First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 12:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Carbuncle.Flionheart said:
It's only a game, people should get less mad about losing an NM.

It's only pixels after all.

That's a shallow way of looking at it. Regardless of where it happens, it's still our time that was wasted.
It was in parody to a previous post
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-07-06 12:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

People just need to realize that keeping claim is a new aspect of the game. Sure it's always been there, but with the fast pace of abyssea it's more prodominant now then ever.
 Odin.Trelan
Server: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2011-07-06 12:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Odin.Trelan said:
Doing zone boss in Misa for new members(me, whm, blm, and a few others). Get charmed tanking as mnk at 2%, NM takes off after whm, blm starts casting blizz5, NM goes white, blm in another party cast blizz5 on our NM and apoc procs, kills NM, blm says "if it's white it's all right." No big deal, as it's an easy pop set to get, however I am very suprised at how desperate ppl are today. My rule for LS is if it is going to depop claim it. Asside from that concentrate on what our LS is doing. Zombie on multi pop NM is w/e, however it is annoying on single pop NMs.
If you weren't taking forever (read: more than 5-6 minutes per nm), then that is complete assholery. edit: why the *** would a BLM use Apoc in the first place? O.o

Nah, it doesnt take long to kill and there are multiple ???.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-06 12:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No one said anything about the people who lost the NM, I was strictly speaking about the person who took it. You filled in the rest of the story again and assumed the all persons are mad when an NM is stolen. I can have the exact same opinion about someone stealing an NM even if it's not my NM, or if it's a friends NM or if I just watched someone do it to someone else.

The topic I was speaking on was not the persons feelings who had the NM stolen it was strictly about the attitude of the person who brags about taking an NM and enjoys it.

Those people come off as pathetic and desperate to me in this community, I think others share this opinion. It reminds me of the 12 year old kids who think it's cool to call people *** while playing Halo, it's immature and sad.. this community can be better than that, has been better than that and in most cases is better than that as a whole.

But.. lesson be learned there are people out there who act like this both in the real world and in game and there isn't much that can be done to stop them the world is their toilet and they will piss where they please. Getting upset with them doesn't really accomplish anything. One can only help that random acts of kindness will in turn generate more random acts of kindness with a pay it forward type idea.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 12:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

No one said anything about the people who lost the NM, I was strictly speaking about the person who took it. You filled in the rest of the story again and assumed the all persons are mad when an NM is stolen. I can have the exact same opinion about someone stealing an NM even if it's not my NM, or if it's a friends NM or if I just watched someone do it to someone else.

The topic I was speaking on was not the persons feelings who had the NM stolen it was strictly about the attitude of the person who brags about taking an NM and enjoys it.

Those people come off as pathetic and desperate to me in this community, I think others share this opinion. It reminds me of the 12 year old kids who think it's cool to call people *** while playing Halo, it's immature and sad.. this community can be better than that, has been better than that and in most cases is better than that as a whole.

But.. lesson be learned there are people out there who act like this both in the real world and in game and there isn't much that can be done to stop them the world is their toilet and they will piss where they please. Getting upset with them doesn't really accomplish anything.

Yet they still do. Hence it being funny.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-06 12:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

But.. lesson be learned there are people out there who act like this both in the real world and in game and there isn't much that can be done to stop them the world is their toilet and they will piss where they please. Getting upset with them doesn't really accomplish anything.

Yet they still do. Hence it being funny.

Yes, the stereotypical 12 year olds calling people *** on xbox do enjoy it and think it's funny. We all know they think it's funny. I'm sure you fail to see the relation here.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-06 12:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Hades.Tripster said:
TURUL

How many times you fought it with a bunch of people waiting like vultures for you to wipe? Or how many times YOU waited for a party to wipe to claim it? lol

When Turul does that knockback move it usually goes unclaimed and that's when the Stuns/Flash/Provoke happens lol I hate Turul.

Edit:
Oh, and even though I think it's wrong to claim NMs, Turul is under my "perfectly acceptable NM to steal" list. Cause if you die, someone else is gonna take it.
Some *** *** group was wiping to that the other day, and of course I'm chillin' here on my DNC waiting on them to wipe so I can leech their blue proc, *** *** call for help and start kiting the mofo around for 40 *** minutes, luckily a GM call got through in time. *** ***. ***like that is why I have no qualms claiming a yellow NM.

irony.. you were fully intending on pissing someone off by stealing their NM and they in turn made you mad when you failed to do so?

also lol @ you failing again after they CFH.. if you were worth anything you could have killed it yourself when they CFH rather than wait for 40 minutes and cry to a GM.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 12:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a more appropriate analogy would be that griefers enjoy griefing.

And yes I enjoy team killing for reactions too. In fact I have 3 or 4 subscriptions to people who do it on youtube and laugh my *** off when people get incredibly mad over the microphone.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-06 12:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Trollolololol

I don't take an NM unless a group is down and out, which obviously vies on my estimate of their abilities. If they're respectful, I'll give them the loot.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-06 12:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

And yes I enjoy team killing for reactions too. In fact I have 3 or 4 subscriptions to people who do it on youtube and laugh my *** off when people get incredibly mad over the microphone.

None of this is surprising given your continued level of maturity. Luckily many of the games have vote to kick to eliminate this type of behavior.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 13:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

None of this is surprising given your continued level of maturity. Luckily many of the games have vote to kick to eliminate this type of behavior.

