First Page 2 3
 Quetzalcoatl.Idkmybffjill
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: tooheyv
By Quetzalcoatl.Idkmybffjill 2011-07-02 18:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Soviet space dogs looking for fearless K9s. A bit about our shell:

Our first members were Dezik and Tsygan. After they successfully became the first dogs to make a sub orbital flight, many more members joined us including Albina, and Otvazhnaya. Our proudest moment was when Liaka was the first living creature from Vana’diel on any server to make it into orbit.

We have had very little drama associated with our shell. We had an issue where one of our members named Smelaya(which means curage) got cold feet and left shell before tanking for a huge event. We worked it out however and she ended up tanking fine. However, don’t think we are lax leadership. Another dog named Bolik tried to pull the same thing and we just repped him with a random newb from port jeuno we named “Zib” (which stood for substitute for missing Bolik).

If you join our shell expect a rigorous training schedule and to maintain a prime physical condition. We will not let you attend events if you don’t eat your food.

If you make it back from space alive you can assume you have passed your trial period. Apply at your local USSR space program relations office today.
[+]
By Kaerin 2011-07-02 18:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-07-02 18:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

what the ...

This is ... awesome lol.

Good luck finding people.
 Odin.Aurara
Server: Odin
user: Aurara
By Odin.Aurara 2011-07-03 21:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We're terrible players :(
By Tortuga1004 2011-07-03 21:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, they are! naah only aurara is ;)
 Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot
By Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot 2011-07-03 22:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF Flowers, Should of used your Odin.Sawtelle account to post this. People might actually think there are good players on this trashy server when you post with a Quetz profile.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-07-03 22:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-07-04 01:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot said:
WTF Flowers, Should of used your Odin.Sawtelle account to post this. People might actually think there are good players on this trashy server when you post with a Quetz profile.
No lie, I know. It keeps defaulting to idk and I didn't catch it before posting. I would have used my USSR.Flowerz account but thats under inactive servers so...
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-04 01:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-04 02:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said:
Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot said:
No lie, I know. It keeps defaulting to idk and I didn't catch it before posting. I would have used my USSR.Flowerz account but thats under inactive servers so...

Quetz is pro wtf............
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-08-11 23:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So, for realz this time(copy/paste from BG):

Soviet Space Dogs (and by extension Capitalist Space Cats) is now recruiting new members! We were always a very small LS with very specific recruiting requirements (unless you were a mithra, then I'd just give you a pearl) and well, everyone got a bunch of stuff and quit except me and Flowers. Being bored we decided we should recruit more people (I sort of forced him into it =3 ) so now is your chance to join! Get in on the new ground floor with the best LS to be in!

About Us: We're jerks, so you can be a jerk, we don't care about your gear, we don't care about how much gil you have, don't care if you cheat or don't cheat, don't give a ***about your knowledge of game mechanics (we will drill this into your head after you join), don't care what events you have completed, don't care what you have access to. We do everything, and you will get everything, and if we don't do it, we will teach you to do it, and you can go do it, so that stuff does not matter.

Requirements: We play from like 6 or 8pm EST til we get bored and fall asleep, we ask that you play at this time. We ask that you be a bit self motivated, the more motivated you are, the better this LS will work out for you since if you don't come to stuff you won't get anything. You need to have skype/mic. You need to be ok with us cheating with our terrible windower macros and stuff. You need to be willing to gear yourself properly, and make gear swaps, and fill your inventory with junk like food/meds/MDT sets/etc, this is none-negotiable. You can be gimp when you join, but you need to make gear swaps, and get MDT sets, WS sets, stuff like that. If you need help with this stuff we will gladly do it, but intentionally being terrible will not be tolerated.

This is not a "go get stuff for the leaders" LS. I just want to point that out.
But if you want to know the level of players this LS is founded by and use to be filled with:
http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Kaerin This is me, Hi( '-')/
http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Sawtelle This is Flowers.

Random Idea of the stuff we do:
We have every T4 voidwatch pop, and use them at least once a week, we want to do NEW dynamis NMs but do not have the people right now, we do dreamland dynamis like once a week when we get bored, salvage, just quit einherjar because everyone who showed up got everything they wanted (might take it back up if people want stuff), we make empyreans, we level stupid jobs we'll never play and gear them better then most gear their mains, and I guess we do abyssea.

No Mormons allowed, Flowers doesn't believe in you, we can't crush his ideals

PM or send me/sawtelle a tell in game if interested or have questions.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-08-13 12:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Answers to questions i've gotten:

Drops are decided by yours truely based on attendance/previously attained gear/usefulness. Although at the moment 95% of stuff is free lot because the few remaining SSDs are almost capped on drops.

I fund dynamis glasses(and when we did einherjar, lamps), take 500k in currency, and the rest free falls. When we do nondreamlands all currency is free fall.

There is no trial period. Trial periods are stupid. The day you get your pearl you are eligible for drops.

