Rudra's Storm Dmg Pics!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Rudra's Storm dmg pics!
Rudra's Storm dmg pics!
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Cerberus.Oseryu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2011-07-10 01:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dodu said:
Leviathan.Apoptygma said:
P.S. Mythic is Garbage
Probably should have reversed the order on that statement for clarity. DNC's mythic is fantastic outside of Abyssea, while THF's is pretty awful.

I would be interested to see those, never seen mythic on either side of those jobs. But I want more pics on rudra please.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-10 02:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dodu said:
Leviathan.Apoptygma said:

P.S. Mythic is Garbage

Probably should have reversed the order on that statement for clarity. DNC's mythic is fantastic outside of Abyssea, while THF's is pretty awful.

As far as I know, no info on the thf mythic has come out. With it's SA/TA augment IV and 15% increase to its ws, along with OAT, it might be a damn good weapon. Thing is, we don't know.
[+]
 Remora.Dodu
Server: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-07-10 02:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Mercy Stroke was already significantly better than Mandalic Stab at 75, before considering that the boost to Mandau was 10% higher. Additionally, most augments on mythic weapons depreciate severely after their initial boosts, so the SA/TA bonuses at 90 are probably aren't that high.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-10 02:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dodu said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
thanks for the responses, i rarely read BG due to the douchebags on there

You (generally) only get treated poorly on BG when you're acting like an idiot. Mods make swift work of uncalled for assholery.

With a mule and/or friends, Twashtar can be completed in less than a week. Its easily the best dagger available to DNC and THF outside of their relic/mythic, which are (to the best of my knowledge) only better/as good as Twashtar outside of Abyssea. If you care about either job and have the resources, get one.

Yes, it's possible to complete Twashtar in a week, but it's not the norm, I don't think. I've been working on Twashtar with friends. Being on a merged server, Worm/Gnat are always camped all to hell and the spawn mechanics of Minhocao (being that he spawns all over the effing place) means that even if you're there, you're in no way guaranteed to claim it when he pops.

Unless your server is completely DEAD, expect it to take 1.5-2hours per popset/kill if you're doing it the run-around-and-kill-NMs-way (chests are unreliable). That's anywhere from 37.5 to 100 hours (69 hours on average) depending on your luck with Glavoid's drops. So, you'd be devoting 10 hours a day just to Glavoids in a week to "finish" a Twashtar. Of course, if you have 9 automated mules or a bunch of people helping, this is inaccurate, as you can do things much faster.

The thing people don't realize when they say "You can complete X Empyrean in a week/few days/few hours/few minutes!" is that if the person they were telling that to had the resources/friends/abuseablearmyofmindlesszombiesbecausethey'reshellorsackintheirlinkshell to do that, they would have done it already and wouldn't be asking about the weapon.

I think it's much more realistic to tell people the following, based on my experiences with Glavoid:

For the Glavoid stage, you can pretty easily duo popsets on DNC or THF with a NIN or WAR trigger buddy. Expect to spend 3 hours per 2 popsets. Pick up popsets from friends who happen to have spare KIs on the side, if you can. If you do this once per day: farm 2 popsets and kill Glavoid x2, you should be done with this horrible stage in a month or so. If you can occasionally get a 3rd or even 4th person to help, you can speed up the process. But keep in mind, Glavoid and his popsets absolutely suck, and no one wants to bother with it, and you SHOULD feel bad asking for help on it, because it's akin to asking someone to shove bamboo splints under their fingernails for you -- especially if your server is crowded (merged servers). If you DO have a mule and can get useful real-person help, having them sub RNG for widescan will make camping Minhocao MUCH EASIER.

For the fight itself, it's best to bring 3-4 people for safety. Of course you can duo it, but losing a Glavoid pop sucks, so why not be safe? You can tank it on THF or DNC without any special gear, I'd think, as long as you have RR/GH and some respectable 3rd atma. You'll most certainly want a WHM. If the WHM subs BLM for stun, that may be ALL you need as long as they are able to handle healing duties while stunning Gorge/Disgorge. Failing to stun Gorge makes failing to stun future disgorges more dangerous, so I'd say Gorge should be first priority. If you have your merit abyssites, your HP should be high enough that Stonega IV should be a non-issue and you can just eat it and recast shadows. If you're a DNC, you can stun it with Violent Flourish provided that you have Relic Body and a basic MACC set, but I'm not sure and I wouldn't bank on it working for Gorge/Disgorge due to the damage absorb. Additionally, having a BRD is a godsend because Earth Carol II frequently nullifies damage from Glavoid's spells/TP moves, and the combination of Barstonra/Carol (and Earth Wyrm atma if you're inclined to use it) will result in frequent resists to Slowga/StonegaIV. IF your WHM can't handle stunning, bring along a BLM or any other job (RDM/BLM, DRK/RDM) that can stun reliably. I would also not recommend fighting him without some form of Treasure Hunter -- it sucks really bad when a single shell drops.

