Shinryu REALLY Vulnerable To Death From T.Scythe?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Shinryu REALLY vulnerable to Death from T.Scythe?
Shinryu REALLY vulnerable to Death from T.Scythe?
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-07-02 01:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if this is True. On Shinryu's Wiki page under notes is says that he's susceptible to Death (from Twilight Scythe). I'd love to see a screenshot of this lol.
 Leviathan.Pewpewz
Server: Leviathan
user: Enygma3
By Leviathan.Pewpewz 2011-07-02 02:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as i know, every monster is vulnerable to this, but the higher the lvl of the monster the less of a chance you'll have i believe. I have the scythe but i'm rarely on drk so maybe i'm not the best one to ask lol, i'm curious too tho
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-02 03:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The scythe only works on normal mobs, it does not apply to NMs.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2011-07-02 03:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to kill it for you but Shinryu won't be defeated off on hit that procs off the Twilight Scythe...

Higher level mobs are not susceptible to 1 shot kill, what will happen is that the mobs will take some degree of magic based dmg if "death procs."
[+]
 Remora.Dodu
Server: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-07-02 04:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

wat ^
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-02 04:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
Sorry to kill it for you but Shinryu won't be defeated off on hit that procs off the Twilight Scythe...

Higher level mobs are not susceptible to 1 shot kill, what will happen is that the mobs will take some degree of magic based dmg if "death procs."

[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-02 04:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If it literally is "death" wouldn't it follow the same rules as Odin?
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-07-02 05:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:

I've never seen something else happen when Death from scythe procs. Either Death succeeds, or it doesn't. All the NMs I've fought I have never seen Death proc on them, or any other "magic damage" from Twilight either. So I believe it's widely assumed NMs are immune to it. I've never fought Shinryu on DRK so can't really tell ya what the proc rate is on him if it procs at all.
[+]
 Bahamut.Attribute
Server: Bahamut
user: XGP0001
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-07-02 06:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I have seen the scythe 1 shot Glavoid. We only got the Headband and 1 shell but it CAN happen. On Shin I am not sure but it can proc on NMs its just like a .001 % rate. Has anyone else seen it do something like this on Abyssea NMs? And I will admit this was within 10 days of the scythe even being available so it may have even been a glitch.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2011-07-02 07:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is everyone 100% certain about NM-HNMs being immune to Death?
Maybe it was patched, but I remember our drk one shotting both briareus and Sobek not long after he got the scythe.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-02 11:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would a scythe be able to inflict death on a NM but not Odin?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-02 11:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Attribute said:
Actually I have seen the scythe 1 shot Glavoid. We only got the Headband and 1 shell but it CAN happen. On Shin I am not sure but it can proc on NMs its just like a .001 % rate. Has anyone else seen it do something like this on Abyssea NMs? And I will admit this was within 10 days of the scythe even being available so it may have even been a glitch.

Pics or it didn't happen.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Norondor 2011-07-02 11:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Well, on the other hand, why assume it's the same proc effect?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-02 11:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
because the scythe rate can be lowered mathematically with much more flexibility than Odin

Uh no, and again pics or it didn't happen.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-07-02 11:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Attribute said:

everything you post related to the game has been total ***, /totally believe you bro
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-02 11:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience, anything that checks "Impossible to Gauge" Is immune to the death effect from Twilight scythe. This includes monsters in Nyzul that are normally just ordinary creatures. (For example in the Eliminate Specified Enemy Objective)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-07-04 02:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just attempted to solo Shinryu with the scythe, hit it dozens of times and a number of weapon skills, tried it in a party just before the solo fight too, and it never killed it off.

Either there is an extremely low chance it can happen, or it does not at all, from the looks of it, it seems death is not possiblee on this NM, if it was we would see parties of DRKs trying it and not wasting cruor on brews.
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-07-04 02:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It just doesn't seem to be true if it'd only work on Shinryu and no other NM.

POIDH is all I can say because I'm too tired to come up with a legitimate argument D:

Odin.Ryuotas said:
It does not proc on Notorious-Monsters or Dark-Based standard monsters... the game is broken, but I don't think we've quite reached the threshold of complete and utter lunacy, gained from a weapon that is incredibly easy to obtain, no less.

Wiki has been known to be wrong... I once typed Salma Hayek in the standard Wikipedia, and my search resulted in a page of "Tyrone is 3 billion percent sure he did not father Tyisha's baby." True story.

On a side-note, nice Shogo avatar.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-07-04 02:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have changed it on Wiki, there is no proof at all that it can be killed by Death, until someone gives a screenshot or a video proving it works, then there is no reason to keep that information there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-04 02:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
I have changed it on Wiki, there is no proof at all that it can be killed by Death, until someone gives a screenshot or a video proving it works, then there is no reason to keep that information there.

There's no proof that it can't ;p
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-07-04 02:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pewpewz said:
As far as i know, every monster is vulnerable to this, but the higher the lvl of the monster the less of a chance you'll have i believe. I have the scythe but i'm rarely on drk so maybe i'm not the best one to ask lol, i'm curious too tho
roflmao
 Shiva.Johneblaze
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Johneblaze 2011-07-11 12:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

side question can "death" proc in Pvp?
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-11 12:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Attribute said:

i think i was in the same PT as you bro
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2011-07-11 12:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Johneblaze said:
I haven't seen it happen in the 20+ matches I've tried
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-07-11 12:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Johneblaze said:
Yep, it can happen. Another DRK I was facing off with told me she had 800 HP left from a potion she used, then I hit her for 200-ish, and went splat. It was a lucky shot too, so I bring Twilight for PVP whenever I'm on DRK. :P
First Page 2