New To Abbysea - Advise?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » New to abbysea - advise?
New to abbysea - advise?
By Clonemaster 2011-06-28 16:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back to the game casually in august of last year and have spent my time slowly dual boxing. I didn't really want to abyssea exp leech so I told myself to wait until 70+ to try and head in.

Over the weekend I finally broke 70cap as DNC, 2nd account still needs to beat maat... RDM, ugh.

So my questions are: is 70 good to go and not just be a leech, or should I try for 75+?

Also there is so much to abyssea what should be my focus first? Are there certain abbysites/atmas I should immediately try to get or should I quickly get to 90 then go back and start picking things up? (My hope is that with my DNC / RDM dual box combo I should be able to tackle a lot of stuff alone at 90)

Since I've never been in abbysea (aside from a 1st visit to start building stones) I don't have any curor or conflux points... if I were to get a pug would they get pissy that I can't teleport and possibly kick me? Should I ask my LS to farm me some curor and then run around getting confluxes before I try to get a pug?

Thanks for any advise,
Chibi

As a note I should add that I bought abbysea back in.... January? ...so I have tones of stones saved up by now, visitant status shouldn't be a problem.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-28 16:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If you'r lucky, you might get to join a pt as level 70, but lots of people are very picky about people having to be 75+, but good luck to you ^^,
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-28 16:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

used to be 72 for DD and 65 for support but that was a while ago i dont exp so if i'm outdated I apologize