You can tank him for the most part in basic DD gear since he's a Visions NM and has poor accuracy on LV90 characters as a result. Just turn around during TP moves so you don't heal him. You will undoubtedly heal him some due to the low delay of daggers, but it should be mostly a non-issue. I would, however, recommend you switch to a set that caps subtle blow (if you can) to avoid TP moves at low HP (This is obviously a much bigger issue for THFs than for DNCs, MNKs, or NINs tanking Glavoid). For the most part it's not "necessary," it just makes the fight a lot smoother and helps prevent disgorge spam while stun is down.

As with most things in Abyssea, Evisceration makes Glavoid cry. Just pray you don't trigger blue with it, because then you're in for an annoying fight.

ANYWAY, sorry for the long post, and if you don't care, whatever, but I think this will be much more useful information to people who might want to start a Twashtar than "You can complete it in a week!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-10 02:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dodu said:
Mercy Stroke was already significantly better than Mandalic Stab at 75, before considering that the boost to Mandau was 10% higher. Additionally, most augments on mythic weapons depreciate severely after their initial boosts, so the SA/TA bonuses at 90 are probably aren't that high.

It was at 10% increase to SA/TA crit damage at 75. Assuming a 2% upgrade per trait, that puts it at 16% (soon to be 18% in a month). Mandalic Stab (going off BG wiki here) multiplies attack by 1.66. I believe relic ws don't get any modifiers.

Again, not saying it's the best, but I'm saying it doesn't seem as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Edit: Holy crap that was a long post dude. Took me longer to write this than it did you that.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-10 02:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:

As with most things in Abyssea, Evisceration makes Glavoid cry. Just pray you don't trigger blue with it, because then you're in for an annoying fight.

wut?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-10 02:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

wut?

Maybe Glavoid doesn't rage if you spam blue !! on him, but I know it's definitely happened to me with yellow !! on Ironclads (soloing with regurgitation/mind blast ---> mind blast triggered, I decided to keep going and raged it). Also happened on Cuelebre back in Abyssea-Noob days when no one knew how to trigger weaknesses and I guess we happened to trigger with Water IV and the BLMs spammed it thinking it was a good thing!

Personally, I haven't taken the risk since then.
 Bahamut.Alukat
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-07-10 02:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

and how's the rudra's dmg outside of abyssea?at kcnm as example.
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 02:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
It's really good for thf when stacked. Alone, you should be using evisceration unless you want to activate ODD. There was a thread a little bit earlier that linked to someone's photobucket showing the ws hitting 6-7k and some ODD SAs hitting for 2.4k.

Let me look rq.

Unless you don't think 7k damage is impressive. I think Mercy Stroke can do more damage because of it's dmg boost at 90, but ODD brings Twash ahead currently.

Mercy Stroke fail even @90, even a 50% bonus wont save that fail WS. Is all about personal choice, but if you wan my opinion, screw that fail dagger empy, if you about to do glavoid path, go for Ukon, guaranted to spam 5k minimum to 14k, and outside abyssea is still insane damage.

Mandau/twas would probably be more fun if the game had a real TANK where everyone line up and can SA and TA withotu problem, is major problem now, everyone move like they have worm in they ***, so GL do SA or TA, and without SA/TA, enjoy the 45~365 dmg spam.
 Sylph.Rebo
Server: Sylph
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2011-07-10 02:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

wut?

Maybe Glavoid doesn't rage if you spam blue !! on him, but I know it's definitely happened to me with yellow !! on Ironclads (soloing with regurgitation/mind blast ---> mind blast triggered, I decided to keep going and raged it). Also happened on Cuelebre back in Abyssea-Noob days when no one knew how to trigger weaknesses and I guess we happened to trigger with Water IV and the BLMs spammed it thinking it was a good thing!

Spamming blue doesnt cause anything to rage that I have seen. Have experience with numerous mob types throughout abyssea where as luck would have it while on thf when blue happened to be evisceration. Not caring for rare/item drops continued to use ws regardless. I'm sure many others know exactly what im talking about.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-10 02:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
It's really good for thf when stacked. Alone, you should be using evisceration unless you want to activate ODD. There was a thread a little bit earlier that linked to someone's photobucket showing the ws hitting 6-7k and some ODD SAs hitting for 2.4k.

Let me look rq.

Unless you don't think 7k damage is impressive. I think Mercy Stroke can do more damage because of it's dmg boost at 90, but ODD brings Twash ahead currently.

Mercy Stroke fail even @90, even a 50% bonus wont save that fail WS.

Are you high?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-10 02:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rebo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

wut?

Spamming blue doesnt cause anything to rage that I have seen. Have experience with numerous mob types throughout abyssea where as luck would have it while on thf when blue happened to be evisceration. Not caring for rare/item drops continued to use ws regardless. I'm sure many others know exactly what im talking about.

When we noticed yellow doing it on ironclads, they would rage after the 5th trigger. It's terrified me of multitriggering, but if blue doesn't do it, it doesn't do it!
 Sylph.Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2011-07-10 02:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Let me look rq.