Oh no Tweeek has called me immature, I'm not quite sure how I'll get through my day.

Oh wait, I'll keep doing it and continue having fun.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 13:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If I didn't get the reactions I crave then I'd have no reason to continue.
 Odin.Trelan
Server: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2011-07-06 13:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Some ppl make the game better, others make it worse. It is the same with society.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 13:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Trelan said:
Some ppl make the game better, others make it worse. It is the same with society.

AND SOME MAKE IT FUN
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-06 13:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Making it fun is Blizzard V'ing your charmed friends.

Being a douche is Blizzard V'ing a strangers mob.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 13:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Making it fun is Blizzard V'ing your charmed friends.

Being a douche is Blizzard V'ing a strangers mob.

fun is pretty subjective.

I find people who Blizz V a friend to be more of a douche.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-06 13:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Which nullifies your entire witty comment.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 13:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Which nullifies your entire witty comment.

Who says I was trying to be witty.

I didn't think I had to say "In my opinion" at the end of the comment.

I find the drama and butthurt from stealing an NM a fun part of the game.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-06 13:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter if you were trollin', people are going to take you seriously. lol
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 13:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:

It doesn't matter if you were trollin', people are going to take you seriously. lol

It was in parody to Tweeeks post, but yeah.

I do agree with it in part though, instead of making a huge song and dance about losing an NM, make a note of the person who did it and just ignore them completely.

If you react you're only feeding them/us.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-06 13:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually.....
I stole Orthrus from a random group once because all the melee were dying and they were zombying it.
Even more fail: a THF popped a brew after I claimed it......
This was before the update that introduced the three ???s, btw.
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2011-07-06 13:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said:
Answer used to be obvious when there was only one pop spot for these monsters. You obviously wouldn't let someone take the time to zombie a monster down. Nowadays, I think it is better off to let other groups do what they want so long as it's not affecting you. Of course if it looks like the monster is going to depop you can claim though.

Quick side story... Most annoying event I can think of is when I had a group doing sobek,nin thf war whm blm or something like that. Both war and thf were disengaged and the nin got deathed at 1%. The mob was unclaimed for maybe 5 seconds and running towards the members that were alive and a nin from another group runs in and WSes it for the kill. He was also very proud of himself, and I was surprsied it flew considering him and like 6 other members of his ls were there and all found it quite funny rather than unfair... So at least there needs to be some restraint on waiting for a full wipe from the group imo and also if mob is less than 5% just let them finish it off.

See this is what I like, Restraint. Like some ppl I know, who would doesn't even understand what the word means, even though they get their jollies at a mere wipe, not a full wipe. I know sometimes there is that smidgeon of chance that the tables could turn, and your mob would be finished, they think that being at full HP and takes down a mob who is at 5%, makes them think they are leet. I'm not butthurt, I just laugh at this, b.c I don't look at this as a pitfall, in my quest to kill an NM, I just look at this as epic fail on the guys who is stealing it b.c if an NM has to be @ too weak state for someone to defeat a mob, rather than actually taking it on at full HP, that just means either something went wrong in my party, OR The person stealing my mob, is ballsy and hasn't the guts to do his own mob @ full. I have never actually had this, b.c when I kill my own mobs, I already know I will have my mob killed, and never have a chance for it to go yellow.
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-07-06 13:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

In my own opinion I wouldnt steal a nm from someone unless they did the same to me. We all get in the horrible groups which never ends well. I'd rather it despawn and pop my own over a QQ fest
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2011-07-06 13:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

But.. lesson be learned there are people out there who act like this both in the real world and in game and there isn't much that can be done to stop them the world is their toilet and they will piss where they please. Getting upset with them doesn't really accomplish anything. One can only help that random acts of kindness will in turn generate more random acts of kindness with a pay it forward type idea.

Tweek, I feel the same exact way, and in so doing so.. I'd like to add this...LOL good movie too.

Like it would never happen, but hey..Karma works in mysterious ways!! LMFAO!!
 Phoenix.Nihilist
user: Nihilist
By Phoenix.Nihilist 2011-07-06 13:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody asks {Do you need any help?} anymore?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-06 13:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I ask it quite frequently if people are obviously having trouble with stuff, but people rarely accept my offer. I can't even begin to count the number of Glavoids I've offered assistance with while making Ukon and Twashtar, and not once has a group formed parties with me until after they've raged it, wiped, and we've claimed the unraged version. I'd love it if they'd save me some time and just team up when they're obviously in over their heads with 5x as many people as they need.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-06 13:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Nihilist said:
Nobody asks {Do you need any help?} anymore?

We do, one of our members who is a little less patient (before the 3x???s) or on single pop NMs actually asks all the time, we are more than happy to help a duo NIN with red procs!! but it's rare that people say yes. Most of the time they say nothing, some people say {No Thanks}

The other day we asked if someone needed help, I had been keeping their PLD alive by curing them for about 5 minutes straight outside party because one of our LS mates knew someone in the group. By the time we formed group though and got a MNK on it we had realized it was in total rage mode and was a loss cause. We stayed in their group for another pop and killed it so they could get a clean kill.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 13:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neonracer said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

Tweek, I feel the same exact way, and in so doing so.. I'd like to add this...LOL good movie too.

Like it would never happen, but hey..Karma works in mysterious ways!! LMFAO!!

LMAO XD ROFFLE