Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Kikoku?
Kikoku?
By Tebernok66 2011-07-07 19:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if a Kikoku is worth getting? I have never seen one on my server, not saying there arent any, i've just never seen. So i really don't have a reference point as far as damage and stuff is concerned. So is there anyone out there that can give me some advice or point me in the direction of some concrete data on it, and btw I have a kannagi85 already so dont bother mentioning it lol.
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-07-07 19:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

From my understanding, Kikoku (90) can serve as a great offhand because of it's extremely strong DPS. Is worth noting that inside abyssea, kamome can work just as well if not better. You'll never main hand it if you have kannagi because of weaker WS and weaker aftermath.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-07-07 19:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Have they fixed the offhand thing, no att+35 if off hand.

Probably best to stick with your kannagi main hand.

Maje on our server has one. Only see him on war with Ukon now. He has some videos on a JP type Youtube somewhere.
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-07 19:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it worth getting in terms of usefulness at this specific time? No, not really. If I were to get a relic it would be a kikoku for two reasons:

1. I'm a career ninja and I couldn't see myself getting any other relic. It would be a sense of pride and accomplishment more than anything.

2. I honestly believe they will make relics the best weapons in the game (or at the very least better than empyreans) and am willing to bet on that.
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-07-07 20:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said:
From my understanding, Kikoku (90) can serve as a great offhand because of it's extremely strong DPS. Is worth noting that inside abyssea, kamome can work just as well if not better. You'll never main hand it if you have kannagi because of weaker WS and weaker aftermath.
too bad u dont get the +35 attack in the offhand
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2011-07-07 20:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Kikoku has been demoted to a fancy high DPS offhand, yes even without the attack it's still got a very high damage output.

But it's not worth getting at this point, if you had one before Empyrean it's one thing, but if I didn't have mine from a long time ago I wouldn't do one now...

So unless they adjust relics in an upcoming trials they are still weaker; Blade: Metsu just barely kept up with Blade: Jin before Abyssea and is so weak compared to both Jin and Hi in Abyssea it's not even funny, plus the aftermath is a joke now that Subtle Blow is so easy to cap.

I do wish SE would drop the offhand nerf crap, being able to get attack and paralyze offhand is far from gamebreaking when you consider STR/Fire path katana gives you +4 more attack (+24 attack) which is more attack than 75 Kikoku did when they decided to nerf them... so basically +11 attack over that is really to muchto ask for after the pain you need to get one to 90?! (I did it before the trial nerf, yep 7,000 ws kills blows, and attestation NMs we're harder and took more time to do before neo-dynamis)
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-07-07 20:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

don't see what base damage has to do with a weapon that grants +10% crit hit damage, +8 acc +8 atk, fairly sure Kamome should trump it, considering all it has going for it in offhand slot is high base damage.
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-07-07 20:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

his tp/ws set says it all
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-07-07 20:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

that poor kannagi.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2011-07-07 20:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

:S too bad empy weapons ***all over relics ._.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-07 21:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

210 delay with no additional stats does not a good offhand weapon make, and we all know Kannagi is a better mainhand. It's junk.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah 2011-07-14 17:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

well I just finished Kikoku :)

I think it was best stated previously. It was an accomplishment for me as a career ninja as ninja was the FIRST JOB to be lvl 75 and such.

However, in terms of usefulness?
1. I hate the magian trials.. it is boring as hell...
2. blade: metsu looks cool/sounds awesome/Sucks balls in dmg
3. Kikoku offhand is just awful.. no additional stats... no paralyze no triple proc no nothing.... so.. yeah...

However, I do believe that sometime in the future they MAY upgrade kikoku a bit more to be stronger and also... I don't have lvl 90 Kikoku yet but I'm thinking it could be competitive to Kannagi inside or outside if you are using Blade: jin.

HOWEVER!!!!!! triple proc never EVER happens... unlike Kannagi's aftermath... so...

what everyone is saying is very true.. kannagi is stronger but... :) if you love ninja why not?

It's not like you need gil for anything else atm~

get em before the bynes price goes through the roof... I saved up 36~ 37 mil before the dynamis update to finish my Kikoku and then.. update happened... bynes price sky rocketted so just finished.. but I AM FINISHED!
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-14 18:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Huge accomplishment, congrats.
By Schwertzauberer 2011-07-14 18:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats DK, Think I saw you in Port Jeuno showing it off. I remember cause I examined you just to see if it was Kikoku. Looks sweet. ^^
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-14 18:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
210 delay with no additional stats does not a good offhand weapon make, and we all know Kannagi is a better mainhand. It's junk.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't give relics the attack bonus when offhanded, seeing how emps give the stats when offhanded (supposedly, from what I've heard).
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-14 18:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

wait a sec, how do you not get the off-hand att? Wtf did SE do? you can off-hand a trial weapon and get its bonuses... >_<
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-07-14 19:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys see the new info about them revamping mythics/relics? I wonder if they will allow people to get the stats/ws with it even off handed.

Would be cool.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-07-14 19:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said:
You guys see the new info about them revamping mythics/relics? I wonder if they will allow people to get the stats/ws with it even off handed.

Would be cool.
Where did you hear that?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-07-14 19:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In the mog lottery thread. It is mixed in amongst the NUH UH xrelic/ymythic is better! stuff
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-07-14 19:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Manque said:
For all rank 1 dreamers... just thought i'd pass this on:

"In the next version update, which is to be accompanied by the “Releasing of the Level Cap”, the developers are planning on introducing the continuation of magian trials for relic weapons, mythic weapons, and empyrean weapons.

Also, the developers understand that there is a demand for the efficiency and performance of relics, mythics, and other equipment to be adjusted.Therefore, the scaling and defining characteristics of these items will be strongly altered. It has even been considered that perhaps altogether new properties will be added to the equipment. (What the effects of such properties may be, or how they will be implemented however, has yet to be determined)."

Translated by myself from the JP official forums.

Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/543-%E3%83%AC%E3%83%AA%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%81%A8%E3%83%9F%E3%82%B7%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%81%AE%E5%BC%B7%E5%8C%96%E3%82%92%EF%BC%81?p=143831&viewfull=1#post143831