Are you high?

Yes.
 Sylph.Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2011-07-10 02:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rebo said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Let me look rq.

Are you high?

Yes.

Oh you weren't talking to me.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 03:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Let me look rq.

Are you high?

You asking me if i am high?, huh i have mandau, and no, you can /cheer my comment in game: MANDAU is damn garbage.

I average Evis for 4~5k WITHOUT SA/TA with mandau, of course is a nice dagger, but mercy fail = no thanks. I wan see a SCREEN shot of 7k mercy stroke, GL on that.

Edit: Even with BREW i bet you wont be able SS a 7k mercy fail.
Edit2: Shoyu show us with BREW what twas do =P a big 4k if i remember on Dragua, (Of course it was without SA/TA still freaking sad if you ask me)
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-10 03:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Let me look rq.

Are you high?

You asking me if i am high?, huh i have mandau, and no, you can /cheer my comment in game: MANDAU is damn garbage.

I average Evis for 4~5k WITHOUT SA/TA with mandau, of course is a nice dagger, but mercy fail = no thanks. I wan see a SCREEN shot of 7k mercy stroke, GL on that.

Edit2: Shoyu show us with BREW what twas do =P a big 4k if i remember on Dragua, (Of course it was without SA/TA still freaking sad if you ask me)

K, so, you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Gotcha.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 03:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Let me look rq.

Are you high?

I must be a mirror. but hey have fun in your miss leading dream.
 Sylph.Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2011-07-10 03:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Let me look rq.

Are you high?

Actually Ilax is correct.

Edit: Inside abyssea mercy stroke will never beat evisceration.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-10 03:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Let me look rq.

Are you high?

Are you willing to put your account on it? Cause i'll go do it right now. the MS that is
[+]
 Cerberus.Oseryu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2011-07-10 03:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Mercy stroke pics wouldn't be bad either, But i don't think it's that bad pics people! Pls and TY
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 03:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rebo said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Let me look rq.

Are you high?

I know i am correct, ive been cursing since i have that relic, i have more SS of that MS fail then i have SS of MS do good dmg. IS AWESOME to close double darkness (Something ewep unable to do) but outside that is ...

Ya you can be like those hater/iknoweverythign without having mandau, and blame my gear, talk talk talk, i have the proper gear, even with +240 STR it still fail at same point.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-10 03:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That's like saying Rudra's will never beat evisceration UNSTACKED. Get the point? If it isn't going to crit, it isn't worth it. Mercy Stroke is better than Rudra'a. And guess what? They're both better than evisceration when stacked.

Good god, do you people even know how to play this game?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 03:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rebo said:

100% agree on that, outside abyssea mercy stroke still very strong.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-10 03:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Sylph.Rebo said:

100% agree on that, outside abyssea mercy stroke still very strong.

Still waiting on reply~~
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-10 03:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said:

Are you willing to put your account on it? Cause i'll go do it right now. the MS that is

Missed this post. Do it Dova, good god.
 Sylph.Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2011-07-10 03:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
That's like saying Rudra's will never beat evisceration UNSTACKED. Get the point? If it isn't going to crit, it isn't worth it. Mercy Stroke is better than Rudra'a. And guess what? They're both better than evisceration when stacked.

So now it's mercy stroke vs RS?
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-07-10 03:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:

I know how to play this game, ill do a quick schematic for you if you still don't understand... Maybe you don't play the job enough who know.

You fight NM, and BAAM NM moved, SA or TA fail, Mercy stroke hit for 65~320 dmg.

You fight the same damn NM: SA/TA fail, Evis still hit for 3~4k DMG.

[/b]And we all know people in abyssea don't move right, and ya tell me the hate don't CAP so quick and mob shift direction every 5 sec.

With Ukon, you don't care if mob change dirrection, is 5~14k in his face. If you still wan go for Twas, is pure personal choice because you liek the job and not because you wan to be impressed by the dmg. (Same go with mandau, you better go for a more useful dyna relic)
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-10 03:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rebo said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

So now it's mercy stroke vs RS?

Stacked. MS > RS > Evis

Unstacked Evis > everything else isn't even worth noting in abyssea.

Herp to the derp.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-10 03:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

I know how to play this game, ill do a quick schematic for you if you still don't understand... Maybe you don't play the job enough who know.

You fight NM, and BAAM NM moved, SA or TA fail, Mercy stroke hit for 65~320 dmg.

You fight the same damn NM: SA/TA fail, Evis hit for 3~4k DMG.

And we all know people in abyssea don't move right, and ya tell me the hate don't CAP so quick and mob shift direction every 5 sec.

With Ukon, you don't care if mob change dirrection, is 5~14k in his face. If you still wan go for Twas, is pure personal choice because you liek the job and not because you wan to be impressed by the dmg. (Same go with mandau, you better go for a more useful dyna relic)

How do you fail TAs?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12