We are not looking for specific jobs. However, either some variety in jobs and/or a willingness to lvl (by lvl I mean leech jobs when we cleave empyrean NM pops) and play new jobs is required.
By Kaerin 2011-08-15 12:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just posting to say we have 2 new members, looking for a couple more. And in the 2 days we've had 2 new members we've completed more AF3+2's for them then the leaders of the other LS's using this forum to recruit actually have for their own characters. So if you're looking here for an LS to join, don't be fooled into picking the wrong one =3
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-08-22 20:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

forgot to post here as well as BG. We have closed open recruitment while we break in our new members and get them empyreans. May open recruitment again if our members decide to leave or get kicked.
By Kaerin 2011-09-02 08:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as an update, we've gotten eponas and zelus tiaras for all our new people. Started working on T4 voidwatch pops for them (1/3 so far, been busy farming T4s), finished 1 empyrean for a new member, almost done with a second, and gotten them tons and tons of +2's.

That said I may be looking for 1 or 2 more people to join. Mage jobs only, can send me a message here, message me on skype, leave a message in this thread, etc. I need to know playtime, jobs and whether or not you play a mithra.
By Likeaboss 2011-09-02 12:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm interested in joining. Right now i have nin and war leveled. If you find a free spot in your ls hit me up. I usually log in every night at 7 pm est. Thanks for your consideration.
By Kaerin 2011-09-03 03:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Likeaboss said: »
i have nin and war leveled.

Kaerin said: »
Mage jobs only.

Reading comprehension and the ability to follow instructions are integral parts of our LS, I don't think you would fit in.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-09-03 05:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

These cats don't mess around, they get stuff done like true Cosmonauts. Ypa товарищ !
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-09-03 07:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Free bumb? UNLESS YOUR CHARITY HAS MAGE JOBS LVLED, WE DONT NEED IT. ZOMG!

Edit: I wanted to clarify about our "need" for mages. This is not ment to say we need a main brd or whm, we just want people that can play mage jobs. For example, a real healer for voidwatch so as not to bring in whm mules that then get radiant mails which will never even be equiped. Or a rdm/blm to chainstun an arch DL so we dont have people lagged out by having to triobox chainstuners along with already playing a DD and brd mule.

Now, if you are a career brd or whm, more power to you. Enjoy joining and getting your flowerpower club of lolmeleewhmness. But if you are instead someone more inclined to playing warrior+whm mule, and just have rdm lvled/geared from back at 75 when you needed a mage job to get into HNM shells, you may still qualify.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2011-09-03 07:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Really wish I wasn't in Korea, as my play times are impossible to work with >.<

Maybe when I get back to the states in a year...

Good luck recruiting!
 Odin.Doylus
user: Doylus
By Odin.Doylus 2011-09-03 12:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey im interested in joining im not a "career" WHM but it was my first 75 back in the day lol. Its not perfect as i am still working on it but its definitately geared better then a 75 mule. I have a bunch of jobs leveled and have no problem hopping on any one of them depending on what is needed at the time.
By Kaerin 2011-09-04 05:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Done recruiting again, check back in 2 weeks if you're interested in case people randomly quit FFXI or decide theyd on't like the LS.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [187 days between previous and next post]
By Odin.Runswithfafnirs 2012-03-09 01:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I just made a whole indepth post and lost it. FFFF. So this is the me doing the tl;dr cause I dont want to write it again.

Sovietspacedogs is looking for members. We want people that are either already good, or average and willing to take advice. We will help you get basic gear from abyssea, but do not plan to mass farm everyone that joins empyreans. The goal is to have a strong base of members for voidwatch, legion, arch dl, other stuff.

We do einherjar at 11est on mon/thurs, and still are looking for good members to do neonyzul once they add the stopper and I can stand doing it again.

Events I lead will be at about 10 est on weekdays, a bit earlier on weekends. I will announce the events about a week in advance with relative consistency on events occuring 2-3 times mon-thurs and 1-2 events saturday/sunday. Other members are welcome to lead events(IE: go do stuff)

tl;dr: I want to get people now and make them not suck so I can do legion when it comes out.
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-03-09 02:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Def Bump.. Loved hw you guys replaced the hammer and sickle with a Scimitar and a Ukon!!!!

Nice Photoshop!! Well done!

And the vid of the nat' anthem.. I'm one for being multi-cultualled.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-09 02:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a kannagi and an ukon :/ time to fire my graphic designer.
By Kaerin 2012-03-09 02:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This one's better anyway.
*** the evil empire of dogs!
CATS RULE DOGS DROOL!!!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-03-09 02:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Its a kannagi and an ukon :/ time to fire my graphic designer.

Ok So its a kannagi.. but cud also be a sapara of trials too...

No don't fire him.. just fix it a tad. You're fine.

Depends on how ppl interpret the flag, really.
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-03-09 02:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This one's better anyway.
*** the evil empire of dogs!
CATS RULE DOGS DROOL!!!!

I am a cat lover....LOL
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-03-09 02:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, these guys sound crazy fun. If I would have stayed on Ifrit. I would have joined these guys!!
First Page 2 3