Armada Hauberk - Worth It?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Armada hauberk - Worth it?
Armada hauberk - Worth it?
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-28 05:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

At the end of the primary Ukko's Fury ws set thread this piece is talked about a little, but I wanted to dedicate a thread to it.

I'm not a career war/drk/bst, but I'm a very vain person and I think this piece would be a really nice "I'm awesome" piece of gear. I do play warrior every now and then though, so I'd get at least some use out of it as the best piece for a certain slot for certain situations. If it's no longer "the best" in a given slot though it isn't worth it to me anymore - I'd have to at least get -some- use out of it.

It comes down to money, the cursed piece wouldn't break me but it'd make a huge dent in my savings (I already have the abjuration). Since nobody can relate to another's in-game money situation, I have a couple of questions*:

1. How much better is this piece than the next two pieces (twilight and whatever #3 is) for RR and Ukko's?
2. Do you think that SE will make this obsolete by 95? (I've had the same logic going on in my head for the past few days, just curious to see what others think of it)

*Assume this piece has +2 crit rate and +2 double attack augments.
 Sylph.Volfield
Server: Sylph
user: Volfield
By Sylph.Volfield 2011-06-28 05:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

DEF: 54 STR +11 DEX +11 Accuracy +16
Attack +16 Evasion -11

vs

DEF: 70 STR +15 DEX +15 VIT +15
AGI +15 INT +15 MND +15 CHR +15
Accuracy+25
Adds "Refresh" effect

In general i believe twilight mail is the better piece but for Ukko's fury and RR.

You'd basically have to pin down the

STR+11 DEX+11 ACC+16 ATK+16
vs
STR+15 DEX +15 ACC+25

It leads me to believe with the mail you'd have more consistent full hits on the WS (if the hits still are able to miss, haven't played in a year, came back last week). Vs Probably more Damage per hit with a small loss of accuraccy.
It's a tough call but i believe most people will go with Armada.

And at 95 it's probably going to be trash, and i can't assume this piece has crit rate+2 and double atk+2 unless your luck is godlike.
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-28 05:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Spending 10-15 for the -1... I'd spend just as much to get perfect augments. The only trouble would be getting my synergist to stay awake during all that crap.

Well I was pretty close to throwing down the cash for it... you guys might have saved me from that mistake. Still up for more opinions please.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-28 05:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Armada Hauberk (With proper augments) Beats Ravager's Lorica for TP. You're better off using Zahak's/Grim/etc for Ukko's Fury or Raging rush imo.
Sylph.Volfield said:
I can't assume this piece has crit rate+2 and double atk+2 unless your luck is godlike.

Havn't seen Critical hit rate on Armada Hauberk, but the Store TP+ And Double attack augments are what make it such a high-end TP piece again. (Not to mention it looks 110% better than Lorica.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-28 05:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
Spending 10-15 for the -1... I'd spend just as much to get perfect augments. The only trouble would be getting my synergist to stay awake during all that crap.

Well I was pretty close to throwing down the cash for it... you guys might have saved me from that mistake. Still up for more opinions please.

Depends on how good your synergist is I guess. Took my friend about...25~? tries to get his current augments for his :s~ E. Tatters are only 10~30k on our server, so wasn't too bad.

Edit: Imo, it's worth it. I love white box factor and the fact that I will probably *never* relot ebody is more reason to HQ it the first time around!
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-06-28 08:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Armada is amazing for TP and beats af3+2 hands down.

for WS: hard mobs outside still use twilight, abyssea uses mainly grim(+1) for low attack situations

Zahak's should beat armada in high attack inside abyssea situations

outside abyssea with 3% DA(I dont think it can get crit rate op) it will beat zahaks on standard mobs given you get any return from the attack or dex. IE:unless you have berserk/rcb/chaos roll and less than 130dex in WS set, armada beats zahak. if you see returns from the acc on armada you are likely in a twilight mail situation(vwnms).

I love mine (stp+4, da+3 in about 50 tatters), and am glad I spent the gil on the -1 every day i'm on war. I wouldn't count the tatters to augment is as a variable in choosing since you have to augment NQ to make to good also.

Edit: since I suppose "Is armada worth it" would include a comparison of NQ:
tp NQ still beats af3+2 for tp, if you get 2da(max on nq) it will probably be tied or a little behind zahaks (estimate, haven't mathed this)on outside standard mobs.
 Ragnarok.Matriarch
Server: Ragnarok
user: Taisaijin
By Ragnarok.Matriarch 2011-07-02 08:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Ares Cuirass a suitable replacement for Grim if you don't have the cash?
 Siren.Corrin
Server: Siren
By Siren.Corrin 2011-07-02 09:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Matriarch said:
Is Ares Cuirass a suitable replacement for Grim if you don't have the cash?

I guess your asking since you already have Ares? But yeah I'd imagine it would do fine as a stand in.