23:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

the relic war beat him cause the 2nd ukon WS during an invince too. They were close, but relic war isn't shitty at all outside abyssea. We all pulled ahead not due to the WS but our 100% crit dot damage. The WS is only 1/2 the dmg, still out dot the monk 2 to 1 due to the ODD And 100% crits.
The 3rd war, who has coin weapon, only parsed around 17k total dmg, due to no ODD, but also had one ws vs invince. Dunno if you guys have fought it but can't really time ***to not ws during his invince.

mnk avged 136 per hit btw, I avg'd 400 dmg per hit. 15,947 vs 7771 in dot dmg.

You can probobaly kill it with 12, if you are lucky and kill the right one when it splits. If you don't then you are ***, or if it does his insta death moves and wipes your dd out. We bring 18 to raise the chances of a kill. This parse wsa from killing 2 copies.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-07-11 23:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
volkom said:

Over one-hander multihit zerg, probably, but only for lack of Last Resort making up for proper full buffs.

OAT or OA2-4 Scythe or GS going absolutely crazy? Tougher call.

Depends how much mob there is to beat the piss out of, or rather just how long the fight lasts. In the truest 'zerg' sense it would flipflop across a whole bunch of durations, with Caladbolg/Redemption winning in obscenely short fights because of Sekka Self-SC, multihits powering on past them until Blood Weapon and eventually Souleater wears, and then Vanilla DD'ing eventually evening it out.

I think the answer is actually 'Drop your Sekka Self-SC then switch to 2-hander multihit for Souleater'.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-07-11 23:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

At 75 on Warrior I was able to out damage Mkris/Rune Chopper/etc DRKs on zergs. At 80 I was able best my friend who used Octave Club. It's pretty much a dead king. I still think it's cool as *** though. Especially when an Elvaan does it. They have such ridiculous body motions along with the club swings.

What I've been wondering, and I couldn't tell if it's been asked in this thread though(all that War/mnk/sam *** measuring) is how many of the Voidwatch monsters build/have heavy resistance to Souleater? I assume all of them? I really haven't been able to get into Voidwatch due to my cohort's and my own schedules.
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 23:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwatch isn't about zerging, it's about triggering as much weakness as possible, not just simply killing the boss with as few as possible or fast as possible with a zerg. You won't get any good drops at all if you kill it like that.

We don't even bring mnk or war to dd them lol, a drk would surely get one shot by an aoe if he tried to zerg.