Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Dat Ukonvasara :E
Dat Ukonvasara :E
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-07-01 21:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to build my dad a Ukonvasara, but i'm looking for the easiest, cheapest, low-mannest way to do it.

I'm currently on Glavoid. I'm not concerned about Itzpapalotl.

Can anyone on this lovable website give me the best methods for going about getting all 50 Glavoid shells?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-01 21:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR + WHM and changing to THF for Glavoid would be as low as you can get without completely screwing yourself on either red procs or TH, and with the WHM going /BLM for Disgorge it's competely doable. Add additional characters as available.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-07-01 21:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Uptempo said:
Nin, Whm and i took a blm mule along to stun disgorge.
I concur with this. If you have a competent stunner, you should be able to handle Glavoid. Kills will take a bit longer with less people, but your end result will be the same.
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-07-01 23:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

How would one go about getting the KI's? Amber cleaving? And what would you cleave?

The regular way just seems like it would take a year...
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-07-01 23:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

KI: Cap amber, azure, pearl. Then just go to either Minhocao spawn or Adze spawn and camp them, you'll usually get the other KI if you kill mobs for time. The regular way isn't actually that bad, took me probably 40 hours (We did it pretty relaxed). Personally, camping Tunga was worse than Adze/Minhocao ever was. Buying PI can save you 20~30 minutes per popset

Fight:
MNK WHM BRD

MNK hyped up on HP merits with a BRD could practically duo the fight if you use your head and turn, Carols take care of the rest. BRD/WHM with healing atma/gear could easily main heal if Disgorge doesn't do over 900.

Or:
NIN/DNC WAR/SAM WHM/BLM

Then there's always the most common group, which you will probably have better access to anyway since you need them for red. NIN/DRK or NIN/BLM work too for backup stun, but NIN/DNC really provides the most though VF is a more unreliable form of stun. That being said, WHM/BLM should be enough, and you may not even need stun if you turn correctly.

GL it's well worth your time. BRD+Ukon+Abyssea = easy mode of the easy mode.
 Fenrir.Kogah
user: Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2011-07-01 23:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I did NIN WHM for KIs sometimes NIN WAR WHM. I didnt cleave many pops it's much slower than killing the nms. Expect 30-60 mins+ for farming each pop with competition. Slow and steady but easy!

For Glavoid himself THF NIN WHM stunning only Disgorge keeping Bar and shell 5 on at all times. Normal atmas for everyone.

Don't bring too many people as it will actually die slower because people never turn. My friend and I killed it 7-11 mins each time really didnt heal it and never even came close to wiping. ONLY WS DURING SPELLCASTS!!! Also our WHM was a mule. Hope it halps!

Edit: I did it in about 10 days with only about 6 runs of a few hours each, but I also got lucky and got 2 shells on every kill but one.
By Blazed1979 2011-07-02 00:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

just to add, do a few shouts every day.
A lot of people sitting on 4/4 glavoid pops and just want the cards/stones.
Some don't want anything and will let you have it for free.
We got at least 20 shells this way in the past few months.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-07-02 00:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleave for time, not for KI.

Just tried it today; ***sucks.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kogah
user: Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2011-07-02 00:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol when going for glavoid pops all you get is chloris and lacovies when going for chloris you only get glavoid and lacovie but when you DO get lucky you get stuck on one ki
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-02 00:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Cleave for time, not for KI. Just tried it today; ***sucks.
Sucks for small groups but if you have about 8-9, all with no KI, it can save you some time if you have a BLU do his thing on Bats/Couerls while the rest of the group gets Adze/Minh.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-07-02 00:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kogah said:
Lol when going for glavoid pops all you get is chloris and lacovies when going for chloris you only get glavoid and lacovie but when you DO get lucky you get stuck on one ki

That's almost exactly wtf happened.

Same thing as Sobek. I could have popped 4 Amhuluks and Croins per Sobek pop I cleaved.

Frustrating as hell.